cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Yay for using foils @jen81 , I'm so bad with mine. 

Love the vinegar rinse too @jen81 great empties!

Nice collection of empties, @jen81 ! Lots of trial sizes and foils! 

@jen81 I agree with @PenelopeBT, that is one of my favorite retinols! 

Best,
Rebecca

Great empties! I really like the DE A Passioni Retinol Cream because it doesn't dry my skin out, unlike a lot of other retinol creams.

I ran out of a bunch of favorites at onceโ€”well, within 3 days of one another. Also finished off 2 things I wonโ€™t repurchase. 

Loves: 

Some of my favorite things.Some of my favorite things.

Spoiler
Aquaphor Ointment: 1 tubeโ€™s from my bathroom, the otherโ€™s from my home office desk. I keep tubes squirreled away throughout my home. 

The Inkey List Retinol: I now use this every other night. Itโ€™s working great with the next 2 items on my list to gradually lift my large hyperpigmentation patches. And itโ€™s better for my particular skin than tretinoin, contrary to the belief of Retin-A fans who arenโ€™t my dermatologist. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

Farmacy Very Cherry Bright vitamin C serum: this is the DS I got from Farmacy direct. Iโ€™m now working through a full size bottle. I didnโ€™t try this for the cherry scent, though thatโ€™s a bonus compared to the usual vit C serum smell. I tried it mainly because it contains multiple forms of both vit C and hyaluronic acid. My skinโ€™s in love. 

FAB Resurfacing Liquid 10% AHA: this was my second or third bottle. I have a few other AHAs awaiting a trial, but I keep reaching for this one. 

Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum: yet another bottle emptied. Still the best thing Iโ€™ve ever used under my eyes. 

Kimiko Super Fine Eyebrow Pencil: took a while to use this up. Unlike with other brow pencils, when I got very near the end of this one, the product didnโ€™t fall out of the case. Yet another reason why this is my favorite brow pencil. 

Sephora Coconut Water Wipes: took this travel pack on a couple of long weekend trips. Got a friend hooked on them in the process. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

Like but wonโ€™t repurchase: 

2 products replaced by a new favorite.2 products replaced by a new favorite.

Spoiler
Lancรดme Bi-Facil: my former favorite eye makeup (and any exceptionally stubborn makeup) remover. Last month I switched to Paulaโ€™s Choice Gentle Touch makeup Remover, which works just as well but costs much less, has no fragrance, and is gentler on my eyes. 

Tarte Micellar Magic: works well, but not on eye makeup. It has a weird scent Iโ€™m not fond of. Honestly, my favorite thing about it was the push pump dispenser. Itโ€™s not bad, but the PC makeup remover is much better. 

I have tubes of Aquaphor everywhere too @WinglessOne! ๐Ÿ™‚ Great empties and love the background - that's the paper from Beautylish, yes?

Thanks @itsfi ! Yep, thatโ€™s this yearโ€™s Lucky Bag paper. I forgot I still had some. Might as well put it to good use. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

Hi @WinglessOne,

Great job on your empties! 

Best,
Rebecca

@WinglessOne I couldn't agree more about the tarte micell...

@WinglessOne I couldn't agree more about the tarte micellar water!! I also felt like it tingles more so than any others I've used

Nice set of empties @WinglessOne!!! I also bought the Tarte Micellar Water because of the pump, and I'm currently using it. I use it to remove any makeup residue after using a cleansing oil/balm, so I think it works well for that. I haven't noticed a weird scent. Maybe the scent agrees with my nose. HA! 

@sephoraaddict918  I used the Tarte micellar water as my non-eye makeup remover/โ€œfirst cleanseโ€ step (I had to use Bi-Facil for eye makeup), then followed with my cleanser. That way, I was sure to rinse off the surfactant thatโ€™s in the Tarte product. The scent was kind of a cross between witch hazel and something I canโ€™t quite place... minerally musty something or other. It wasnโ€™t super stinkyโ€”not Tata Harper rotting dandelion stinkyโ€”but for me, it was unpleasant. Clearly not bad enough to stop me from using the whole bottle. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

Pushed through a bunch of products the past couple weeks ๐Ÿ™ŒLove these scentsLove these scents

Mask lovesIMG_20191114_121759439.jpg

Mask likesIMG_20191114_121905690.jpg

Product lovesIMG_20191114_122038747.jpg

Product likesIMG_20191114_122140099.jpg

Spoiler
Nothing was a major dislike, the fresh toner is great, just not loving all the petals twords The end of the bottle

I need to start burning my candles more @lmaster .  Thanks for the reminder, I just lit the one beside me!

@missjeanie candles are the best! Very uplifting

What a nice set of empties @lmaster!!! The Bum Bum Cream and Shiseido Cotton Pads are some of my faves too. I'm using my Primera Water Cream sample, and I am liking it so far. However, it has a light pine scent that I'm not too fond of. 

I often find most moisturizers are better on my skin at night @sephoraaddict918 thank you sweets!

Hi @lmaster,

Lots of awesome candles. I love the packaging of the "Love you" candle, I will have to pick some up as gifts! 

Best,

Rebecca

@RebeccaBT thank you! It really smells like spring ๐Ÿ’œ

Itโ€™s been months since Iโ€™ve posted my empties, so I have more than usual. If anyone has any questions, let me know๐Ÿ˜€

loves LovesLoves

likes LikesLikes

nopes NopeNope

Hi @suzyo,

Lots of great products. The Mama Mia is so awesome, it is always in my shower.

Best,
Rebecca

6 Replies
testing