cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Thanks @itsfi @heartsmyface 

@naturalooks15  Awesome progress decluttering your stash!  

Impressive!!! @naturalooks15 

Thanks. This was 6-7 months worth and taken in Oct. Need to check if I saved empties after Oct. It makes me so happy to see depleting stash. 

Some great looking empties, @naturalooks15. I love the DE b-hydra!

RE: Re: Empties - V2

Thanks @quspork yeah. Though I am trying to finish up million little samples of couple of other things I got (bought 5 play boxes lCaudalie Radiance and Dr Denise Gross eye serum bottles ). So haven’t bought a replacement of B-Hydra. My goal is to finish those and anything else in this category or similar (hydration/ serum) by April. Only then I get to buy new stuff in April during Spring sale 😀 PS: browser forces me to post via app and app is acting weired when I try to edit any text. Sorry for any typos

I thought I had posted my October empties already. Oops. Here's what happened last month:

LOVES

Loves (New)Loves (New)

Spoiler
At first I thought the Kosas Concealer 3.5 Fair-Light Neutral might be too light but it did a great job of evening out my skin tone from some post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation I've been dealing with. 

Horse Power Nail Fertilizer by butter London is one of those products you realize works as well as it does when you stop using it. I plan to pick up another one after I've finished up a similar product from another brand. 

Kosas Tinted Face Oil is great for imparting some color to my complexion while moisturizing my skin at the same time. The formula is very runny but the results are great for those days when you just want to even out the skin's tone and add just a little bit of color and a healthy glow.

Trader Joe's Strawberry Lemon Ultra Moisturizing Hand Cream keeps my hands moisturized without feeling greasy, and smells wonderful.

Voluspa Spiced Pumpkin Latte Candle smells so good. The jar is beautiful as well 

It always makes me happy when I discover new sheet masks that work well for my skin. October introduced me to quite a few great ones, including Merbliss Intense Hydration Wedding Dress Maskavatara Light Up Face MaskThe Orchid Skin Hyaluronic Acid Mask Sheetand Inna Organic Lemon-scented Tea Tree Mattifying Facial Mask, and Urban Dollkiss Baviphat Secret Recipe Juicy Mask Sheet - Pomegranate

Loves (Old)Loves (Old)

Spoiler
Both the Naruko Raw Job's Tears Supercritical CO2 Pore Minimizing & Brightening Mask and CrediThink Snail Honey Jelly Face Mask Sheet are masks that my skin loves and ones I consider staples for my library of masks. 

I tend to run cold, especially my hands so these HotHands Hand Warmers (x2) sure come in handy. 

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (x4) - Vanilla Light 2 and Cafe Con Leche Light 2.6, Custard Medium 1, Ginger Medium 2 was a go-to concealer for me a couple of years back. I have another go to, but the NARS remains one I like to use and when they come in these foils, I like to mix certain shades to get a better match.

Heimish All Clean Balm makes a nice first cleanser. I like that the spatula included fits snugly inside the inside of the lid. Makes it handy for travel, too.

Guerlain Abeille Royale Youth Watery Oil was something I didn't want to like, let alone love. Sometimes we don't get what we want. lol. This is a beautiful oil. 

I wish I didn't need these Peace Out Acne Dots (x4) as often as I do. Yes, I went through 4 packets; there was a rough spell in October where I was treating some maskne as well as a breakout from a product that did not agree with my skin at all. These always work wonders overnight. Expensive but effective and worth it. 

Moschino So Real Cheap and Chic Eau de Toilette Roller Ball is one of my favorite scents from Moschino. Unfortunately, it's been discontinued. Fortunately for me, I have backups to last me for some time. 😉 

Armani Beauty Power Fabric Concealer
is my current favorite concealer; a repeated repurchase.

Aquafina FlavorSplash Hydrating Lip Oil was the first lip oil I've ever used, years before the ones from Clarins, Dior and Hourglass became popular. If I could find these again, I'd definitely repurchase. 

Shiseido Facial Cottons are the gold standard when it comes to facial cottons. Even though I've moved to using reusable rounds, I plan to keep a pack of these around for those times during the year when my allergies act up and these are the least irritating to my eyes.

October Likes.jpg

Spoiler
L'Occitane Shea Butter Extra Gentle Soap Milk
Dr. Dennis Gross DRx Dark Spot Sun Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50
Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturizer
Paula's Choice Power Berry Serum
Innisfree Quick Tone-Up Mask | Pink
Paula's Choice Hydrating Gel-to-Cream Cleanser
Dear Packer Egg Ceramide 2 Sheets in 1 
ChapStick Moisturizer Hydration Lock
Missha Misa Cho Gong Jin Oil
Missha Misa Cho Gong Jin Youngan First Oil 
Sephora Collection Coconut Water Cleansing Wipe
Sephora Collection Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
The Creme Shop Watermelon Kombucha Fusion Sheet Mask
Clear Skin Days by Sephora Collection Clear Up Patches (x4)
Ellis Brooklyn Fawn
Ellis Brooklyn Fable
IGK Mistress Hydrating Hair Balm
NARS Lip Oil (Laguna)
The Creme Shop Corrector Solutions Color-Correcting Sheet Mask (Pink)

MAYBE

MaybeMaybe

Spoiler
These were fine, there are just other similar products I like more.
BCL Saborino Morning Mask Pack 
Tory Burch Love Relentlessly 
Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner
It's Skin Cookie & Body Ice Cream (Mint)
Biore Nose Strip - Citrus (x2)
Julep Cushion Complexion 5-in-1 Skin Perfector with Turmeric

MEH & NO

Mehs + NOMehs + NO

Spoiler
Meh's
A'Pieu Honey & Milk Lip Scrub
Primark PS Sleeping Beauty Overnight Nail Mask

NO
StackedSkincare Hydrating Lip Peel

MTD (October): 70

YTD: 862

@itsfi  Oh my gosh that Trader Joes hand cream is the best!  Thanks for that;) what scent is that one? Plain strawberry or strawberry something?  

@heartsmyface, it's strawberry lemon; probably my favorite of all the TJ's hand cream that I've tried so far. 🍓🍋🍓🍋

The Skinfood Cookie and Body looked promising @itsfi, but I’m guessing it’s not as good as the ice cream variety☺️

@eshoe, it’s actually not bad. I just have a lot of body lotion and creams. Also, this particular one seemed a little off compared to the other flavors; not sure if the container I had was just getting past its prime or if this version didn’t suit me. I do like the original flavor of this It’s Skin cream though. The packaging and concept are also really fun. I don’t think I’ve had mint choco chip ice cream for decades, but I’m pretty sure the actual ice cream 🍨 would win; may need to have some mint chocolate chip ice cream to find out. 

Try a bit again for research, @itsfi?

4B633B9F-1503-4F86-9905-D33EA1A65F24.gif

@itsfi an overnight nail mask?  Sounds gimmicky.

@CookieGirl1 @itsfi   I love thé Londontown Kur overnight mask.  And you’re right, nail masks are better for coating dried out nails to help them stay moist while they grow out to prevent peeling.  

@CookieGirl1, it’s not a must have for me. In the beginning it did help to get me back on track with caring for my nails but I prefer oils for cuticle care. 

@itsfi  Kosas face oil is my go to right now since my skin has been dry and flaky! You love the Armani concealer how does it compare to the kosas concealer? I’ve been eyeing it lately!! I love you know what hand warmers are!!! I love to stick them in my mittens if I’m outside too long when it’s really cold! Although I get very angry if it won’t heat up I’ve had some duds before! They come in handy tho!! 🤣

@ather, isn’t the Kosas oil wonderful? My skin loves it! ♥️ The Kosas concealer is thicker in consistency than the Armani. That said, the Kosas samples I used did an excellent job of covering up the more temperamental blemishes; I didn’t have any issues with its blendability either. I have FS of both concealers but right now, but my BB cream seems to be doing its thing and that’s what I’ve been reaching for recently. 

Good job!! @itsfi getting through lip products is tough with so many options 😉

@lmaster, thanks, lovely! 🤗 Yes, I so agree about the lippies! 😆 It feels like there's a never ending amount of options in that beauty category. 😉😂 I've kept a box with about a dozen lip products that are 75% used up and I've been picking 1-2 items to keep in rotation every month. It's the only way that I've been able to make any progress on them. I seem to get through the tinted lip balms and lip oils a little faster in the cooler months so hopefully that'll balance out all the times I've been distracted by other "options" - hahaha!

So...... I haven't been good at posting my empties this year (I feel like everything kind of fell off once April hit).  But, I have been keeping track on my phone.  I can't remember my original goal, but I know it was to use up more than I brought in and probably to finish around 730 empties.  At least that's my goal now lol

I'm currently at 458 empties, 101 of which are from September.  I stopped keeping track of what came in, but without TJ Maxx and Winners in my life I know it's been low.  I've had entire months where I haven't bought a thing. I'd estimate its around 150 including samples. 

September Empties (I challenged myself to a Sample September to use up a bunch of foils)

So frustrating about BIC not cooperating with photos @missjeanie. I haven't been on top of posting empties but at least have my pics. Just posted August and still have September to add. And what, October is almost over! You seem to be getting through quick a lot though. Awesome job!

testing