cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Thanks @CookieGirl1 It was a big push and now I've gone super lax in October lol

1F97EE9B-C242-428B-9E34-3386194F3835.jpeg

Loves: Briogeo honey mask, Volition luminizing SPF, Trader Joe’s body butter.

Likes: Alterna shampoo & conditioner, Amika shampoo & conditioner, Briogeo volumizing shampoo, Charlotte Tilbury concealer.

Nopes: Pureology volumizing shampoo, Charlotte Tilbury eye cream.

Destash: Farmacy very cherry serum.

@faeriegirl  Great job! The Amika were likes for me as well and I'm definitely loving the honey bear! 

I love the briogeo volumizing shampoo! Smells so good. @faeriegirl 

@faeriegirl destash!!! Farmacy?? 😣 I'm so sad to see that,,, its my favorite,,, great empties, nonetheless 😊

@lmaster  That serum is normally great but I had swapped for it on a subscription box site and it smelled really bad so I couldn’t use it.

Oh that's definitely a no go!! @faeriegirl 

Love the honey bear @faeriegirl and nice updated profile pic too!

@ShortErica I thought the same think about @faeriegirl 's new profile picture 🙂  Once I use down some of my other hair masks I will definitely have to pick the honeybear up.

Have you tried a lot of hair masks @l8totheparty? Any standouts and any duds?

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Best-Hair-Ever/Top-3-hair-masks/m-p/4861941

I recommend perusing this thread for top hair masks, @ShortErica 

Thanks @l8totheparty!

Thanks @ShortErica

Loves- repeated repurchases (I am so sad that Goodal has discontinued the Waterest Oil!)

PXL_20201022_214740027.jpg

Likes- These are all fine, and I'd probably use them again but I'm not running out to re-purchase. 

PXL_20201022_214619487.jpg

Not For Me- I used them, they didn't cause major issues, but they just didn't work well for my skin and hair. 

PXL_20201022_214426121.jpg

Destash- Honestly, these were so bad, I couldn't finish them. Did not work for me at all. 

PXL_20201022_214336896.jpg

@quspork  Nice job! I'm lovin' that CosRx sleeping mask too! 🍯😃

@quspork the cosrx honey mask is out of this world!!! I need to remember to have it in one of my favorites for the month!! 

It really is a great sleeping mask, @lmaster! I'm glad to hear you're liking it too. 

F732ECCB-19D3-4863-B1C1-9D3C2CF9D930.jpeg

C2F67881-549F-4F61-8BFE-12C37001AB9B.jpeg

2E8D9044-7910-4673-A6B3-D460490E2D2E.jpeg

@jen81 awesome empties!!

August 2020

Empties-2020.08.PNG

Spoiler
I've been trying to get rid of/use my hair samples and this continued into August from last month

2nd of 2 DevaCurl No-Poo® Decadence Zero Lather Ultra Moisturizing Milk Cleanser 32 oz/ 946 mL - it was fine. I forget what I said about the 1st packet. Didn't make my hair feel bad but didn't make it look awesome either

DevaCurl SUPERCREAM™ Coconut Curl Styler 5.1 oz/ 151 mL - this was one of the Deva styling products that worked for me. It was the best for making large ringlets on my waves/curls but they would stretch out throughout the day. My strictly DevaCurl year (Oct 2018 start) meant I found some decent products but also duds. And Deva is no magic cure to my curls becoming waves..I think that is more age, hormones, hair change and I've been exploring other brands.

DevaCurl STYLING CREAM Touchable Curl Definer 5.1 oz/ 151 mL - I got a few uses out of the sample. It was fine but the coconut curl styler worked better for my hair. Glad to have another sample used

Glow Recipe Banana Soufflé Moisture Cream - I received this in gratis. It would not a product I seek out for myself because I try to limit fragrance in my skincare. It had an artificial banana scent that doesn't stay while wearing. I enjoyed the gel-cream consistency and that was probably my favorite part of the product. It applied very nicely. I was not a fan of the container and it was harder to get in toward the end. I also had that fear of dropping it and breaking the glass but luckily that never happened. The experience didn't change my original conclusion that I wouldn't buy it but was glad to have received in in gratis - always fun to try new things!

CosRX Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence - I like having some type of simple but plumping type serum in my routine and the consistency of this fit that bill, more gel than watery. I lean toward HA but this was a good change of pace. When using I applied 4 pumps (forehead, both cheeks, neck) on damp skin and it would glide around easily. I found it could be stringy and more apparent it's snail if applied on dry skin. I got 144 uses out of the bottle or ~15 cents per use full price. I got this particular bottle during Ulta's 21 days and have a 2nd one for it I'm currently using. I also just bought another one so you can say I enjoy it. I may got back to a more HA serum to see which my skin prefers though I can't tell a difference and both seem to do well on damp skin out of the shower for me.

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion - I've used their PM lotion, skin renewing night cream, and the moisturizing cream. It seemed a bit separated but I shook it up. It was fine for a face moisturizer but nothing groundbreaking. I like the ceramides but was disappointed CeraVe has changed formulations (looking at you hydrating cleanser) and feel skeptical of the brand. I'm not giving up on the brand because they are affordable and have those good moisture barrier ingredients but am trying some other options. But price factors in and if other things don't wow, I'll probably repurchase CeraVe in the future.

Murad Essential-C Day Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30 PA+++ - my spreadsheet says I got this at Christmas but I thought it was in unicorn mail possibly so if so thank you to who sent it. It had a citrusy smell and did blend smoothly. I found it nice but not a purchase product because it's US chemical which to me isn't anything special (especially at that price) and is only SPF 30 and I opt for 50 if possible.

Gold Bond Moisturizing Lotion - this is the hand cream I had in my car that I was like, well haven't been driving as much, I should take it out and finish it. It is pretty basic but does a fine job. It is pretty thick and I remember getting a bunch with coupons a few years ago. Might have another one left that I won't mind using but wouldn't run out to purchase it.

Hanhoo Blemish Patches - thank you @Shosh85! I had not used blemish patches before. In college my roommate said about putting toothpaste on pimples. I am lucky that I only get an occasional breakout but these were very nice. It works well on popped pimple, white stuff goes on the patch and it heals more quickly but I didn't see a difference if blemish isn't popped. If anyone knows a patch that work on those deep ones let me know. I have The Creme Shop ones and am interested in the CosRX ones but I'd purchase these.

Lavanila deodorant - This was a bummer and not very effective for me. I liked the harder texture which meant it didn't waste product with overapplication. The product would fade by afternoon. Even applying twice a day wasn't enough to make me enjoy it. In one instance, Scott commented on a stress sweat day about how bad I smelled. That was the nail in the coffin - yes stress sweat smells but it wafted. I didn't get to play much sports while wearing it (thanks covid) but have no faith it could have handled it. Just laying around at home it still didn't last full day. I didn't reek but would smell when sniffing armpit. Strong pass.

I was going to share September but boys are demanding to play so I'll post later. 😉

@ShortErica  I agree, the snail serum is great! I like to spray some of the CosRx Cica toner on before the serum and I love it! Glad you liked the Blemish patches! They do seem to only work on open pimples. I've been interested in trying the CosRx ones too. So far my favorite has been the Peace Out ones - (have you tried those?) but those only seem to work on open pimples too.