cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Totally agree @haleyvvvv .  I see some people use up full tubes in a month and I can't fathom how.  If I use a full tube it just lasts for like 5 months.  

@missjeanie Holy moly good job!! Wow.

Thanks @Samtian seeing the empties all together feels accomplished. 

Averaging 2 Empties per day is impressive, @missjeanie!

@CookieGirl1 Sheet masks are gonna be key to keeping this up!

Yaaay!! 😃 That’s awesome you met your goals @missjeanie. It must feel so good! 🙌🏼 Great discipline on your part to reach for not-so-exciting sheet mask! You’ll get down to your target number in no time!!

@itsfi  I literally have a suitcase full of sheet masks.  I was moving it into my spare/niece room and finally decided that I needed to keep it open in my bedroom as motivation.  No one should need suitcases to hold masks.  Can't let myself get to this point again lol!!  I'm a bit over the top at times lol

@missjeanie, I probably shouldn't have perked up and thought "ohhh, a suitcase?" That sounds like a good way to hold your sheet masks but agreed, that's not the goal. It's all good; we're all a little extra every now and then! 😁 It just takes time to get through those sheet masks. 

Wow, that's incredible! @missjeanie 

Thanks @sister13 !  I have clearly had wayyyyy too many open things going at once.

Wow! Excellent job!! @missjeanie 

Thanks @lmaster  I'm feeling motivated right now lol... need to use stuff up so I can have room for newness!

My June empties - I continue to work through favorites and open / partially used products that need to be used up. There were quite a few good ones that I was able to finish up this month! 😃

Loves (these have been or will be repurchased, unless they've been discontinued, in which case, I'll just pine away for them until I find a dupe or something I like more 😉) ♥️6.2020 Loves.jpeg

Spoiler

Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil is and has been a tried-and-true first cleanser for me - light but moisturizing, gentle but effective at breaking up my makeup and sunblock.  This is a forever love and a repurchase.

I've gone back and forth with MAC foundations through the years and generally stick to the brand's lighter formulations, like their Face and Body. MAC Studio Tech Foundation surprised me in that it did not clog my pores (unless of course I fell asleep with my makeup on, which is a huuuuge no-no) and the coverage was buildable. I'm between shades in this formula but can make both work and this is now probably my favorite MAC foundation. 

Over the last year, year-and-a-half, I've been using Vitamin C products more consistently. It's paid off, in that my sun spots have lightened significantly. I still have a ways to go, but I've come a long ways too. My most recent vitamin C product was the delightfully creamy Sunday Riley C.E.O. Rapid Flash Brightening Serum. To call it a serum is a bit of a misnomer; it really has more of a cream consistency, though I can see it being used as a serum in the cold, winter months when skin leans more dry. Using this in the spring, I found the more emollient texture to work nicely with the very light moisturizer I was using. It also allowed me to use this as both a vitamin C product and my moisturizer.  

Trader Joe's Peony Blossom Scented Candle - the throw on this is amazing. I love the honey sweet floral scent.

Mine Design Chalkboard Soy Message Ceramic Candle are fun and make fabulous gifts. I love that I can write a message for the recipient on the holder, including to myself when the gift is for me. 

Urang Love Cica x Opuntia Mask - this sheet mask contains 40% centella asiatica, which my skin really responds well to. 

I really like that the hemp sheet mask of this E-Nature iroul:E Yam-Enriched Hemp Sheet Mask is biodegradable. The gel serum that coats the mask feels cooling and nourishing on the skin and has a slightly spicy, maybe like ginger, herbal floral scent that is subtle and disappears very quickly. 

Oh. my. goodness. Two of my favorite loves in one candle - caramel and coffee. Chesapeake Bay Home Scents Caramel Latte will be a regular repurchase. This smells amazing and the scent throw from the candle is fantastic. After getting through the candle earlier in the month, I kept putting my nose into the container just to enjoy the scent. 

JMsolution Active Pink Snail Brightening Mask - ultra thin mask that has that "second skin" feel with an essence containing niacinamide, snail mucin, 3 different forms of hyaluronic acid, vitamin B5, mugwort and calendula. What's not for me to love about this mask?!

LookAtMe Watermelon Face Mask - this. is. amazing.  _quspork has referred to this as a hydrating refresher and that description is so apt. The combination of the deliciously watermelon scented gel serum, the soft, ultra-thin Tencel material that conforms perfectly to the contours of my skin and feels as if I'm not wearing a mask at all, and the hydration and fresh-faced glow this mask gives me easily makes it a forever favorite.  

REN Clean Skincare Perfect Canvas Clean Jelly Oil Cleanser is an amazing 3-in-1 cleanser, transforming from a thick gel to an emollient but not too heavy oil and then to a milk. Does a good job of removing makeup and could be used for both a first and second cleanse.  It does a nice job of removing eye makeup but I need to be gentle with it because there have been occasions when I get that blurry eye result when I'm not gentle enough with it. 

L'Herboflore Pear Nourishing Hydromask - The L'Herboflore hydromask feels like a combination of Tencel, hydrogel and cotton cupra - it's divine. The clear, thin, slightly runny and watery essence has a light, clean scent to it and leaves my skin soft, smooth, nourished and with a nice bounce to it.

peripera Smoothie Time Mask Sheet (Mango - Deep Moisturizing) - thin, cotton sheet mask perfectly coated in a not-too-thin, not-too-thick milky cream serum that has a not-too-overwhelming scent of sweet mangoes. It clings to the face like a warm hug you never want to end and leaves skin feeling lightly moisturized and happily nourished.

If you happen upon The SAEM Natural-Tox Apple Mask Sheet, pick it up. This one leaves a lovely lit from within glow to the complexion that comes nicely through makeup.

Likes (and will very likely repurchase) 6.2020 Likes (+ buy).jpeg

Spoiler

Something about the Troiareuke ACSEN TOC Toner (x3) makes my skin happy. I like that this is gentle on my skin even though it contains glycolic acid and sulfur; might be the centella asiatica and the various plant extracts in it that keeps the formula from irritating my skin. In any event, this is one I plan to pick up once a noticeable dent is made in my stash of toners. 

I love the convenience of the Sephora Cleansing Brush Wipes (x4). They are packed with solution which is helpful to getting a thorough cleaning. 

Farmskin Superfood Salad for Skin (Carrot - Pore Purifying) - these Farmskin Superfood Salad masks are just that - super. The carrot one is nice, though I'm not sure it did much to purify my pores. I'd use this one again, but I wouldn't purchase this particular one. There are many other masks within this line that I think do a better job of living up to its claims.

Up & Up Cotton Swabs Paper Sticks - Precise - I like the pointed cotton swabs; they come in handy when trying to correct eyeliner mistakes and when I can't stay within my nail bed when doing my nails, both of which happen more frequently than I'd like.

Philosophy Pure Grace Nude Rose - love the clean, fresh, delicate rose scent to this one. 

Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask - I typically use this on my nose, chin and jawline. This one works very nicely as a cleanser as well. 

Everyone Hand Sanitizer Spray Coconut + Lemon - this is probably my favorite scent from the Everyone hand sanitizer line. While I prefer the gel version, this sanitizer spray is great for travel. 

I didn't want to like the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence as much as I do, given the price, but it's hard to argue with how my skin looks when I incorproate this into a regular routine.

Fresh Black Tea Firming Corset Cream (x2) - I'm not great with applying a neck cream consistently, but hoping to change that in this last half of the year. I'm currently using the Strivectin cream and plan to keep up with that one, but it's nice to have another neck cream on hand, and this might be that second one.

Dewytree Blooming Face Mask (Vitamin - Glow Boosting) - love the masks from this line, including this vitamin C mask.

Holika Holika Body Cleanser (Avocado) - my skin feels soft and nicely moisturized after using this cleanser; I don't feel any dryness and there's a light, fresh scent to it. This is definitely an avocaDO! 

Sephora Grapefruit Face Mask - part of the new Sephora clean face masks, scheduled to launch July 7. I don't recall there being a grapefruit version of the mask in the current version. I experienced some tingling from this mask, nothing to be alarmed about and I suspect that it's due to the grapefruit extract and citric acid. 

Biobelle #Instant Detox Face Mask is a good mask. It contains two of my favorite skincare ingredients - watermelon and centella asiatica. It's one I wouldn't mind using again and I may even pick up another one if there's good deal, but it's not on the top of my list of watermelon sheet masks. 

My nails have been getting stronger, longer and healthy as I've been paying more attention to taking care of them, which includes Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat whenever I wear polish and the OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener when I'm without polish.

Neutrogena Shampoo Anti-Residue Formula - this is good for cleaning up buildup from shampoo, conditioner and other hair products. I've used this for years and plan to incorporate it into my routine, along with Living Proof's Triple D-Tox Shampoo.

Algenist GENIUS Sleeping Collagen - I love the buttery consistency of this night cream and the bouncy skin it gives me in the morning. I have entirely way too many sleeping masks as it is but when it comes time to introduce another one into my collection, it'll be this one.

Quret Beauty Recipe Banana Mask Sheet (Moisturizing) is a super soft, ultra thin, likely Tencel fiber sheet mask that molded onto my face like second skin, infusing into it the lightweight, thin-though-ever-so-slightly viscous watery essence with a faint banana scent reminescent of yummy banana runts.

Likes (but probably will not repurchase)6.2020 Likes (No buys).jpeg

Spoiler

The Soo'AE Super Butter Intensive Hair Mask is nice hair mask - smells good, leaves my hair silky soft and smooth. I'd happily use this again, but with so many hair masks already, it's not one that I feel I need to pick up.

The longer I've been using sheet masks, the more selective it seems I get about them. There are many, many good ones out there, at various price points. Some just suit me more than others. I liked all of these sheet masks and wouldn't mind using them again. There are masks from within the same lines that I find to be really good and would repurchase but with these particular ones, I’d be happy to use them but I wouldn’t go out looking for them - Innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask (Lime)Mitomo Sincere Grace Wild Yuzu Essence Mask; and the Lovemore Yurong Scattered Amazing White Mask Sheet

I couldn't even tell you how long I've had this beautyblender blendercleanser. It was time to use it up. A little of this goes a long way, which is why it's taken me forever to finish this one. I don't think there's anything special about this cleanser over say, soap.

Olly x Sephora Collection Lustrous Hair (Grapefruit Glam) - the gummies are yummy. 😉 I'm not sure if they're working; could be that 10 gummies are not enough to show any noticeable results. IN any event, they taste good. I'm making an effort to go through my stash and keeping as much as I can to my low-buy / no-buy so I won't be repurchasing this in the near future, but if someone has used these gummies for an extended period of time and have seen results, I am very interested in hearing about your experience with these.

Freeman Peel-Off Gel Mask (Brightening - Green Tea + Orange Blossom) - this tube lasts forever! It has a nice, fresh and floral scent and feels cooling on the skin. I'm generally not a fan of peel off mask, but this one was okay, though I don't plan to repurchase (I have a lot of masks to go through). The scent on this would be lovely as a lotion, shower gel or candle. 

The Creme Shop x Hello Kitty Celebrate Strawberry Rose for Calm Skin Complete Cleansing Towelettes - love the soft fruit-y-floral scent on this one.

The Creme Shop Keroppi Green Tea To Hydrate Skin Complete Cleansing Towelettes - these wipes have a nice clean scent to them.

First Aid Beauty Weightless Liquid Mineral Sunscreen with Zinc Oxide SPF 30 Broad Spectrum - if there weren't so many other mineral sunblocks that I love and like, this one would be a repurchase.

Innisfree Intensive Hydrating Serum with Green Tea Seed  - this is very viscous serum; I think it would work better for me in the cooler months. 

Chesapeake Bay Mind & Body Soy Wax Blend Candle (Balance + Harmony Water Lily Pear) sounded like it would be right up my alley with its particular flower and fruit combo. The scent is nice, I just wish I could pick up more of the pear. 

Both the Clarins Multi-Active Jour SPF 20 (x2) and the Origins GinZing Energy-boosting moisturizer were fine. Neither stood out for me - perhaps it's because I only had foil samples. Both smelled very nice - a light but pleasant scent to both of them.

Nail care has been one of my to do's during the stay-at-home and since I've been home, I used the NCLA So Rich Vitamin E Infused Cuticle Oil more consistently and it's showing. My nails have been less prone to peeling and breaking since I've been treating my nails with more care. This particular cuticle oil worked nicely for me at the time, but I don't think it's a must have.

I really like the scent on this Piste Canadian Rockies Trail Scented Candle; it reminds me of fresh cut Christmas trees, with a little crisp and smokiness to it. Gotta love Christmas in June. 

The Origins Cheeks and Balances Frothy Face Wash was nice and I think it would make a good second cleanse or morning cleanse. I have a pile of those type of cleansers to work through and won’t need to stock up on any more for a while.

(this could also go with the Likes and will likely repurchase) JayJun Roselle Tea Eye Gel Patch - if I didn't have several more jars of these types of eye gel patches, I would probably pick up another one of these JayJun roselle patches.

The Rest ... the maybe, some “meh”s, and a couple of nopes6.2020 The Rest.jpeg

Spoiler

One MAYBE for the month - I have a full bottle of these Moon Juice SuperYou Daily Stress Management, and will try to take them regularly to see what, if any, results I get. 

My "MEH"s - These were fine. I didn't suffer any negative reaction from any of them, but there wasn't anything about them that stood out for me more than other similar products.

NARS Pore & Shine Control Primer

Ulta Beauty Watermelon Cucumber + Mint Super Juice 3-in-1 Smoothie Shower Gel, Bubble Bath & Shampoo

Rodial Dragon's Blood Hyaluronic Tonic

Hello Bello Beauty Goodbye Chapped Lips Nourishing Lip Mask

Berrisom Cocktail Recipe Mask Peach Crush - this smells nice and the results are generally what I expect from any sheet mask - lightly hydrated skin.

The Creme Shop Gudetama Tighter 'N Brighter Sheet Mask - the illustrations on the sheet mask itself is adorable, as is the packaging. Results from the mask are fine, but they're not anything you couldn't get from another sheet mask. My main gripe with the mask is that the two ingredients touted by it, egg whites and lemon oil, are literally the last two ingredients listed, which is to say that the volume of those ingredients in this mask is pretty much null. 

These are NO's:

Maui Moisture Nourish & Moisture + Coconut Milk Weightless Oil Mist For Dry Hair  - this smells wonderful but it did nothing for my hair other than make it feel weighted down. I gave it a few tries before eventually repurposing it as a body oil.

Caress Botanicals Shower Foam (White Orchid & Coconut Milk) - this came in a pack of 2; I planned on giving one to my mom and keeping one. The scent doesn't agree with my dad's allergies so my mom gave it back to me and now I have 2. The scent isn't my favorite either so I'll either give away the unused bottle or find another body wash to mix with this one in hopes of dialing back the scent. 

MTD = 64 / YTD = 442

The MAC Studio Tech is a favourite of mine too @itsfi .  I usually like to keep it in my purse for touch ups.  When I use it as an actual foundation in the morning I find I go through it so fast.  It is harder for me to find the right shade in store so when I see them I tend to pick up a few.  Why, I don't know.... but for some reason stores in airports seem to have more shade ranges lol

They carry MAC in your airport @missjeanie??!!! 😍 Love MAC Studio Tech!!! ♥️ It’s one of a very small handful of base products that I can apply quickly, without too much effort - perfect for those mornings when there’s been too many “5 more minutes”. Hahaha! 😂🤣😂  

Ha!!  My airport has two gates and some vending machines @itsfi .  However I've been in bigger airports where there are standalone MAC stores, and they seem to carry more colour selection.  I've found as pale as NC10 in airports and only as low as 15 in some stores, other stores as low as 20.  Everytime I see a store in an airport I comb through it to see what fun stuff they have.  Also... super smart of them to put them in terminals where people really don't have a lot to do for a few hours lol.  Have you never come across one?

@missjeanie, I’ve never seen a MAC store in an airport or, if I did, I don’t remember, which is a bigger issue - ha! 😆 There’s a Benefit vending machine at the two bigger airports near me. Hmmm... 🤔  looks like I will need to do some recon the next time I’m at the airport; not sure when that will be, but I’m making a mental note. 😊

I couldn't even tell you for sure which airports I've seen them in @itsfi , Tampa, or Orlando maybe?  A Florida one for sure, then I'm almost positive Vegas and Chicago... Maybe Vancouver as well, oh and Toronto.  

I know you travel a lot for work (or used to...) I'm sure now that you know they're out there you'll spot a couple.  Its my favourite way to pass time at the airports! lol. 

Wow! I had no idea! Thanks @missjeanie @Loretta55! 🤗 It’ll be a while I imagine before I do any traveling, but I’m taking notes. 

There is a stand-alone Mac store at Newark Liberty International Airport Terminal C @itsfi @missjeanie . I am not sure if it is currently open.

Oh good to know @Loretta55 !  I wonder if they're located in more international terminals?  

testing