cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

LovesLoves

Top Row- Meh   Bottom Row- lovesTop Row- Meh Bottom Row- loves

Lots of good empties @jen81! Nice work getting through the DE retinol.

Yay for using foils @jen81 , I'm so bad with mine. 

Love the vinegar rinse too @jen81 great empties!

Nice collection of empties, @jen81 ! Lots of trial sizes and foils! 

@jen81 I agree with @PenelopeBT, that is one of my favorite retinols! 

Best,
Rebecca

Great empties! I really like the DE A Passioni Retinol Cream because it doesn't dry my skin out, unlike a lot of other retinol creams.

I ran out of a bunch of favorites at once—well, within 3 days of one another. Also finished off 2 things I won’t repurchase. 

Loves: 

Some of my favorite things.Some of my favorite things.

Spoiler
Aquaphor Ointment: 1 tube’s from my bathroom, the other’s from my home office desk. I keep tubes squirreled away throughout my home. 

The Inkey List Retinol: I now use this every other night. It’s working great with the next 2 items on my list to gradually lift my large hyperpigmentation patches. And it’s better for my particular skin than tretinoin, contrary to the belief of Retin-A fans who aren’t my dermatologist. 😄 

Farmacy Very Cherry Bright vitamin C serum: this is the DS I got from Farmacy direct. I’m now working through a full size bottle. I didn’t try this for the cherry scent, though that’s a bonus compared to the usual vit C serum smell. I tried it mainly because it contains multiple forms of both vit C and hyaluronic acid. My skin’s in love. 

FAB Resurfacing Liquid 10% AHA: this was my second or third bottle. I have a few other AHAs awaiting a trial, but I keep reaching for this one. 

Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum: yet another bottle emptied. Still the best thing I’ve ever used under my eyes. 

Kimiko Super Fine Eyebrow Pencil: took a while to use this up. Unlike with other brow pencils, when I got very near the end of this one, the product didn’t fall out of the case. Yet another reason why this is my favorite brow pencil. 

Sephora Coconut Water Wipes: took this travel pack on a couple of long weekend trips. Got a friend hooked on them in the process. 😄 

Like but won’t repurchase: 

2 products replaced by a new favorite.2 products replaced by a new favorite.

Spoiler
Lancôme Bi-Facil: my former favorite eye makeup (and any exceptionally stubborn makeup) remover. Last month I switched to Paula’s Choice Gentle Touch makeup Remover, which works just as well but costs much less, has no fragrance, and is gentler on my eyes. 

Tarte Micellar Magic: works well, but not on eye makeup. It has a weird scent I’m not fond of. Honestly, my favorite thing about it was the push pump dispenser. It’s not bad, but the PC makeup remover is much better. 

I have tubes of Aquaphor everywhere too @WinglessOne! 🙂 Great empties and love the background - that's the paper from Beautylish, yes?

Thanks @itsfi ! Yep, that’s this year’s Lucky Bag paper. I forgot I still had some. Might as well put it to good use. 😄 

Hi @WinglessOne,

Great job on your empties! 

Best,
Rebecca

@WinglessOne I couldn't agree more about the tarte micell...

@WinglessOne I couldn't agree more about the tarte micellar water!! I also felt like it tingles more so than any others I've used

Nice set of empties @WinglessOne!!! I also bought the Tarte Micellar Water because of the pump, and I'm currently using it. I use it to remove any makeup residue after using a cleansing oil/balm, so I think it works well for that. I haven't noticed a weird scent. Maybe the scent agrees with my nose. HA! 

@sephoraaddict918  I used the Tarte micellar water as my non-eye makeup remover/“first cleanse” step (I had to use Bi-Facil for eye makeup), then followed with my cleanser. That way, I was sure to rinse off the surfactant that’s in the Tarte product. The scent was kind of a cross between witch hazel and something I can’t quite place... minerally musty something or other. It wasn’t super stinky—not Tata Harper rotting dandelion stinky—but for me, it was unpleasant. Clearly not bad enough to stop me from using the whole bottle. 😄 

Pushed through a bunch of products the past couple weeks 🙌Love these scentsLove these scents

Mask lovesIMG_20191114_121759439.jpg

Mask likesIMG_20191114_121905690.jpg

Product lovesIMG_20191114_122038747.jpg

Product likesIMG_20191114_122140099.jpg

Spoiler
Nothing was a major dislike, the fresh toner is great, just not loving all the petals twords The end of the bottle

I need to start burning my candles more @lmaster .  Thanks for the reminder, I just lit the one beside me!

@missjeanie candles are the best! Very uplifting

What a nice set of empties @lmaster!!! The Bum Bum Cream and Shiseido Cotton Pads are some of my faves too. I'm using my Primera Water Cream sample, and I am liking it so far. However, it has a light pine scent that I'm not too fond of. 

I often find most moisturizers are better on my skin at night @sephoraaddict918 thank you sweets!

Hi @lmaster,

Lots of awesome candles. I love the packaging of the "Love you" candle, I will have to pick some up as gifts! 

Best,

Rebecca

@RebeccaBT thank you! It really smells like spring 💜

testing