cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@QueenMarceline  Ha, I feel like I’m more cut throat these days with letting things go, cause I found a moms FB group i can post bags of goodies to, and I know anything that’s not gross or expired will be loved within hours.  Makes it feel better and I get it out of the house before I can sift through things and try to convince myself I can make them work.  

to date I haven’t missed anything except some false lashes:D  

you can have an ‘ ON PROBATION’ pile of things you’re not so sure about;) 

@heartsmyface That's a great idea. I usually pile mine up and let my friends sift through it but I at times feel overwhelmed with the amount of things I have to go through, lol. I'll definitely need to schedule my semi-annual declutter very soon, haha. 

@heartsmyface Great job on all those empties! Something I'm noticing with myself during this empties journey of mine this year is that I really do not use many (if any) candles during the summer time. Probably because of how hot it is already that I'm just rarely ever up for lighting one, but still such a shame since I love candles so much. Proper kudos to you for using so many up! 🕯 I'm inspired!

@heartsmyface Wowza good job!

June July Love Ok.jpg

June and July

2022- 75 /100
2022 - 34 Destashes

Love-
Galentines Day Candle- Not Pictured
It's A 10

Ok-
Seoul Girl's Mask
Farmacy Honey Butter
Murad Skin Polish
Aerin Rose Lip Conditioner
Origins GinZing Eye Cream
LÓccitane Milk Concentrate
Ellis Brooklyn Myth Perfume
Be Merry Mask
Commes des Garcons Amazingreen

June July No No Op.jpg

No Opinion-
Billie Shave Cream
Si Passione Armani Perfume
Shea Moisture Facial Wipes

N.O.-
Rare Beauty Foundation x2
Fresh Sugar Serum

June July Destash.jpg

De-stash-
Huda Strobe
Sephora Cherry Clean Gloss
Buxom Cherry FLip Gloss
UD Perversion Eye Liner 😞
Sephora Watermelon Clean Gloss
Josie Maran Argan Oil
Sara Happ Lip Scrub

@Samtian good job!! I could never part with my Huda strobes 🤣

@lmaster Haha if I ever end up with anymore I will send them your way.

@Samtian have you tried it on top of another lippie? 

@lmaster Yep, and that's the major reason it got tossed. 

@Samtian Well bummer!!!

Double Posting from Empties Thread (version 1): June Empties

Key:

❤️Red HeartI've used this product for a long time now. It's one of my tried/trues, I'll continue to buy it.

💛Yellow/Orange HeartI've used this product for a long time now, I like it enough to continue repurchasing.

💝Ribbon Wrapped Pink HeartA relatively new product I've been trying but I'm liking it a lot so far.

🖤Black Heart: A loved but discontinued product. 

👩Shrugging Girl EmojiI haven't used this product enough to formulate a strong opinion about it. (It's "okay")

👍Thumbs UpI'm liking this this product. Nothing revolutionary, but I like it enough to try it again/maybe repurchase.

👎Thumbs Down= I'm not liking this product and I won't be repurchasing. 

IMG-0640.JPG

Additional Thoughts:

Spoiler
Earth Therapeutics Tea Tree Cooling Foot Scrub: Not a bad scrub, I've been using this one for quite some time. It doesn't have as much of a cooling effect as I'd like it to but it's a good one to have on hand. This is a nice economical and underrated brand overall 🙂

Herbivore Amethyst Scrub: I thought the Coco Rose version of this scrub was a bit too "thin" for my personal preferences but I really enjoyed the smell of that one. This one however, doesn't smell very good to me at all. Won't be repurchasing this one since it doesn't check any of the boxes. Womp womp. 

Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Oil: I've been using this oil for about half a decade one. I swear by this as an all around, multi-purpose neutral oil. If I had to choose to use one oil in my skincare for the rest of my life, I'd have to choose this one due to versatility. I've used this on my face as a daily spa task, as a ointment for razr burns, as a lip oil and the list goes on. Truly something I'll probably always have on hand. 

IMG-0641.JPG

Additional Thoughts:

Spoiler
Dove Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Spray in Rose Petals Scent: I slept on this product for so long until I was forced to pick one up when my luggage got lost on a vacation. This is what they were selling at my resort and I ended up loving the feel and performance of it. I ventured out over the years in trying out different scents but this one is definitely one of my go-to fragrances in this product. I love that it doesn't leave behind reside, that it works and the fact it comes in such a variety of scents. There's truly something for everyone in this category. 

Yankee Candle Large Tumbler in Sweet Plum Sake Scent: I'll admit, I have the infamous C-Word when I lit this candle so my sense of smell may have been quite impaired, so maybe I'll give it another shot in the future. I like this scent enough, but it's not something that struck me as out of this world but overall, this is a bit too "bland" and "mild" of a scent for me. I much prefer other Yankee Candles to this one because the throw was not very good (ie. barely existent). 

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Rose Gold: I must admit the entire line of Batiste Dry Shampoo is a bit too heavy for my personal taste. I love a nice fine, mild-coating type of dry shampoo (like amika). However, this one does blend-out quite nicely and I do use it as a nice more economic option especially when I know I'll be reaching for the dry shampoo often. Particularly, I love something about this scent a lot. It's very "up my alley". 

IMG-0638.JPG

(Sorry for sideways photo)

Additional Thoughts:

Spoiler
Amika The Cure Shampoo: When I want a nice sudsy cleansing type of shampoo I usually reach for this one. It's been my go-to for quite a few years now and I don't see that changing very soon. 

V05 Strawberries & Cream Hair Conditioner: I know I get a couple side eyes for this but I love using this as a "base conditioner", I have more higher end things that I use in my hair more sparingly because I lather my hair in this conditioner beforehand (thus, needing less of the expensive product). These things are super cheap, oddly work exceptionally well for my curly/fine hair and give my strands the moisture they so desperately crave. I love my hair masks and treatments but this is one of those products that have been with me through the long haul. I need to use a ton of conditioner on my curls since my hair soaks it up like a sponge and this really works some magic on my head and in my wallet.  

Suave Brown Sugar & Vanilla Body Wash: Another super cheap but great find. I love the suave body washes, they always leave me feeling squeaky clean without drying out my skin too much. This one in particular has some microbeads so it's great for a sweaty summer rinse off. 

The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Bar Soap: Love this bar soap, another "classic" from my regularly used items. This is great for more sensitive areas, gives the right amount of controllable lather and a simple scent payoff that's still very pleasant. Love the "milky" feel this gives off. 

IMG-0639.JPG

Additional Thoughts:

Spoiler
Sephora Cactus Foot Mask: This is a good mask, I'm a fan of Sephora's prior foot mask line and this was my first try of the replacements. This one gets the seal of approval but I really still wish they'd bring back the Lavender and Almond, hey, why can't we have all of these options? Sephora foot masks are usually my go-to. ❤️

The Creme Shop Rose Water Sheet Mask: Meh. I had high hopes for this one and it just didn't deliver. I love everything and anything rose, but this mask was quite basic and didn't live up to the high standards that The Creme Shop has for it's other face masks (just my two cents).

The Creme Shop Witch Hazel Sheet Mask: My skin can be quite picky about what kind of witch hazel it likes/does not that particular day. This one was a hit and I'd definitely repurchase it again. Does not have an overbearing smell, great packaging and I was happy with the results of this one. 

Facetory Artemisia Sheet Mask: I have come to love this little face mask and it's another beauty steal for the wallet. I get these in large packs off amazon (which makes them retail at about $2 each) and I've been reaching for a lot of Facetory masks in general the last few months in a row. This one is gentle on the skin while delivering acne fighting effects, having a great scent, the serum feels thicker, "milkier"and more luxurious. What's there not to love? 

Azure Hemp & Rose Under Eye Mask: I like these a lot but my favorite from this brand are the 24K retinol version. This one is still very nice, long lasting and oversized on the eyes which makes for a nice masking experience. Got these randomly at $5 per 5-pack from Nordstrom Rack and I need to hop over to see if they are still available. 

June empties/destash 58 YTD 378

IMG_20220709_125701331.jpg

 these were all decent, trying to get through as many as I can before expiration 

IMG_20220709_130028203.jpg

 the blueberry Bliss mousse never worked, meaning it never foamed up like mousse and I'm done trying to force myself to using it.

The Pacifica mask I love, but unfortunately the air pump is not working, so it's getting pitched 

The SC mask is also past the prime

IMG_20220709_124221729~2.jpg

These are mainly items from old subscription boxes that I have not touched in years

IMG_20220709_124228718~2.jpg

 🧡= liked, probably won't repurchase 

IMG_20220709_124258742~2.jpg

💝= LOVE will continue to use or would              definitely repurchase 

IMG_20220709_130021642~2.jpg

❤️= new to me and love 

🖤= Extremely harsh/ no way ever                       repurchasing 

@lmaster seeing some really fun products in that empties pile. great job! 🙂 I've been meaning to try that Tatcha Mini Dewy Skin Mist 0.4 oz/ 12 mL for what feels like ages now.

@QueenMarceline ehhh I mean for someone with dry skin it would be great, but I'm oily and it just didn't do it for me 

@lmaster I lean more towards oily as well especially this time of the year. Noted 🙂

That happened to both Pacifica masks I purchased @lmaster! Such a bummer because like you, I adored the product.

The 🖤 category cracked me up.

@eshoe ughhhh my pineapple one is still doing good,, I wonder why this is happening?? Total bummer and thank you 🤣🖤🖤

Wow, stellar job @lmaster!

Thank you doll ❤️ @CookieGirl1 

@lmaster Great job on empties and destashes! I am all for destashing products that don’t work!

Thank you sweets!! @BluePaisley 😊

1 Reply
testing