cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Starting off the year with a few:

20220131_171347.jpg

Loved these during the holidays!

20220131_171617.jpg

Would repurchase (or have repurchased)

20220131_171807.jpg

Meh

20220131_171946.jpg

The best: the Em Cosmetics lip cushion in Venetian Rose, the teeny-weeny Rare Beauty blush, and the Philosophy Anti Wrinkle Primer.

Bleh: the Sephora Size Up mascara and the Murad Vitamin C cleanser

@CookieGirl1 Oh man... those candles!  I bet they smelled amazing!

@missjeanie I loved the Cranberry more but they're both favs 🙂

Great job!! @CookieGirl1 

@CookieGirl1 Nice job on the empties! I als have thay Redken hairspray. The Pink Starburst cream looks like it would have smelled good.

@Mellmars1185 I've used the Redken for years because it has a pretty good hold and geez, those big cans last me FOREVER.  The Starburst lotion really did smell good, too 🙂

@CookieGirl1 How did you like the Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Ultra-Hydrating Lip Balm I just got a mini of it at the ULTA BOGO mini sale, hoping I don't regret picking that up. 😂

@QueenMarceline I hadn't ever tried the original but when the brand launched the new fruit scents I purchased 3 of the 4 on a sale.  TBH, I don't really like the formula much.  I LOVED the scents but I found that they just didn't provide the kind of hydration that I needed; I always have really chapped lips and these just sat on top of my lips without feeling like they were actually doing anything for moisture.  However, I don't think that I've heard anyone say that they didn't like them so I'm definitely in the minority.

@CookieGirl1 I'll see how they fair. I think I only have the "original" so I'm not sure if that has any scent or not.

@QueenMarceline I love a banana or watermelon candy scent and so I got those two as well as the mango one.  

Hi

I just finished Essie Apricot cuticle oil, #L'Occitane shea moisture hand cream, #TheOrdinary Niacinamide serum

😷and a box of face masks.

The L'occitane hand creams are so nice this time of year, @ionianblue!

@ionianblue Cuticle oil and hand cream!  Your hands must be happy this month!

Thankful for L'Occitane! 💗

Fantastic job! @ionianblue 

IMG_1881.JPEG

All decent products.

Definite and probable repurchases:

Dr. Brandt Skincare Needles No More™ Wrinkle Smoothing Cream 0.5 oz is a miracle and I'm a bit disappointed I didn't pick up another bottle when it was half off last time. It works fantastically as described; I have very faint wrinkles, but it has smoothed them out quite a bit.

OLEHENRIKSEN Pore-Balance™ Facial Sauna Scrub 3 oz/ 85 g another constant winner. I use it maybe once a week or two and it really does a great job as it claims.

#Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash another winner. Highly recommended for the occasional good scrub. I like to have it in my toolbox.

Good yet unlikely repurchases:

Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Night Concentrate 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Sample that I was pleased with and felt it could be something I may consider for my night cream, but to be honest I doubt it.

CLINIQUE Even Better™ Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Foundation Matches my complexion very well, wears well. It's just too heavy for my taste. And it has sat around, because it is such a great match, but I need to declutter, and I know I'm not going to use it. I prefer light coverage BB creams. I currently use Laneige Dewy and it's not available from Sephora. I got it from YesStyle.

Mizani 25 Miracle Milk Heat Protectant Leave-In Conditioner Absolutely great product!!! That with their protectant and the hair pudding is a great combination for big natural curls. I have moved on to other products for now, I may go back but not anytime soon even though I highly recommend. Great brand!

Meh.

Everything else LOL They aren't available from Sephora so I can't link them. 

@Weetart Love to hear about the Mizani, I've been peeping at a few of their products.  The Philosophy Microdelivery wash is a favourite of mine as well.  

@Weetart ok now I'm going to have to try the Dr Brandt's during the next sale 😆

@Weetart Funny, I just decluttered that same Clinique foundation for the same reasons!  I used to like it a looooong time ago and now I'm not sure why.

Empties / Declutter for the month. A lot of my declutter goes into a giveaway pile for whenever friends or relatives visit (albeit it’s not often) but in this case these were “expired” or dried out. I say “expired” because I don’t think they actually are, they’re in pumps (mostly) and don’t look or smell funky but they all say 2020 and I still have plenty of foundations after decluttering these so it’s probably for the best. 

812CF925-27B9-4442-AA1A-FE7590B2E9FF.jpeg

Thoughts:

• I would honestly repurchase the Healthy Skin (discontinued) and the Flower Beauty foundations. Very nice, with a more dewy, natural finish. I’d probably skip the other foundations although none of them were bad. 
  • I would also repurchase the Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum and the Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One AHA Lactic Acid Treatment but not the Allies of Skin Vitamin C serum. The AoS is good, but it’s an oil so it’s harder to use in the morning since I don’t usually have enough time to let it absorb as much as I would like
  • I wouldn’t repurchase the Claris’s because friggin everything pills over it. Good serum but annoying to use.
  • The Youth To The People Triple Peptide Hydrating + Firming Oasis Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1 oz/ 30 mL is nice but it’s an HA serum, I’m not sure if it’s worth the price for me.
  • The jar your can’t see the label of is the Pacifica Vegan Ceramide Barrier Face cream. I would repurchase and recommend it because it’s nice and thick but absorbs quickly.
  • The Beekman Bakuchiol oil went rancid too fast. I quite liked it but I think I’d pick a travel size if I do repurchase it.
  • Love the Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich™ Body Lotion 8 oz it’s so nice. Would repurchase for sure (though hopefully at a steep discount like I did this tube). 
  • The Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 2 oz/ 60 mL (Jumbo) is a staple and will be repurchased in the near future. Same goes for the Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser (already have backups).
  • The No Poreblem primer is just not for me. My skincare is usually my primer and pores aren’t really an issue for me. This bottle is VERY old.
  • Finally, the CP shadows are just too old and dry now and the only shade still available is Empire, which I might repurchase. I regret saying goodbye to Paradox which is an awesome red.

- Also forgot to take a picture of the Peter Thomas Roth Mini Water Drench ® Hyaluronic Hydrating Moisturizer SPF 45 0.67 oz/ 20 mL that I finished (full size). It was a repurchase and I still like it, though it will make my eyes water if it gets in there at the end of the day. Might repurchase in the future.

Great seeing your empties! @makeitup305 

5 Replies
testing