cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@missjeanie   I know I’d enjoy that.  I don’t think they are supposed to go down the drain as a general rule but they really only clog drains that have grease stuck to the sides so more a threat to the kitchen drain.  

@heartsmyface Funny enough I have coffee grounds in a mason jar in my shower right now.  lol.  Made last week and going to use tomorrow when I have cleaning time available lol

@missjeanie Fantastic!  Have you tried them already?  hahah, I’m cringing 

So..... @heartsmyface Messy is right.  lol.  I first tried them just as straight coffee grounds, and while I'm sure I had some exfoliation going on I felt like they needed something to 'hold them together' a bit better.  I ended up concocting some grounds, coarse sugar, regular sugar, and then olive oil.  It was a mess in my shower for sure.  Also... olive oil will make your tub slippery.  I'm not mad that I tried it, and knowing going in that it was gonna be a bit of a mess made me be a lot more careful so that it didn't get toooo messy.  But I think going forward I'll leave the scrubs to the professionals.  Every time I break out a DIY I have fun, but I just know that in the end I'm better off leaving it to the pros.  Now all that said, if you were really, really looking for a way to reuse your grounds, and had a big need for a body scrub, this did work. 

@missjeanie  Ha, i think saving the coffee grounds for the garden  and then just using large grained sugar, salt and jojoba oil with a splash of vanilla would be much nicer.  I’m glad you enjoyed a little creativity and got some good results though! 

@heartsmyface The garden is exactly where they usually end up.  And will be going again lol.  

@heartsmyface Is the pink ball in your first pic the Kiss Matte whitening base you mentioned? The packaging reminds me of a setting powder I have from a k-beauty brand. Also I found it funny how your placement of “no” was like a response to the saying on the scrub 😅

@Guessgal   Omg i didn’t realize!  That’s hilarious!!!  I most certainly do not consent to that again! 🤣

Ha, the ball is Ishizawa Labs Scandal Top Pink Jelly.  It’s a nipple lightener of all things. I bought it not knowing what it was as I do (did cause I’ve been working on my hiragana katakana)  I was attracted to its pink pearlescent orb like shape and the English translation on the box.   It’s actually got good reviews though I cannot give a good one as to its lightening qualities cause I never had dark nipples to begin with.  It’s strawberry scented gel with little pink balls that dissolve when you apply it.  I found it to be firming but maybe that’s due to that, without this product,  I wouldn’t have dedicated extra attention to moisturizing my bust. 

65B96131-A1AF-4F05-B127-6ACE64D816BA.jpeg

Some empties from the last week and a half (ish). Most of these were things I really wanted to finish up or things I know I love but are taking up room in my stash. So, most of these are old loves I have trial sizes of or in the case of the Coach X Sephora eye mask a potential new love (want to re-try before the jury is out on those fully). Loved that candle and it lasted me during the entire holiday season and beyond. 

ps. Not really an empty but I’m switching out my Clarisonic brush (now discontinued), have a couple back ups and the new year means it’s time. 

Pps. The fragrance minis are the KenzoWorld perfume and the Viktor&Rolf BONBON (which I own in a full size). The Kenzo perfume was practically empty and only one spritz came out so I didn’t truly get to sample it but from what I remember from previous uses is that I didn’t like it and it was very lack luster smelling it’s last spritz. 

6F06FAB9-9F85-4115-974B-6C2D5E1389F8.jpeg

Product Favorites

Spoiler
Hey Honey Good Morning Silk Serum (A long time favorite morning serum)
CurlSmith Hydro Creme soothing mask (bought a large size at an ULTA sale because of the sample)
Drunk Elephant Marula Oil (own this in a large size and have many minis)

Product Disappointments: 

Spoiler

Kenzo World perfume (lack-lustre)

Drunk Elephant Jelly Cleanser (it’s not a bad product I prefer other jelly cleansers and all of these empties were super good, but a loser must also be crowned)

@QueenMarceline  Awesome job!

@ather Thank you! 🙂 excited to post at the end of January! 

Nice empties, @QueenMarceline!! 

@haleyvvvv Thank you 🙂 hoping for even more to join this post soon 🙂

Great job!! @QueenMarceline 

The DE Marula oil is one I love, especially this time of year... can always find a use for a great oil in the winter!  That candle sounds wonderful too @QueenMarceline !

@missjeanie I swear I always have to have that oil on hand. I have so many little minis from kits for travel laying around and for some reason had it in a satchel sample. So I figured I would get rid of that one.

Oooh good to know about the Hey Honey, @QueenMarceline. I have had a sample on my counter that I keep putting off. I need to try it this week!

@eshoe This is probably my 5th of 6th bottle of it. It's my go-to morning serum and honestly it just feels so pleasant on my face for some reason. I reach for it very often.

Now I am very excited to try it, @QueenMarceline - thanks for the recommendation!

Second half of the year empties.

July

Spoiler
JUL.jpgJULM.jpg
This was a great month for empties; I loved or liked most everything I tried. The Bloomeffects Tulip Tint was the odd one out. I never did quite develop a formidable relationship with it, and had to finally toss the remainder after noticing the scent was off. Not long-enough lasting for a lip balm or cheek color.

August

Spoiler
AUG.jpgAUGM.jpg
I was just thinking today how great the OG Herbivore Bakuchiol was. I think I will always miss it. The Shu Uemura Sakura Rose Face Mask is a near dupe for the Fresh Rose Mask, except that it also has alcohol in it. I did not notice a difference despite that extra ingredient, and would repurchase it again in a heart beat. The Armani Cream Nera neocream was ok. I did not feel that it did anything other similar products might do. Loved the Tatcha Rice Wash, I will eventually make my way toward purchasing a FS.

September

Spoiler
SEP.jpgSepM.JPG
Quite a few 'mehs' this month. I was thrilled to try the Augustinus Bader, but found it surprisingly average. I guess that is what expectations tend to do, though! It was not bad, and I did not experience any reactions to it, but it just did not feel special enough to warrant the price. The Summer Fridays CC Me Serum was a pleasant surprise, I did enjoy that and might purchase at some point. Loved the Edible Beauty Sleeping Beauty Purifying Mask, as well as the Topicals Hydrating Mask. The 54 Thrones Butter was interesting. I could see this being a nourishing foot treatment, as the scent (Tansy) was quite strong. The Molton Brown Fiery Pink Pepper (thank you @sprocketta!) is a new love and will be a repurchase.   

October

Spoiler
Oct.jpgOctM.jpg
Lots of loves here! The Kerastase was a repurchase before this tube was finished. The Volition Detoxifying Silt Gelee Mask will be a repeat. I enjoyed the scent of the Fenty Body Butter very much, but it struggled to absorb into my skin, leaving it sticky. The GR Pore-Tight Facial felt like a dupe for the Alpyn 8-Acid Wild Huckleberry Peel. This will be a repurchase, too, as will the Danessa Myricks Vision Cream Cover - a little goes a long way, covered beautifully, and was easy to use.

November

Spoiler
Nov.jpgNovM.jpg
Lots of loves here, again. The Saie Dewy Highlighter that was gratis became a repurchase. I love mixing this with foundation and use it nearly everyday. This one ounce bottle lasted about six months. I am currently using the Valentino V-Lighter and it behaves nearly identical to the Saie. I love the Tom Ford Bitter Peach, it feels like so much more than just another fruity scent. The Guerlain L'Or primer was another "I do not need to fall in love with another $$$ product" product 😄 The Laura Mercier Fig Body Cream was just the right consistency for keeping fall skin hydrated, and the warm, spicy scent was lovely. Thank you @SportyGirly125 for this gem! Also, the Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Blurring has been one of my favorite smoothing primers that I have tried. This will be a repurchase.

December & Totals

Spoiler
Dec.jpgDecM.jpg
More loves! A few of these had already been repurchased prior to finishing, including the Sachajuan, Biossance SPF, Sephora Hemp Mousse Mask, Leahlani Mermaid Mask, Nars Pro Primer, ABH Brow Wiz, Burt's Bees Lip Crayon, and the Benefit Porefessional. The Surratt Dew Drop Foundation is unfortunately amazing and everything I am looking for in a foundation expect it is so pricey. Someday! 

TOTALS

I did not have a goal for empties, except to at a minimum have more than purchases. The sheet mask totals are included in my total empties/purchases, but I did separate them at the bottom just to satisfy my own curiosity.  

Empties CountPurch CountEmpt - Purch Count
JAN61061
FEB70070
MAR65065
APR60060
MAY62062
JUN82082
JUL7477-3
AUG6671-5
SEP73123-50
OCT64125-61
NOV4692-46
DEC5470-16

TOTALS777558219
AVG654718

316 Sheet Masks Empties

307 Sheet Mask Purchases

@eshoe  I think I might have to steal this idea. I love the end of the year look at everything!! And see it in numbers. I love seeing totals! I need to start counting/pictures of all my sheet masks and samples!

testing