cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: RE: Empties - V2

@samkeaysxo, nice group of empties. 👍🏼 Too bad the Touch in Sol primer wasn’t a winner for you; it’s been a good one to me lately. I’m adding that B&BW candle to my list - so many of their candles on my list, I could make a whole new list just for their candles - ha!

Re: RE: Empties - V2

@samkeaysxo awesome empties!! 

Re: Empties - V2

For the last 2 weeks:

LOVES:

IMG_20200228_165143.jpg

-Philosophy Snow Angel Shower Exfoliator (for the body) -- love love love this scent. Plus it's a nice gentle exfoliation and doesn't leave the shower slick like a lot of exfoliating creams seem to do. 

-Coola Mineral Sun Silk Cream- Really enjoyed this. It wears well under makeup and didn't feel heavy or greasy. Some white cast though so blending it out is necessary.

-Shiseido Perfect Cleansing Oil- My absolute favorite first cleanse. It's rich without being heavy, isn't runny, gets all my makeup off, and just feels so luxurious. 

-Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence- One of my absolute favorite products. This hydrates, helps heal acne, brightens- you name it. It's an absolute must in my routine. 

And the "just OK" items:

IMG_20200228_165027.jpg

Both were just kind of meh and I have other products that I prefer. 

Hi @quspork,

Great empties! 

Best,

Rebecca

Great to know your thoughts on the coola @quspork 

January Empties - This month I finished a total of 37 products 26 full-size and 11 deluxe samples/foils. 

A Whole Lotta Nope!A Whole Lotta Nope!

Spoiler

Ulta Beauty Holiday Animals Hydrating Sheet Mask - I used the Penguin and Polar Bear masks and finished the pack. The masks are okay overall, but light on the serum. I wouldn’t purchase again.

L’Orèal Paris Pure-Clay Cleanser Detox-Brighten - Too heavily fragranced. Made my skin feel cool and tingly. Didn’t initially irritate my sensitive skin, but it did while I was washing it off.

Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator - Used as a sleeping mask. I wasn’t amazed by the results. This didn’t work well on top of my moisturizer, and it irritated my skin. I bought it during Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty for 50% off. If you want to try this, then I suggest you do the same. For me, I’m probably staying away from this one.

Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm - I tried this after using the rose balm and wasn’t a fan. The rose scent was too strong. I hoped the regular cleansing balm would have no scent, but I was wrong. This actually has a very strong patchouli/sage scent that was also off-putting. Also this product is way too expensive. The balm works very well, but the scent and the price will keep me away.

BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Defense - If you would fail the brown paper bag test, then you should stay far, far, far away from this sunscreen. #CasketReady Otherwise, it’s worth a try if you are looking for an easy-to-apply mineral sunscreen. 

Fresh Vitamin Nectar Glow Juice Antioxidant Face Serum - My face started stinging as soon as I patted in the product. It’s a no for me dawg.

Just ... Meh ...Just ... Meh ...

Spoiler
Dermal Bamboo Collagen Essence Mask -  This was a gift from the beau. The mask had a good amount of serum, and there was no skin sensitivity or reactions. I probably wouldn’t buy this on my own because I’m not familiar with the brand.

Madam CJ Walker Beauty Culture Brassica Seed Oil - This stuff stinks! It is supposed to be a natural silicone that softens hair. I used it as the oil in my pre-poo treatment. I probably wouldn’t buy it again.

Sephora Collection Pumpkin Hand Balm - An impulse buy at checkout. This has a sweet scent, but it smells nothing like pumpkin. I would buy it again on clearance.

Laura Gellar Filter First Luminous Concealer - This was a random clearance find after Laura Gellar was discontinued at Ulta. I bought this concealer for ~ $3.00 and am so glad I didn’t buy this for full price. It took me less than a month to finish the tube. I don’t want to pay over $20 for a product I am able to finish this quickly. Unless this is on sale for the price of a drugstore concealer, keep on walking.

Ulta Beauty Automatic Lip Liner - Clear is a decent universal lip liner that works with my various lipstick formulas and makes for a good dupe for the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Ozone.

Guerlain Paris Abeille Royale  - An expensive product that I would never buy because I’m a poor.

Tula Purifying Face Cleanser - Not a fan of the scent, but it’s a nice gentle cleanser.

Estēe Lauder Perfectionist Pro  - Wasn’t mind-blowing. This was actually quite forgetable. 

Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Serum (Foil) - A beloved product that didn’t wow me.

Me Likes!!Me Likes!!

Spoiler
TonyMoly Hydrating I’m Lavender Mask Sheet - I love TonyMoly sheet masks! I have been repurchasing this one for the past few years.

Miss Spa Cactus Flower Hydrating Sheet Mask - This sheet mask had lots of serum and no strong fragrance. I purchased during a sale, and I would purchase again. I don’t think I would seek it out, but I would buy if I happened across it during another sale.

BareMinerals Oil Obsessed Total Cleansing Oil - This was a light oil that turns milky with water, so it does exactly what I need from a good makeup removing cleansing oil.

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, Rosewater - I like this as a spray toner, but after hearing so much negative information about Mario Badescu, I don’t plan to purchase anything else from the brand. In good conscious, I can’t recommend this product.

Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Night Serum - Like that it’s free of fragrances. Will buy the full size to start incorporating retinol into my skincare routine.

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder - I bought the mini to use to set my under eye concealer, and it worked well for that. It is definitely a matte finish, so I make sure to go light with this powder since I have dry skin. I know this is a holy grail product, but it was just okay for me.

No7 Radiant Results Nourishing Cleansing Balm - Honestly speaking, I only bought this balm because of a 5X bonus point offer. I was disappointed when half the jar was empty when I opened it. The positive is using this reminded me of the Clinique Cleansing Balm, so I would recommend it to someone who wanted to try an affordable cleansing balm. I would purchase this cleansing balm again, but I wouldn’t put it on the top of my list.

Curlsmith Ultimate Lengths 30-Day Therapy - This was the first box I finished, and I haven’t seen any crazy results. I didn’t expect to see any miracles in the first month since the instructions suggest using this product for at least 3 months. I bought this during a sale, so I would recommend waiting until a discount to buy it .

Clinique Happy Gelato Cream - The original came in a holiday ornament fragrance duo. I’m not a fan of the scent, but I absolutely love the richness of this cream. I bought a mini jar in the Berry Blush scent to see if I enjoy this scent more than the original scent, and I did!

StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream Plus - I use this as a regular face cream since it’s mostly water and shea butter. This is a very rich cream that my dry skin loved, but there is no way I would buy this when it costs almost $100.

Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel - I know this is a Holy Grail product for a lot of beauty lovers, but I just thought it was okay. I would buy it again if it’s on sale or for bonus points, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it.

Ulta Beauty Matte Setting Spray - I liked that this was a matte setting spray without heavy alcohol  content. Since it’s a decent price, I would purchase it again. I also like the finish. It is matte, but doesn’t make my skin feel parched.

Catrice Cosmetics Prime and Fine Multitalent Fixing Spray - I bought this on a whim, and was surprised at how good this setting spray is for a drugstore brand. The spray is a finer mist, but not as fine as the Morphe Continuous Setting Mist, and there is no off-putting scent. I already have a second bottle waiting in the Catrice Stars of the Show Setting Spray Trio.

Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum - I'm on the fence with this one. I love the spicy notes in the fragrance, but the overall scent doesn’t wow me.

Vichy Minèral 89 Face Serum - Thought it was just okay after the first tube. This second tube had me singing a different tune. This is a good affordable serum, and I bought a full size to add to my skincare routine.

Got Nothin' But Love!Got Nothin' But Love!

Spoiler
Bath & Body Works Vanilla Bean Shower Gel - Vanilla is one of my favorite scents, so this is an all-time fave … obviously.

Morphe Continuous Setting Mist - I love the fine mist and the finish this gives my makeup. This is probably my 3rd or 4th bottle. ‘Nuff said.

Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado - Rich cream that I use as an under eye primer. I am trying the Cannuka Eye Balm I bought during the Ulta Love Your Skin Event, but I would definitely buy this eye cream again.

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream - This scent is heavenly!!!! I am not the biggest fan of the new light texture. I prefer the heavier whipped butter texture. I will still keep using this though because of that signature intoxicating scent.

Supergoop! Glow Stick - This Glow Stick is my HG face sunscreen.

Dove Rose Petals Dry Spray - Rose is another scent I like, as long as it’s not too flowery and overpowering. This deodorant gives the perfect amount of rose fragrance.

Wow!! Amazing job @sephoraaddict918 

Wow, look at all your empties @sephoraaddict918! 🤩 Excellent work! 👍🏼

RE: Empties - 2019

December empties. Loved everything except the Lancôme moisturizer, which was just okay. Already repurchased the Clarisonic head, KVD foundation, Shea moisture hair mask, and a different LUSH lip scrub.

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

Awesome job @samkeaysxo 

Nice empties @samkeaysxo. B&BW Vanilla Bean Noel is such a comfy, cozy scent - love it.

My October and November empties. Loved: Marc Jacobs and FAB creams, Eva NYC hair serum, Dr. Brandt mask, and the candles. Everything else was just okay.

@samkeaysxo I will have to try the "Leaves" candle!

Best,
Rebecca

Leaves is one of my favorite B&BW candles @samkeaysxo! Nice work on the empties. 

No loves this month. At least I got some of the bad ones out of my stash.

We need more hockey-related euphemisms on this board, @cindyvonlovely!

Ha... Penalty Box Bad.  I like you're description @cindyvonlovely 

Re: Empties - 2019

These are not all the empties but the ones That lasted a WHILE plus I loved them. 

Indie Lee oil is my HG for a few months now. I bought it in March and it lasted me till end of Oct with 2-3 drop mixed in my moisturizer every morning and night. Sinks right in and provides so much moisture/hydration. ❤️❤️
47308989-3A4D-4F99-A8D8-B072CC0C88E0.jpeg

like both the lip balms also. And bought back-ups.

Hi @naturalooks15 I love that container! 

Best,
Rebecca

@naturalooks15 I've been wanting to try that oil. I love the storage container!

October EmptiesIMG_2104.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases
- Simple Water Boost Hydrating Sheet Mask
- Masqueology Watermelon Moisturizing Mask
- Mamonde Magnolia Flower Lab Essence Mask
- Jayjun Honey Dew Red Mask (x2)
- Neogen Mexican Aloe mas (x3)
- Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Pink Squeeze Mask (x4)
- Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Yellow Squeeze Mask (x2)
- Frudia Citrus Brightening Mask

IMG_2108.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases
- Evian Facial Spray (x2)
- Neutrogena Body Oil
- B&BW True Blue Spa Shea Cashmere body lotion
- Shea Moisture Transforming Clay-to-Cream Cleanser
- Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream
- Shiseido Facial Cotton (x2)

IMG_2114.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases/staples
- Benefit Precisely My Brow Pencil
- Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer (Cuba) (This is HG status for me. I've been using it for 7 years)
- ABH Clear Brow Gel (x2)
- Ren Global Protection Day Cream
- FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moistureizer
- DE Virgin Marula Luxury Face Oil
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
- Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum
- Korres Wild Rose Vitamin C Brightening Oil

IMG_2117.jpg

Spoiler
Products I would repurchase
- Farmskin Mangosteen Balancing Sheet Mask
- Farmskin Tomato Revitalizing Sheet Mask
- Peach Slices Peace Popsicle Sheet Mask (x2)
- Ren Perfect Canvas Skin Finishing Serum
- Elta MD Uv Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46
- L'Oreal Revitalift Cicacream
- Skinfix Ultra Rich Hand Cream
- Tata Harper Resurfacing Serum (I would buy with a discount)
- Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer

IMG_2118.jpg

Spoiler
Just Ok
- Pixi Makeup Melting Cleansing Cloths
- Bliss Makeup Melt Jelly Cleanser
- FAB Triple Protection Skin Tint (Tan)
- Juice Beauty Anti-Wrinkle Eye Treatment
- Exuviance Probiotic Lysate Anti-Pollution Essence
- Youth To The People Superfood Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer (I think I may enjoy this during the warmer weather months. I'll revisit next summer.)

IMG_2119.jpg

Spoiler
Dislike
- Pixi Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sheer Sunscreen Mist (this left white spots all over my face)
testing