cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@Cissy63  Wow awesome job using up so many products!! 

Thank you @ather!

Great job!! @Cissy63 

Thank you @lmaster!

A lot of empties/decluttering of old products that I saved to post.

declutter 1.jpg

Spoiler

Missha Essence- I like it, might repurchase, don't love it
Tatcha The Rice Wash Skin-Softening Cleanser - like it, idk if it's worth the price but might repurchase on sale

LANEIGE Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer 5.0 oz/ 150 mL - really like it, will probably repurchase

Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer - like it but not enough to repurchase

Algenist Triple Algae Eye Renewal Balm Eye Cream - like it, probably will repurchase at some point

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Advanced Retinol + Ferulic Triple Correction Eye Serum 0.5 oz/ 15 mL - like it, will probably repurchase

Sunday Riley Auto Correct Brightening + Depuffing Eye Cream for Dark Circles 0.5 oz/ 15 mL - like it, unsure if I would repurchase

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Super Moisture Conditioner for Dry + Damaged Hair 33.8 oz - like it, I bought the jumbo

Biossance 100% Sugarcane Squalane Oil - great stuff, not enough on it's own for me but absorbs quickly. Will probably repurchase a jumbo once I run out of the one I have

amika The Kure Multi-Task Repair Treatment - pretty good, I have too many masks to consider repurchasing, though.

Dr. Jart mini is more for dry skin.

Briogeo Farewell Frizz™ Rosehip, Argan & Coconut Hair Oil - nice oil, would consider repurchasing

B&BW soap- loved this scent, will pick up again during the holidays

Smashbox Mini Photo Finish Hydrating Primer Water - didn't really get a chance to try this, it was old and smelled funky

belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb it was fine, not my favorite

Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL - it was fine, probably wouldn't repurchase
Pravana hair mask- I think it was ok? I can't remember, so probably not memorable enough.
Unfortunately, my MAC foundation was old. I'd repurchase but I've heard mixed things about the reformulation

declutter 2.jpg

Spoiler
Unfortunately, a few of my foundations. I liked and enjoyed most of these and would consider repurchasing, with the exception of the EX1.
Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer - would repurchase, great coverage but not too drying or thick
Laneige had a little left but smelled funky.
The Tatcha Pearl is a holy grail but is discontinued (thankfully I have backups).
Benefit Cosmetics Brow Pencil Party - it's good, the color is a little deep and I have so many I probably won't repurchase soon
The Amie is a great face wash (and cheap!)- would repurchase
belif Aqua Bomb Hydrating Jelly Cleanser 5.41 oz/ 160 mL - I like it, I wish it took of eye makeup
OPI glitter polish- would repurchase, great topper shade for the holidays

@makeitup305  That’s awesome you have back ups of the tatcha pearl. I can’t believe they discontinued it. But I can see why they might have that little pot literally lasts forever. I wish they would bring it back!

@ather it does last forever. I'm storing my spare in a dark corner so that it's still good by the time I need it.

@makeitup305 Love the Tatcha dewy cream, great job!

@BluePaisley It's really nice!

@makeitup305 great job!!  I would really like to know why tatcha discontinued the pearl!! How long do you use it? I noticed it says it has a 6 month expiration after opening, I've had mine so long,,,, but I hate to throw it out, there's no way I could of used it all in 6 months.

@lmaster A Tatcha CS rep told me that the products they used to make it were getting too hard to source. I bought 2 backups in December. It takes me way longer than 6 months to use it up. Maybe 9 months or close to a year since I need so little and I only use it during the day. I've gone through 3 I think. Towards the end it's less emollient but I've never noticed it smelling funky or acting weird past the 6 month mark. 

@makeitup305 ok that makes me feel better,,, because I'm still using mine 🤣

@lmaster  I’ve had mine over a year and I refuse to toss it since I can’t get more 🤪

@ather that's kinda where I'm at

@makeitup305 Good job finishing the Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Advanced Retinol + Ferulic Triple Correction Eye Serum 0.5 oz/ 15 mL .  I bought a FS a while back and since I only use it on my eyelids, it's been lasting forever (I have a several retinols for different parts of my face, as well as two different retinoids).  Anyhow, IDK if you heard, but apparently they reformulated the product.  I heard on BIC that the smell is off-putting.  I just wanted to give you a heads-up.

Oh no @greeneyedgirl107 I picked up the retinol for the face but haven't opened it yet. Hopefully I can power through

@makeitup305 Let us know how it goes!  It's added fragrance that usually bothers me.  Products that smell "bad" without fragrance aren't much of an issue to me - I tend to get used to them quickly and then don't notice anything.

@greeneyedgirl107 I actually used the Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Advanced Retinol + Ferulic Texture Renewal Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL and while it does have a fragrance it didn’t bother me too much. I’m not sure if it’s the same as the eye serum. It was a spicy cinnamon bark type of scent. I didn’t feel like it lingered. Since it doesn’t have added synthetic fragrance I’m assuming it’s one of the extracts added to the formula. 

@makeitup305 thanks for sharing your experience!

@greeneyedgirl107 no problem! upon first use, I thought my face looked really bright the next day and I didn't have any reaction so fingers crossed it stays that way.

@makeitup305 wow for the laneige lip mask, you almost finished it, good job!! I have the vanilla one and recently I purchased the lip glowy balm in berry. Do you have the lip glowy balms? if yes, do you like them?

3 Replies
testing