cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@lmaster Great work on emptying! I also have a love for Bath and Body Works!

Thank you sweets!! BBW is hard to resist @Mellmars1185 

Love love love the cedar candle!!! @lmaster  that's my favorite TJ's candle. though the peony candle and the peach black tea candle are also good to stock up on when they come about. 

Yes!! @WhereYouStand I was lucky enough to get a few different scents gifted to me, this is a great winter candle

January Empties 

B83CE265-00F2-44FC-A54D-5B31A256AEEF.jpeg

 Loves - Armani foundation, PC cleansing balm HG**, regimen lab level serum… basically almost all are loves.

Nah- fresh mask is nice but not wowed by it.

I love that Armani foundation too, @jen81 💗

@jen81  Loving that almost everything was a love!!! 

Fabulous job!! @jen81 

@jen81 Great work on the empties!

Key:

❤️Red Heart= I've used this product for a long time now. It's one of my tried/trues, I'll continue to buy it.

💛Yellow/Orange Heart= I've used this product for a long time now, I like it enough to continue repurchasing.

💝Ribbon Wrapped Pink Heart= A relatively new product I've been trying but I'm liking it a lot so far.

👩Shrugging Girl Emoji= I haven't used this product enough to formulate a strong opinion about it. (It's "okay")

👍Thumbs Up= I'm liking this this product. Nothing revolutionary, but I like it enough to try it again/maybe repurchase.

👎Thumbs Down= I'm not liking this product and I won't be repurchasing. 

All my Bath/Body/Hair Empties:

IMG-2954.JPG

Notes:

Spoiler
I know many people despise the VO5 conditioner and that I'll get a few eyebrow raises, but it's been one of my "base" conditioners for a while. I rarely ever use this alone by itself on my hair but I love the scent of this and it works with my curly hair that can be frizzy and is a bit on the thinner side very well. I usually layer a bunch of this into my locks, it's more lightweight but it still provides a solid conditioning feel. Then I'll add a much lesser amount of my hair mask or some other conditioner I use. Overall, this is truly a "base conditioner" for me. I use one of these every 1-2 weeks and I love piling on conditioner because my hair truly needs it especially in the winter time. That's also probably why I buy this, it's $0.89 at my local Kroger... for someone who uses as much conditioner as I do, this one is a no brainer and will continue to be my "base conditioner".  

Also, the Suave Milk and Honey is just so silky smooth on the skin and such a bargain. I've tried many high end body washes but I honestly really tend to reach for these on the regular. This scent is great and so delicate yet yummy. Perfect for the winter time. Bonus, it's like $2. I never feel bad making a bubble bath by pouring some of this stuff under the faucet either, a win-win. 

The VICHY Mineral Water ended up in my January favorites this month. I loved the mini so much that I repurchased a 3 pack on amazon right before it ran out. I've been loving this stuff, I keep one in the bathroom and another in my bedroom to spray on my face when I feel a bit dry. 

Home Fragrance:

IMG-2955.JPG

Notes:

Spoiler
The Yankee Candle Christmas Cookie is a long time favorite, I love it especially in the winter time because I'm a sucker for sweet fragrances (year round, tbh). I think it's being discontinued, which is a huge bummer. Might have to restock one of these despite being on a no buy since it's likely leaving us forever. Sigh.

The IKEA tea lights get such constant use in my house. I have so many cute tea light holders and for the ~$3 you pay for a 30 package, you really cannot beat them. They truly burn for up to 4.5-5 hours in my experience, I rarely ever get duds and although the throw of the scent isn't the greatest... it's definitely there and are tea lights ever very strong scented? Overall, the claims on the packaging are true. They come in a vast variety of scents and they are an amazing bargain. I'll probably always have some of these on hand.

Sheet Masks/Bar Soaps/Single Use Samples:

IMG-2957.JPG

Notes:

Spoiler
The winners of this category are: The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Bar Soap, I've been using this forever and I truly never plan to stop. The SKYN Iceland Hydrogel eye masks are lovely, also a long time favorite of mine and the Creme Shop Be Clear, Skin kitty mask is definitely the new mask that caught my attention this month. I already bought a 3-pack of amazon last week and I can't wait to use another one of these. 

I started my empties pile sometime after the New Year and admittedly especially with my eye masks and some sheet masks, I accidentally chucked the packaging in the bin instead of my empties pile just out of pure habit/muscle memory. Due to that, there's a whole bunch of SKYN Iceland Hydrogels missing from my empties pile but I kept enough to showcase that this is my most reached for eye mask. I'll try to do better to document more accurately how much sheet masks I am using in the month of February. 

Wow this is an impressive array of empties, @QueenMarceline

@eshoe Thanks so much 🙂 I'm working on my belated February empties post.

I imagine you have made some progress @QueenMarceline 😂

@eshoe Yes I did 🙂

Nice @QueenMarceline It took me a bit to get used to saving my empties too.  Eventually you won't even think about it anymore.  Love those Skyn eye patches!

@missjeanie Me too 🙂 they're my fave 

@QueenMarceline  Great job!! I rarely save my masks package since they take so much space and get sticky!

@ather Most of the time, I squeeze out the rest of the serum in the package and put it anywhere I can when I am masking. I chucked most of them but when I remembered and made it a point to save them, I would wipe down the package with some of my purell wipes (which oddly always come in handy wherever my beauty/makeup items are). I was worried about the stickiness factor too when I initially wanted to save them but I think wiping down the packaging before putting it in the empties bin really does the trick. 🙂

@QueenMarceline  That’s a good idea. I use to save the serum but I always forgot to use it so I gave up

Great progress!! @QueenMarceline 

@lmaster Thanks so much 🙂

1 Reply
testing