cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Thank you @itsfi I would repurchase both of those candles, they truly smell delicious ๐Ÿ˜†

Hi @lmaster ,

I love this set of empties! I am trying to make my candles last longer. The Josie Maran is one of my faves! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT those candles are so addicting!!! The chocolate scented ones are sooooo good too

I still like the original No Poo & One Condition @lmaster. I found the Decadence line of products too heavy for my hair.

I don't know if I've tried those, is it a shampoo and conditioner? @Loretta55 

Yes @lmaster , when I first started using DevaCurl products the only products available were DEVACURL - One Conditionยฎ Original Daily Cream ConditionerDEVACURL - No-Poo Original Zero Lather Conditioning Cleanser. I have not had any of the problems that others have described while using these two products for the last 6 years. 

January Empties

First time Iโ€™ve been grouping my empties monthly vs. weekly, thought I would give it a try this year as well as tracking numbers. I might go back to weekly, it was waaaaay easier.

IMG_4003.jpgIMG_4006.jpgIMG_4007.JPGIMG_4010.jpgIMG_4011.jpg

Spoiler

FS

LP Full Dry Volume Blast - love, this will be a repurchase. It was 1/2 full and suddenly it was empty because my daughter discovered and loves it, too.

Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm - love, love love. I used it as a mask rather than a cleansing balm, it has a unique scent that reminds me of coffee. Shelf life is <1 year once opened, I learned the hard way and had to toss with about 1/4 product remaining. 

Yadah Bubble Deep Cleanser - love this foaming cleanser. So gentle, barely a scent, & easy to use. 

Burtโ€™s Bees Cleansing Oil - my favorite cleansing oil. Itโ€™s been increasingly difficult to find, hoping it isnโ€™t going to be discontinued.

Meow Meow Tweet Eucalyptus Mint deodorant - I liked this, it works quite well. It dried up a bit toward the end, so I need to use it more often. Had a backup in grapefruit, using it now.

Mac Prep+Prime Fix + (Coconut) - I love this product but didnโ€™t care for it in this scent. Also, the nozzle always goes bad near the end and I have to toss it with usable product still inside. Minor pet peeve.

Sephora Cotton Pads - Not bad, I use them mainly for nail polish removal, sometimes removing eye makeup. 

Epsom Salt, Coconut Oil ( Target Up & Up) - This had the same artificial scent as the Mac primer. Wouldnโ€™t repurchase, but thought I would give it a try. Not terrible, not great.

Sephora Lip Honeys Colorful Gloss Balm in Manuka - Nice no-nonsense gloss for around the house. Iโ€™ve gone through a couple of these and loved them.

Jeju:en Centella Green Tea Wash Off Mask - this is a very pleasant detox clay that has visible tea leaves accompanying a soothing green tea scent. Dries slowly and leaves my skin smooth.  A possible repurchase at some point. 

Aveda Foot Relief - Daytime HG foot cream. Need to repurchase, in the meantime I am using up sleeping masks that I donโ€™t use.

Burtโ€™s Bees Coconut Foot Creme - Night time HG foot cream. A pair of cozy socks over these and soft feet by morning. Also need to repurchase.

DS

Bioderma Atoderm Intensive Baume - oooooh I love this one (thanks so much @missjeanie !). Unscented, very rich without being greasy at all. I added Aveda Stress Relief or the Shampure oils to it at nighttime. Absolutely loved and was very disappointed when it was empty. Will be a repurchase. 

Becca Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh Powder - this was another love. I am not wearing powder as much but when I do, this gave my skin a soft finish without looking too matte. The cooling effect no longer worked after the first few wears, despite closing the lid tightly. Despite that, this will likely be a repurchase. 

by Rosie Jane, Leila Lou - loved this fresh pear scented perfume. I received this as gratis last year, and bought the sampler set for my daughter for Christmas. This is still my favorite. Light and fresh, without feeling too flowery. It is also the closest Iโ€™ve come to Annick Goutalโ€™s Ma Petite Cherie. 

When Rose Coconut Gentle Exfoliating Scrub Mask - this was indeed a gentle exfoliating mask, with a noticeable rose scent. Iโ€™ve been leaning further and further away from florals so wouldnโ€™t repurchase, but would recommend.

Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Volume 2 - Oh this is a good one. Love, love, love. If I ever make it through my mascara stash, this is one I would love to purchase. Dramatic but not over the top, a decently plump brush with a bit of concave curvature in the middle, and a smooth, rich product that doesnโ€™t clump (when new - lasts a few months before starting to slightly clump). Iโ€™ve only tried a few of her products, but this is the stand out for me.

Eve Lom Cleanser - this was a pleasant cleansing balm (thank you @keana1 !), the scent is a love of mine (similar to clove) but it left a filmy presence on my skin. 

Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm - this is a lighter cleansing balm with a very smooth texture, with a somewhat medicinal scent. Loved the texture and how it turned milky when rinsing off, but didnโ€™t care for the scent. 

Volition Turmeric Brightening Polish - love the ingredients and so far every product Iโ€™ve tried from the brand has been good to my skin. This was a bit too gritty for my face so I used it on my elbows (thanks for the idea @itsfi). It was perfect for that!

Trader Joeโ€™s 3-in-1 Body Wash - this was in my Beauty Advent calendar and I loved it. Good ingredients and a very fresh, pleasant scent. Totally easy repurchase.

Trader Joeโ€™s Brown Sugar Body Scrub - I thought it was just ok, had a maple-like scent to me. I wouldnโ€™t repurchase but my daughter loved it, if it comes out again for the holidays would be a fun little stocking stuffer for her. This was also in the advent calendar.

Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water Matcha Green Tea - this stung my eyes, so an easy pass.

Omorovicza Midnight Radiance Mask - Not bad, I like the idea of a mask renewing your skin while you sleep but keeping track of acids is more stressful than soothing for me. It sounds like an amazing product but just didnโ€™t do much for me.

Kiehlโ€™s Calendula + Aloe Soothing Hydration Mask - this was nice, reminds me of the FAB Ginger and Turmeric mask. I could go for one or the other, but I donโ€™t need both. An enjoyable mask to use, just not a must-buy for me. 

Elemis Peptide4 Thousand Flower Mask - I really enjoy this one. It is strongly scented, like ylang-ylang. The texture is unique, a bit like the boscia black gel moisturizer - and feels so nice going on. I could repurchase this at some point. 

Clarins Hydra-Essentiel Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm - a good balm, very similar in consistency to the Laneige sleeping mask, but with mineral oil and paraffin. Enjoyed but wonโ€™t repurchase.

Drunk Elephant F-Balm - this got me through an awful stretch of skin damage, in conjunction with a few other key products. On its own, it wasnโ€™t moisturizing enough to warrant an immediate purchase, but should I harm my skinโ€™s moisture barrier again, I will be needing to pick a bottle up to ensure a quick healing process.

Foils

SDJ Shampoo/Conditioner - the scent is similar to the other products, but I didnโ€™t feel this did anything special for my thin, finicky hair. Kinda glad I didnโ€™t fall in love with it!

Jo Malone Poppy & Barley Cologne - buzzed through this sample amazingly fast. Rich and comforting, perfect for layering. Just wish these scents lingered a bit longer on my skin.

Phlur Amรฉline - this is a rosy scent, light enough and pretty, just not for me. I didnโ€™t mind wearing it, though.

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria - beautiful fragrance, flowery but not powdery - just not for me. Still, I had no problem finishing it.

Glossier You - Fell in love. I plan to pick this up soon. Rich but not heavy, warm, cozy. Base notes of ambrette, ambrox, musk, with pink pepper and iris root as top notes. Itโ€™s a really lovely mix and something I could wear everyday.

Glossier Cloud Paint - Dusk/Dawn - these were the first ones Iโ€™ve ever tried, loved the airy feel of them. These shades were ok, but not the best. I also tried them in Puff (pale pink) and Storm (rich magenta) - and I found my loves. They are so bendable and most important, didnโ€™t fade throughout the day. These will be a purchase at some point. Iโ€™m currently using the Bloomeffects Tulip Tint that I thought would be a great balm but turns out to be a good cheek tint. Once I work my way through some of that, I will look at picking up Cloud and Storm.

Milk Makeup Cooling Water - perhaps this was kept in my mini fridge for too long. Even with warming it in my hands, it was still clumpy going on, which caused way too much tugging around the delicate eye area. I gave it three tries. Not for me.

Cicapair Tiger Grass Nightly Re:Pair Mask - I mistakenly used this as a wash-off mask on the first use, which - total waste of a great product. Thankfully there was enough remaining to use as a proper sleeping mask. I used this toward the end of my mission skin repair and it was soothing and incredibly moisturizing (thanks again @missjeanie!).

Kiehlโ€™s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution - I used this as the damage I did to my skin left a small dark spot on my skin. I realize it is difficult to determine a productโ€™s efficacy with a 2-3 day trial. I didnโ€™t notice anything different, but that;s not to say it wouldnโ€™t happen over a longer period. Iโ€™d be game to try it for a longer time period, but it doesnโ€™t bother me so much that I would go out and purchase it right away.

Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum Complexion Correcting - oh this is a love. The scent is beautiful. I donโ€™t know if it corrects anything, but it is an absolute joy to use!

Sheet Masks

The Dr. Jart+ warming foot mask is HOT. If you have cold winter feet, this is the mask for you. I loved it.

Sheet masks from top row to bottom, roughly in order of most to least loved. The last two are wash off masks, the little Dillydelight egg one is a sleeping mask and a love.   

I'm impressed @eshoe this is a beautiful sight

Thanks @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜Š 

@eshoe ๐Ÿคฏ wow! haha. This is impressive ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ .  With this many products, I completely understand how weekly tracking would be easier

I feel like itโ€™s the biggest month Iโ€™ve had in awhile @averylayne but thatโ€™s probably because Iโ€™ve never seen that much altogether at once. At least with weekly empties I donโ€™t feel as embarrassed toting those much under the sink ๐Ÿ˜†

@eshoe that's awesome! I guess seeing it all together puts things in to perspective; self care is a top priority and I'm glad you've got it down! I wonder what your yearly empties would look like!! 

Me too, @averylayne - I added an album on my phone for Empties so it should be really easy at the end of the year to look at a summary.

@eshoe that's a great idea! I'll be sure to follow your posts!

Thats a lot of empties @eshoe !  You had a great January and I loved reading about some of your favourites and not so favourites.  You've got a few in there I need to try out!

Thanks @missjeanie it was a total pita๐Ÿ˜‚ Weekly empties are so much easier. I donโ€™t think this month will be nearly as busy. I was very curious how it would look, now I know!

Wow! ๐Ÿ™‚ You got a lot done in January @eshoe! The avocado and toast print is adorable! Is it a blanket? Super cute.

Tablecloth, @itsfi - it makes me smile and is a good cover up for the crafting table (which used to be the dining table but one too many painting projects changed that).

Have you always tracked your empties in spreadsheet form? This is the first year I am, though I havenโ€™t set a year end goal. Curious to see how it will all pan out.

January Empties!

Please don't mind me, but I just want to brag a little...IT Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi Hydrating Lip Balm Treatment Je Ne Sais Quoi is the first lip product I have ever finished in my life! I usually either lose it or accidentally throw it in the wash.  I feel like a champ right now!

image0.jpeg

Getting through lip products can be difficult!! @averylayne great job

@lmaster thank you! I'm going to start putting that on my resume ๐Ÿ˜‰ haha jk

testing