cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@Loretta55 not anything/everything...just depends 🙂 

@CookieGirl1 , I could eat peanut butter sandwiches daily! It is one of my favorite foods. I have found substitutes for when I am watching my weight.

This was a daunting post to make, mostly trying to remember what I thought of all the sample sizes that I used up in my 'fun sized February' (thanks to @ShortErica for the name).  This month I had 74 empties, which is great, however I also had 119 purchases.  My goal for the year (IIRC) is to have 730 empties, and to have less purchases than empties.  So far I'm 128 empties and 193 purchases.  This month was a busy month for purchases with two weekend trips so February numbers are a bit off from my normal.

My Loves! I have full litres of the Bumble and Bumble Hairdressers in my shower, love it.  The Laroche Posay is a lovely moisturizer that I'll no doubt purchase again (I've had full size's in the past).  The Feria makes my dyed hair feel soft again.  The Vaseline Cocoa moisturizer was great on my body and smelled super nice too.  The Dior Sample was a shade or two too dark, but I loved the formula.  Will find a sample in store eventually to shade match.  The Colour science SPF was equally delightful, love me a tinted sunscreen.  The Olly vitamins were good, taste nice, and did their job. The Darphin exfoliation was a lovely surprise.  I'll be keeping this on my list.My Loves! I have full litres of the Bumble and Bumble Hairdressers in my shower, love it. The Laroche Posay is a lovely moisturizer that I'll no doubt purchase again (I've had full size's in the past). The Feria makes my dyed hair feel soft again. The Vaseline Cocoa moisturizer was great on my body and smelled super nice too. The Dior Sample was a shade or two too dark, but I loved the formula. Will find a sample in store eventually to shade match. The Colour science SPF was equally delightful, love me a tinted sunscreen. The Olly vitamins were good, taste nice, and did their job. The Darphin exfoliation was a lovely surprise. I'll be keeping this on my list.This is my oh gosh I really like em, but do I "NEED" them?  Shockingly, the DE Lala used to be a love, and the Belief could get there at some point.  The Fresh vitamin serum was super nice and not expected.  The Fresh caramel lip balm was sooo nice.  That scent!  The Walla shampoo was super nice and I could see myself grabbing some if I spot it on sale, same with the Body Shop Banana Shampoo.This is my oh gosh I really like em, but do I "NEED" them? Shockingly, the DE Lala used to be a love, and the Belief could get there at some point. The Fresh vitamin serum was super nice and not expected. The Fresh caramel lip balm was sooo nice. That scent! The Walla shampoo was super nice and I could see myself grabbing some if I spot it on sale, same with the Body Shop Banana Shampoo.My these were good, but I won't be purchasing. The Body shop scrubs were nice, the serums were good, the DE eye cream might have been too old, it was a bit discoloured. The vanish just wasn't for my skin.My these were good, but I won't be purchasing. The Body shop scrubs were nice, the serums were good, the DE eye cream might have been too old, it was a bit discoloured. The vanish just wasn't for my skin.The nopes.  It's not that I flat out hated these, well maybe some of them.  Skyn why do you need to add cooling stuffs to a moisturizer?  The glamoflage was just horrible and is my only de-stash.  The other things were just meh, I used em, but I wouldn't go looking for them again, thats fo sho.The nopes. It's not that I flat out hated these, well maybe some of them. Skyn why do you need to add cooling stuffs to a moisturizer? The glamoflage was just horrible and is my only de-stash. The other things were just meh, I used em, but I wouldn't go looking for them again, thats fo sho.

Ohhh, yes!! Fresh caramel lip balm does smell wonderful @missjeanie! Lots of nice products in your empties!

It was a great month of experimenting with products @itsfi .  I love trying new products so I really shouldn't ever be buying full sizes.  I'm thinking of trying to do another round of mini's sometime again this year.  I have no idea where to even start with the mini's of make up products!

@missjeanie, oh gosh, yes, mini’s are great. I love having them to test out a product before committing to a full size. For skincare. my ideal arrangement is no more than 2-4 open full size cleansers and 2 mini’s or deluxe sizes open at a time; 2 open full size essences and 1-2 open mini’s - this seems to let me stick to a solid, fairly consistent routine, all while being able to play with new formulations or other products. For makeup, mini size mascara is the best for me - I don’t think I’ve ever completely used up a full size wand before the expiration date and I always feel bad wasting it. But a mini mascara resolves both those issues. 😆😉😊

It might be too soon but maybe a “May Mini’s” would be a good time to start another round of mini’s. 

I think May might be a perfect time @itsfi !  I so agree with you about mini mascaras.  I prefer a drier mascara so for me I'm pretty much 3 months in with a mini.  I always wonder how people use up mascara so fast?

Nice work, @missjeanie - seriously amazing! I love the Olly melatonin gummies, they taste SO good.

We have similar numbers; so far they’ve only gone up, too😂 Hoping to at least end the year under where I started. 

@eshoe I typically spend more on beauty in the last quarter of the year, and save the most in the first quarter... so far this year... not so much. lol I'm hoping I can buckle down a bit and even it out more before the year end... even if only by one product!

Prenatal vitamins?? @missjeanie 🤔😊

@lmaster I'm no longer pregnant.  Finished the vitamins anyway before going back to my regular ones. 

Hi @missjeanie,

That is very impressive! 

Best,
Rebecca

So many empties, @missjeanie! Wow, impressive!!

I'm curious about the Skyn moisturizer, is the cooling irritating?

@haleyvvvv  It’s not irritating for me, but I’m sure it would be for others, and I’m sure whatever it is that makes the cooling sensation isn’t good for your skin. For me, it just isn’t moisturizing enough and I don’t want to feel cold. 

"I don't want to feel cold" - lol, yes @missjeanie, I feel this, especially in the winter. Thanks!

Wow, @missjeanie, that's truly an impressive amount of empties/samples!

Lol @CookieGirl1 @it was very satisfying seeing them all together. I felt accomplished going through them.

February empties. You know you’ve held on to a sample too long when when you try it and love it, only to find out the product is discontinued.
419BEDC9-4695-4C64-8D58-26876250E84A.jpeg

Spoiler

Masks
344D84F7-35AC-432A-82EA-6819602E9CDB.jpeg

Spoiler

I need to use my sheet masks like you use yours @eshoe i found a box of the its skin h acid today at Marshalls. Now I think I may go back & get the other box....🤔

I hope it works well for you @sonnydee. I love both, pretty easy and painless masking☺️

Holy sheet masks, @eshoe!

14 Replies
testing