cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@heartsmyface Just have to say, I am so bummed about The Pearl being seemingly (possibly) discontinued. This is my go to eye concealer and I haven't seen it in stock in months in the Moonlight shade. 😕 And now it's been phased off the Sephora site. 

@QueenMarceline I did a quick internet sweep for it and can only find it in softlight so it’s safe to say it’s discontinued.  
I saw mentioned that IT cosmetics confidence in an eye cream is a dupe but it doesn’t look the same to me.  Maybe on? 

@heartsmyface Dang it, that cream was just 50% off on the 21 days of beauty sale at Ulta. Would have been the perfect time to experiment. Sigh. Still not sure why they discontinued it, everyone I know who owns this absolutely adores it and it seems to be frequently used within the BIC.

@heartsmyface Great job on those empties 🙂

@heartsmyface  Great job on the empties! I saw the gentleman mask in there and it made me smile! Good for you on using more than you are buying! Starting 2022 strong!

@heartsmyface lol... Okay next time I get the urge to try the Frank coffee scrubs I'm going to remember this!  Whenever I empty my French press I wonder if it would be more or less the same thing.  Great job using more than you're buying!  That my friend is goals!

@scott1201 You made me laugh. I have a bag of this waiting to be used. I may just try it but it seems like it is going to be messy! Will it be worth the clean up?!?! 

@missjeanie  Yes, it is exactly the same thing!  Add a little jojoba oil and maybe a splash of vanilla and you’ve got your own scrubby mess!   I have to give them credit for making money off something most people just throw in the green bin.  
You know what, if you do it yourself you can have complete control over the consistency!  You can’t lose-but also don’t swear at me under your breath when you’re cleaning it up;) 

DC7B0D5B-E91F-477F-BD1A-50B15D169EF0.jpeg

@heartsmyface I had a coffee body scrub last year (I think) and really loved the scent in the shower, but it was much more of a body scrub that just had a few grounds thrown in and a whack of fragrance I'm sure.  I hadn't ordered the Frank one because I was under the impression that coffee grounds shouldn't go down the drain.  I have no idea where I got this idea, but I'm going to have to try it out at least once now for science sake.  Time to make a second pot this morning!  Stay tuned for tonight's scrubby mess lol!

@missjeanie   I know I’d enjoy that.  I don’t think they are supposed to go down the drain as a general rule but they really only clog drains that have grease stuck to the sides so more a threat to the kitchen drain.  

@heartsmyface Funny enough I have coffee grounds in a mason jar in my shower right now.  lol.  Made last week and going to use tomorrow when I have cleaning time available lol

@missjeanie Fantastic!  Have you tried them already?  hahah, I’m cringing 

So..... @heartsmyface Messy is right.  lol.  I first tried them just as straight coffee grounds, and while I'm sure I had some exfoliation going on I felt like they needed something to 'hold them together' a bit better.  I ended up concocting some grounds, coarse sugar, regular sugar, and then olive oil.  It was a mess in my shower for sure.  Also... olive oil will make your tub slippery.  I'm not mad that I tried it, and knowing going in that it was gonna be a bit of a mess made me be a lot more careful so that it didn't get toooo messy.  But I think going forward I'll leave the scrubs to the professionals.  Every time I break out a DIY I have fun, but I just know that in the end I'm better off leaving it to the pros.  Now all that said, if you were really, really looking for a way to reuse your grounds, and had a big need for a body scrub, this did work. 

@missjeanie  Ha, i think saving the coffee grounds for the garden  and then just using large grained sugar, salt and jojoba oil with a splash of vanilla would be much nicer.  I’m glad you enjoyed a little creativity and got some good results though! 

@heartsmyface The garden is exactly where they usually end up.  And will be going again lol.  

@heartsmyface Is the pink ball in your first pic the Kiss Matte whitening base you mentioned? The packaging reminds me of a setting powder I have from a k-beauty brand. Also I found it funny how your placement of “no” was like a response to the saying on the scrub 😅

@Guessgal   Omg i didn’t realize!  That’s hilarious!!!  I most certainly do not consent to that again! 🤣

Ha, the ball is Ishizawa Labs Scandal Top Pink Jelly.  It’s a nipple lightener of all things. I bought it not knowing what it was as I do (did cause I’ve been working on my hiragana katakana)  I was attracted to its pink pearlescent orb like shape and the English translation on the box.   It’s actually got good reviews though I cannot give a good one as to its lightening qualities cause I never had dark nipples to begin with.  It’s strawberry scented gel with little pink balls that dissolve when you apply it.  I found it to be firming but maybe that’s due to that, without this product,  I wouldn’t have dedicated extra attention to moisturizing my bust. 

65B96131-A1AF-4F05-B127-6ACE64D816BA.jpeg

Some empties from the last week and a half (ish). Most of these were things I really wanted to finish up or things I know I love but are taking up room in my stash. So, most of these are old loves I have trial sizes of or in the case of the Coach X Sephora eye mask a potential new love (want to re-try before the jury is out on those fully). Loved that candle and it lasted me during the entire holiday season and beyond. 

ps. Not really an empty but I’m switching out my Clarisonic brush (now discontinued), have a couple back ups and the new year means it’s time. 

Pps. The fragrance minis are the KenzoWorld perfume and the Viktor&Rolf BONBON (which I own in a full size). The Kenzo perfume was practically empty and only one spritz came out so I didn’t truly get to sample it but from what I remember from previous uses is that I didn’t like it and it was very lack luster smelling it’s last spritz. 

6F06FAB9-9F85-4115-974B-6C2D5E1389F8.jpeg

Product Favorites

Spoiler
Hey Honey Good Morning Silk Serum (A long time favorite morning serum)
CurlSmith Hydro Creme soothing mask (bought a large size at an ULTA sale because of the sample)
Drunk Elephant Marula Oil (own this in a large size and have many minis)

Product Disappointments: 

Spoiler

Kenzo World perfume (lack-lustre)

Drunk Elephant Jelly Cleanser (it’s not a bad product I prefer other jelly cleansers and all of these empties were super good, but a loser must also be crowned)

@QueenMarceline  Awesome job!

@ather Thank you! 🙂 excited to post at the end of January! 

Nice empties, @QueenMarceline!! 

testing