cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

It is so good, @Samtian!! I haven't tried the Paula's Choice toner though. I like that, unlike the GR one, it doesn't have any AHAs, and it is gentle enough for everyday use on my dry, sensitive skin.

@haleyvvvv I haven't tried any of her products yet either. 

Sorry, @Samtian, I was incomplete in my thought, I meant I had tried the PC, and they seem to be the fave in this category, so I really like the Pharmacy but with the caveat that I hadn't tried the PC one.

Great job @haleyvvvv! What's the consistency of the L'Oreal ferment pre-essence? Is it more like a toner? Or is it just a lighter essence? This is the first I've heard about "pre-essence" and I'm intrigued...says the girl  trying to reduce the number of steps in her skincare routine. Hahaha!

Thank you, @itsfi!! It's definitely thick and goopy, but in a good way. I think the texture is what is what I like most about it. I don't know why it's called a pre-essence, because it also uses the word serum on the packaging, which would mean its to be used after essences? The branding doesn't make a lot of sense. I liked it as an essence, it's got a thick consistency, which for my dryer skin, helped keep it hydrated to add other products, and its full of fermates. I just tried the Benton essence, which is also thicker and linked that a lot too. Also, in full disclosure I got the L'Oreal as a gratis from Topbox Circle.

That is so interesting @haleyvvvv. The "pre-essence" definitely sounds more like a serum or possibly an ampoule even, depending on how thick it is. Benton makes some fantastic products; their serum has a big following. There's so much really good skincare out there. On the one hand, I loooove that! So nice to have good options. On the other hand, it presents so many distractions when trying to manage and curate my skincare library. 

@haleyvvvv you got through a bunch of products! 🙌

Thank you, @lmaster!! Too many skin care steps+DS sizes=all of the empties.

@haleyvvvv that Benton Snail Bee Essence is soooooo good🥰

Yessss, agreed @eshoe and @haleyvvvv - that essence is amazing! 

@quspork @eshoe I definitely want to try the full size when I've worked through a little more of Mt stash, but its definitely one of the best ones I've tried. 

@haleyvvvv @quspork not sure if you meant to say “Mt stash” or my stash, but I am cracking up! Mount stash sounds about right😂

Mt Stash definitely works @eshoe @haleyvvvv 😂

c398918e9484a9bcff19092dde3157b4

@eshoe 😂😂😂 definitely meant my stash, but Mount Stash is accurate and what it will be henceforth known as. 🤣 

Sounds about perfect @haleyvvvv 😂🤣😂

@quspork I am finishing my Missha now but will be picking up more Benton when my no buy is over🥰 

Empties from the past couple of months on a 0-5 scale:

5s (love these, always repurchase, usually have a backup on hand)

PXL_20210305_213749286.jpg

4s (I like these a lot and will happily use again, there are just others in each category that I prefer)

PXL_20210305_213601250.jpg

3s (Meh. These are ok. I'd use them again as free samples, but wouldn't pay money for them)

PXL_20210305_213236421.jpg

2s (These are all things I did finish, but were total let downs.)

PXL_20210305_213441635.jpg

1s (These were terrible performers for me. There was just something off or something I didn't like about each item.)

PXL_20210305_213327533.jpg

0s (These two broke me out so absolute no-gos)

PXL_20210305_213124449_2.jpg

@quspork  Awesome using everything up!

So satisfying to see those liners down to a little nub @quspork! Impressive! Love that Wander mascara - so good! 💖

Hahaha, just getting my money's worth out of those UD liners, @itsfi 😂

Nothing wrong with getting your money's worth! Well done @quspork; well done!!! 😁

16 Replies