cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Ah @CookieGirl1 I see.  Cool concept, but good to hear a review.  I would have given it a try but I need moisturizing shampoo and conditioner for the most part as well.  Thanks for letting us know!

Great empties, @CookieGirl1!! 

Thanks, @haleyvvvv!

I was hoping to clear out some beauty products this year by using them up, donating or gifting unopen items and decluttering things I don't reach for consistently, have past their prime or that just don't work for me. Then I was motivated by @heartsmyface's lipstick declutter post below to fast track my lippie declutter (thank you, hearts!) It was hard to part with a couple of these, but it had to be done. 

Lippie Declutter 1.2021.jpg

The second to last row consists of 39 unopen mini lippies that I plan to donate to a local non-profit that provides support for individuals entering the job market. These were part of a larger 60-piece set; I've used the other 21 lippies a few times and my plan with those are to see which ones, if any, I use from now until the end of June. I'll keep whatever I've used more than twice and everything else will get decluttered. 

Oh wow @itsfi. My Grandma sold Mary Kay and those minis (even the Avon ones) brought back such good memories! I think that was when ‘Color Me Beautiful’ or something of the like was big? I was mesmerized watching her. My Mom sold Avon, too. I guess at a young age, witnessing all of the camaraderie surrounding beauty made quite an impact.

What a great idea for your extras, too. I am certain they will be well loved and appreciated ☺️

Eeeekkk!!! @itsfi all those lippies!! For a good cause though!! Good job 🙌

I knoooow @lmaster! Eeeek is right!! Heart-wrenching. 😬 But I probably shouldn’t have had so many unopen ones in my bin in the first place. 😔 I haven’t reached for them for a while (ugh!) and it’s not likely I would anytime soon, so I thought they should go to a new home. 🏡 

I completely understand @itsfi 

@itsfi why is. So hard to declutter lippies? 🥲 I had to do a big purge a few months ago. Glad your getting to donate some! I’m finding out less is more in terms of lippies as I’m not using them as much due to mask wearing. 

IKR, @jen81?! 😃 Lippies have always been the most challenging declutter for me. But, it’s done and I’m hoping to keep to a more manageable lot going forward. Agree with you about less being more. I tend to wear more tinted lip balms nowadays to keep my lips moisturized and working on shopping my stash. 

Oh wow, great lippie declutter, @itsfi!! So great you're able to donate a bunch of these!! 

Thank you @haleyvvvv! Lippies are probably the largest category of makeup for me to declutter so the rest should be easier (hopefully) to do. It’ll be good to donate the unopened lipsticks. I think I’ll go through my unused samples to see if there are any lipstick sample packets to donate as well.

Wow, @itsfi, great job of going through your collection and that's so sweet of you to donate a lot of them!  Major kudos, girl.

Thank you @CookieGirl1! It feels good to declutter these lippies, some I’ve held onto for far too long. 😔 I’m happy that the unopened mini’s will be going to a good home. 😊 

@itsfi I saw the declutter from @heartsmyface as well and wow.  You're both doing amazing!  I want to draw inspiration... but... I'm not there mentally yet lol.  I was going to ask if you sold AVON.  Those little lippies so remind me of my mom selling it when I was little lol. 

@missjeanie, no, I don’t sell Avon but those lippies ARE Avon lipsticks! 💄 Good eye! Avon had a set a couple of years ago in the cutest holiday tin. When I was young, my mom had a friend who sold Avon and every once in a while my mom would get some of those little lippies to try before purchasing, which meant little Fi would find a way to get her little hands on one of them to play makeup with. Heehee! So I picked up a set for my mom and I may have picked one up for myself as well. 😃 Lots of memories seeing those mini lippies. 

Yeah, it definitely helps with decluttering to be ready mentally for parting with things. I think working through so many of my sheet masks over the last 18 months and going  through my foil samples and partially used products over the last 2 years helped a lot. There were some that I hemmed and hawed at parting with, that’s for sure. I also put all the decluttered lippies (other than the Avon ones) in the trash that night, which was the night before trash pick up so that there’s no way for me to take back another one (or all of them) back in my drawer. 😂 

Such awesome memories @itsfi !  I wonder if AVON is where my love of mini things started? lol

@missjeanie, hahaha! 😆 The mini’s are pretty cute! 💄 My poor mom! She’d hide away certain things, in places she didn’t think I’d be able to get to or places that she didn’t think I’d ever be interested in going through. 🤣 But I always somehow found my way to some of her stuff. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Belated May empties (ooof apologies for the terrible back-lit photos, was not thinking when I took them)

These two masks were great and aren't available anymore booo.These two masks were great and aren't available anymore booo.

20200612_111930~2.jpg

20200612_112016~2.jpg

20200615_194908~2.jpg

20200612_112059~2.jpg

Keep an eye out at Winner/TJMaxx/Marshalls for those Dr. Jart Masks @haleyvvvv .  I've seen them there before everything closed down, and would imagine they'll still be in some stores. Love all those SDJ products... I can smell them when I see the photos!

That's a good idea, @missjeanie!! My local Winners isn't the most well stocked with skincare but I'll check it out. Thank you!! Also, yes, same whenever I see people post SDJ things, I'm always like yum that scent!!

testing