cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@eshoe, I apply it first to the length of my hair, working the product through to condition and if necessary, detangle my hair, avoiding the crown and ends so as to not weigh my hair down. Then I use what is left on my hands of the product and work it through the ends. 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, @itsfi. I’ve been concentrating on my ends, but I am going to give your method a try:)

Hopefully it worked out for you @eshoe.

You did an amazing job!!! @itsfi 

Thank you @lmaster🤗 It was eye opening how many foils and partially used full size products I had. Definitely don't want to do that again. I should have far less empties this year. 😁 The vast majority of my full size items are skincare and bath & body products, so I'm hopeful that I will be able to use or be able to find good homes (i.e, shelters, non-profits, family, friends, coworkers, etc.) for them.

2020 SUMMARY
Full-size and deluxe / travel size products I went into 2020 with an embarrassing number of partially used full-size and deluxe / travel size products that I had neglected and wanted to use up (thankfully, most were 1/2 to 1/3 full, but I had a handful that were 3/4+ full), and a lot of foil samples that I wanted to clear out. I am very happy with the results - with the exception of 5 products that I'm still working my way through (e.g., shampoo, conditioner, sleeping mask, exfoliating toner, and an eyeshadow palette I forgot about) and a handful of lipsticks that will likely be de-stashed sometime this year if I can't make them work for me, I've gone through all of my partially used full size products. Yes!!! I have about 40+ unopen deluxe / travel size items, approximately a dozen of which are new to me, which I plan to go through this year. The others are tried-and-true products that I keep in my gym bag or for travel. Given the prospects of those two things opening up for me, I may end up just working my way through these items this year as well. 

Foils- I am down to about 24 foils of products I've never used before, but am interested in trying. My goal with these is to try to finish everything by the end of the first quarter, if not by the end of this month. I also have a handful of foils of products that I consider staples that I've kept for travel. Similar to my deluxe / travel sizes, I may end up using these items this year given the prospects of travel in 2021 is highly unlikely. 

2020 YEAR-TO-DATE TOTALS / BREAKDOWN:
Spoiler
 YTD
Skincare704*
Makeup58
Hair Care63
Bath & Body61
Nails23
Wellness21
Fragrance38
Home (Candles, Diffusers, Etc.)39
Other43
                                  2020 TOTAL:1,050
* of which 368 were sheet masks

YTD
Full Size694*
Deluxe / Travel / Mini Size169
Foils187
                          2020 TOTAL:1,050

DE-STASH (7 total items de-stashed or tossed out before using up; these were not included in my total count):

Full Size6
Deluxe1

Makeup 4
Skincare2
Nail Care1
  • Burt's Bees Flavor Crystals Lip Balm (Tropical Pineapple)- When I think balms, I think something that will help soften and moisturize my lips. This felt hard against my lips and took too much effort to get it even the slightest of product from the tube onto my lips.  DE-STASHED 2.2020
  • Tarte SEA Surfer Curl Volumizing Mascara- This has a drier formulation and I initially really liked it, but after a few uses, it started to flake and smudge, and clump my lashes together.  DE-STASHED 2.2020
  • Deborah Lippman Naked  - Sadly, the bottle ended up crushed. DE-STASHED 8.1.2020 
  • Fenty Full Frontal Mascara - This smudges a lot. DE-STASHED 8.2020
  • Sephora Concealer (x2) - It's aimed at helping to combat and conceal acne, but just gave me more to have to conceal. Sigh.  DE-STASHED 8.2020
  • Ulta Winter Vanilla Lip Balm - I rarely if ever destash lip balms. This may be the first one and I did so because it was just too difficult to pick up any product and when I could, it wasn't very moisturizing. DE-STASHED 12.2020

@itsfi  I love how you recorded it all!..... but holy crap, 1,050!!! 😳 That's awesome! 😃🙌

“Holy crap” is right @Shosh85! 🤪 I’m not proud that I had so many products to get through, especially as the vast majority of the empties were not new 2020 purchases. 😔 

It was helpful to see what I use a lot of. 👍🏼 The numbers are probably a little off with respect to the sheet mask count - I count the multi-day packs as 1, and not based on the actual number of sheet masks in the pack. Will be interesting to see how it compares to what I go through this year. 🤔 I’m expecting fewer total foils. Much less full size products as well considering that with the exception of a handful of products, all my full size items I use this year will be ones that have not otherwise been open or partially used. I may have more makeup empties as I’m trying to be good about using up what I have. 

November empties: 33 YTD: 682

IMG_20201205_200059152.jpg

IMG_20201206_210513983_BURST000_COVER.jpg

IMG_20201206_210534091.jpg

IMG_20201206_210539614_BURST000_COVER.jpg

  ⬆️ Loves

IMG_20201206_210816936.jpg

⬆️Likes

IMG_20201206_210903780.jpg

⬆️ not for me

@lmaster  Great job using up products!!! Voluspa candles are the best!

@ather thank you!! They sure are wonderful!!

Lots of sheet masks @lmaster! Ohhh, those Voluspa candles!!! I'll be interested to know which of the 4 in that set is your favorite, or how you would rank them.

@itsfi oh my gosh these two are definitely both excellent!! They would be equally wonderful

I spy a pedi pebble @lmaster 😍😍😍😍

@sonnydee yes!! It is amazing

The sea salt is great too. I hope they come out with more @lmaster 

@sonnydee I bought both after you posted and gave one to @lmaster and the other to @quspork. They both got the raspberrry one and then I have one of each at home to try.

I'm sure you'll love both @SportyGirly125 

@sonnydee @lmaster is that the pedi pebble I got you?

Why yes it is!! @SportyGirly125 love it!! 💋💋💋

I had a feeling we'd be seeing that SC Vitamin #E mask pretty low in there @lmaster . Super nice that you had so many loves though! Cinnamon Spiced Brûlée sounds like a perfect candle right now!

testing