cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Awesome! @Mcakes 

Thanks @ather !

@Mcakes great job!!

@Mcakes great job!!

Re: @Mcakes great job!!

Thank you @lmaster ! It was a relief to be able to officially throw them all away 😄

Up until January of this year I never paid much attention to my makeup, just making sure I looked presentable.  Always having 1 mascara to use that did the job.  Now branching out of the drugstore into other brands has opened my eyes.  Samples are great to try out to get to know the products!  I've got 3 mascaras on the go.  From 1 mascara for my whole life to 3.  And I like all 3.  So wild. 

Great empties, @Mcakes 

@l8totheparty  I personally never buy full-size anymore. I get samples and I buy the Sephora Favorites Lash Stash to Go sets. That way I get to try all the latest and greatest and, more importantly, I can pitch my mascara every three months or less, without having to waste product. That allows me to avoid growing a bacteria farm, which I’m sure I used to do by trying to finish full-size tubes over the course of 6+ months. 🤢

Smart.  I got a lash stash kit and am almost done the first item.  And I bought the eye studio kit (similar) from Shoppers Drug Mart and am working on that as well. @PinkEvergreen From Shoppers Drug MartFrom Shoppers Drug Mart

@l8totheparty  Wow! That is an epic sampler! I had no idea Shoppers sells sets like that. My local Shoppers seems to be committed to selling outdated and overpriced Urban Decay and Benefit products, so I stopped paying attention to them because it annoyed me so much 😏  Maybe it’s time for me to give them another chance. 

I went to one with a Beauty Boutique.   It was lovely inside, very neat and kept up in the store.  I can't find this eye studio online to purchase, but the Shoppers had it! $42.  Sweet deal! @PinkEvergreen 

I love the lash stash kits too @PinkEvergreen. Now to just finish some samples off. I feel like my mascara is multiplying and I want to finish some have some wands to send off.

It's a rabbit hole for sure @l8totheparty 😄 It is so much fun to play around with all the amazing beauty products out there, mascaras are so personal too. You know pretty much right away if it will work for you or not. 

Re: Empties - V2

February Empties! Wohooo... I accomplished my goal of 2 empties a day (averaged) and double masking every day.  I was kinda hoping that I could do a sheet mask every day as well, but somedays a wash off was all that was going to work.  I'm still pretty pumped at how I'm working away at some of my less exciting sheet masks. 

February Empties were 59 total bringing my YTD to 132.

6BBBA656-5CB3-45E9-A745-CA1DEDBDB953.jpeg

Spoiler
I'm giving myself a few empties goals each month in lieu of panning this year.  One is to have two a day on average.  I'm doing well with this one so far, and it's mostly dependant on my keeping up with sheet masks... something I can be hot and cold with.  March's theme will be The Creme Shop for this.  One of my other empties goals is to have a make up bag of 'questionable products' things I just don't use anymore or things that may be way too old.  I'm trying to go through the bag a bit each month and test out things.  So far I've decluttered a few items, found a few things that I want to keep in my collection and then found a few things that I want to use up ASAP just to get em done.
Loves
A32381B4-8A82-4141-A9F0-E9EB4181885B.jpeg

Spoiler
Loves: The CT legendary lashes was a fabulous deluxe sample and I will order another once I work through some more mini's.  I'm someone who prefers a bit of a dryer mascara and I've finally come to the conclusion that I really never need a full size mascara.  Mini's work great for me, and can last 2-3 months, especially when I'm not wearing make up daily anymore.  The Philosophy Cinnamon Chai body cream is amazing.  I've used a few of their body creams in the past and I like them, this one though... Dang I wanted to keep the tub just to keep smelling it.  I do this with their body washes as well as I just enjoy alternating the different scents.  If I ever saw them release anything in this scent again, I'd buy by the caseload. The Ulta brow tint in light was perfect.  I could do everything for my brows with one product.  I unfortunately have no access to Ulta right now.  😞 I assure you that once I do... I'll be buying backups.  The glossier and Milk that I'm using now are great, but the price point and shade of the Ulta is bang on for me. The Pixi Magic Tint was a PH adjusting balm type product that was fine.  I had this in my maybe bag to test out and ended up using it as a daily balm while I worked from home to finish it up.  I'm not so into this that I'll buy another (I have enough lip products to not need repeats), but I wasn't mad at it.  Glad to have finished it up and enjoyed the particular tint it gave me, it was easy to use with no mirror required and the fact that it had tinker bell on it was a big bonus.  The Laga prickly pear gloss was a mini from an Ipsy bag, it was bright pink in the tube but pretty sheer when put on.  This was another product from my maybe bag and I enjoyed using it up as my daily balm.  I wouldn't be upset to have more of this, but have a lot to work though before I get to that point. 
Enjoyed these
159DE311-F72F-42E8-8AE2-DAAA5418A97C.jpeg

Spoiler
The hair mask was a dollar from Walmart on clearance a year or two ago, it was a solid mask.  Totally blew my expectations out the water.  I have several more that I'll use up, and if I happened upon them again for clearance prices, sure, I'd buy again, but I do prefer to have hair masks in a more bulk format since I do use them so frequently.  The Pumpkin body butter from Sephora was nice.  I enjoyed the light scent and I'd use them again.  I may have another one or two and I'm glad.  The product moisturized nicely and I enjoy a scented body product, it gives me a few minutes to spend on myself and enjoy the experience. The Tony Moly Banana Sleeping mask is in this catagory of making me smile with the scent.  It's a delight.  It's a nice bit of extra moisture, but it's not the most moisturizing one I own.  The scent really is what makes it for me.  I did find that it kept going and going... so much more product in here than you think!  I had mine tipped upside down in a napkin ring to get the last bits out lol. Lancome body lotion was also super nice.  Had a luxurious feel to it, though the scent wasn't my favourite.  I can only describe it as a nice older lady scent lol.  I swear its not as bad as I just made it sound. 

Just OK
9394BC42-F86B-4416-A1F1-4F78356956F5.jpeg

Spoiler
These were all fine.  I'd use them again, but I'm not rushing to buy.  The LP pre shampoo mask... ummmm... don't think this did anything. The SDJ body cream just isn't my favourite scent.  Same goes for the Philosophy body wash and the BBW hand soap.  I do have to say... I wash my hands so much lately that I did like looking at the pretty blue shimmer in the soap though.  The FAB cream was fine, but for a face moisturizer, I'd skip the grapefruit scent. 

Declutter
BE15DD77-412B-4DFD-9421-A2D72D614D65.jpeg

Spoiler
The Sparkly gem topped jar... ya, no idea what was in it.  Twas all dried up.  The Philosophy lip glosses were still smelling okay, but they just didn't have a nice feel to them on, and were from quite a few Christmas's ago.  The elf double ended liquid lip... I have a few high end versions of this that are just way nicer and not 5 years old. The NYX liquid lip... I just don't wear liquid lips enough to keep one that I don't love the colour or formula of. The Body Shop lotion smelled off.  
Masks. We’re all ok. Glad to have whittled down the collection a bit. 
A12D7B77-3D7C-4B56-9285-6C4F9784A736.jpeg

You are a masking queen @missjeanie! I hate to admit I only used 2 in February and 1 so far in March.

@ShortErica I'm so sporadic in my masking sessions.  I'll go a month without doing one and do them daily.  So far in March I've done one a day, and have a few two a day sheet masks!  I realized that after this month I'll still have 100 masks from The Creme Shop alone.  Just from one brand!!!  I need to get masking waaaay more lol

Wow @missjeanie! I'm still hovering around 150 since I haven't been masking. I really should try to get down to double-digits. Motivation!

Finish off March as a March Masking Challenge @ShortErica ?  See if you can pop one on every other day in March?

@missjeanie I am in awe of your sheet mask usage progress! Great job! 

Great empties, @missjeanie!! Well done on meeting the number goal!! Totally agree with you about mini mascaras, I feel like if I bought a mini set from Sephora each year, I'd be set. 

Totally agree @haleyvvvv .  I see some people use up full tubes in a month and I can't fathom how.  If I use a full tube it just lasts for like 5 months.  

@missjeanie Holy moly good job!! Wow.

Thanks @Samtian seeing the empties all together feels accomplished. 

18 Replies
testing