cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

@lmaster That looks like the perfect sized baby facial to have around! Working through a FS of it might take me a decade, at least it's in a pump. 

Absolutely @CC3616 I've leavened,, if a product comes in a smaller version,, knowing me 😆 it's probably best to go that route

RE: Empties - 2019

Just found this photos I took before moving. First row were great Second row were good Third row was meh or I called it quits.

great job @Cyncynn 🙌💖

great job @Cyncynn 🙌💖

Re: great job @Cyncynn 🙌💖

@lmaster Thank you - I felt so proud lol!

8E15F9B7-689A-4E4A-B635-60979F9FF7C2.jpeg

39B78A18-CFE7-409A-8919-1D5EC9C25AC6.jpeg

98422010-5326-4A37-9A6D-DE2D73DC7754.jpeg

FE45B099-6863-42AF-93EC-6E83BB9B3D3C.jpeg

THEse were my empties from last month.  The items in the last photo I repurchased.  

@heartsmyface I am so impressed! Great job on all of your empties!

Best,
Rebecca

Hi @heartsmyface ,

This is an amazing set of empties!  You did so well with the empties.

Best Wishes,

Janean

Here are the empties I’ve remembered to save since July. 

Loves: 

Things I always restock, plus a new-to-me thing I’ll repurchase.Things I always restock, plus a new-to-me thing I’ll repurchase.

Spoiler
Creme Shop Turmeric Face Mask - I can’t use these often because they contain honey extract. But once or twice a month seems acceptable to my skin. It helps that these masks contain high amounts of moisturizing and soothing ingredients that combat the dryness caused (on me) by honey. 

The Body Shop Mango body butter - my longtime favorite of all their body butters. Whenever I find these unsullied at TJM or Marshalls (why the bleep do people ruin products on shelves with their grubby fingers 😡), or Ulta has a good deal on them, I stock up. 

Paula’s Choice All Over Hair & Body Shampoo - new to me. It’s bad as a shampoo (cleans well, but my hair hates it), but great as a fragrance-free body wash! Doesn’t leave my skin feeling coated-soft like Dove body wash, but it also doesn’t make me itchy-dry. The bottle lid is very flimsy and breakable and annoying, so I transfer the contents to a pump bottle. 

Youth To The People Superfood Moisturizer - a beloved staple of my skincare routine. I opened this jar in early July and finished its contents the last week of September. That’s faster than I thought I was using up these jars. 😄 Next time I can get a good discount on these, I’ll stockpile a few. 

Sephora Coconut water makeup wipes - I’m trying to wean myself off using makeup wipes at home (for makeup removal), so I’ll buy only the travel size from now on. This was my last full size pack of my favorite wipes. 

Things I keep handy and a product I probably won’t repurchase.Things I keep handy and a product I probably won’t repurchase.

Spoiler
Youth To The People Superfood Vitamin C Serum - I like it, but not enough to repurchase at USD $62. It soaks into my skin quickly and leaves no stickiness behind. And it’s full of good stuff. My skin is brighter overall, but that’s most likely due to other products’ ingredients (retinol, AHA, and niacinamide). I said I wouldn’t buy another vit C serum after emptying this one because that ingredient’s in some of my other skincare products. But I recently got a Farmacy Very Cherry Bright DS, so I’ll try that one next. 

Yes To Coconut wipes - From now on, I’ll use these as body wipes instead of makeup wipes. This pack helped me get through this year’s doctor-imposed bedrest during a serious illness flare.  

Goodwipes Body Wipes - another product I use when I can’t stand in the shower or over the skin. I’d never use these on my face (mostly because of the peppermint oil), but they’re fine for most of my body. 

Nopes: 

I tried to make that sunscreen work for me... sigh.I tried to make that sunscreen work for me... sigh.

Spoiler
Rahua Legendary Amazon Oil - I got 3 uses out of this foil. Didn’t hate it, but saw no benefits or improvements after using it. Also didn’t like how it loosened some of my coils. 

Coola Mineral Sun Silk Creme - this sunscreen hurt my feelings. Leaves a very obvious white cast on my face no matter how much I blend it out, and it pills a lot on me. I generally love Coola, but not this sunscreen. I can’t even use it as body sunscreen. 😞 This bottle’s still 4/5 full, so if anyone loves this sunscreen and wants more, PM me and I’ll happily send it your way. Otherwise, I’ll try donating this to a local shelter. 

I had no idea Paula's Choice made a body wash until I saw your post @WinglessOne. On the list to try.

@WinglessOne I know I know!!! totally disgusts me to see...

@WinglessOne I know I know!!! totally disgusts me to see products being touched that are not samples 🙄 like... really??

IMG_4970.jpg

IMG_4995.jpg

That is such a great sheet mask @sockmagnet. I tried a mini version of the Bio-Oil and loved it; I have a few more products to get through and then I'll pick up a full size.

great job @sockmagnet

great job @sockmagnet

Weekly 🗑️ LovesLoves

Like the results, not the actual maskLike the results, not the actual mask

Do not like how sticky it is upon applicationDo not like how sticky it is upon application

@lmaster You got through tons of masks! Great job! 

Best,
Rebecca

Thank you @RebeccaBT trying to preserve this skin as long as possible 😊

EmptiesLovesLoves

LikesLikes

More lovesMore loves

So many goodies @lmaster! It’s nice to find so many loves and likes! 💗

can't complain @itsfi it was a decent week 🙌

can't complain @itsfi it was a decent week 🙌

RE: Empties - 2019

This is about 4 weeks of mask empties. Sadly, the summer has been too busy for frequent masking. All were at least likable. I have already repurchased the Saturday Skin Quench and Spotlight masks. The Spotlight Mask (pink) is for brightening and it’s my HG brightening sheet mask. I also adore the Quench/hydrating Mask (teal) and it’s one of two hydrating masks I use regularly and keep stocked. The rest are likes. I will probably re-purchase the Yes to Grapefruit Vitamin C Glow Boosting Mud Mask. It’s one of the rare mud masks my dry skin can tolerate without feeling completely stripped of moisture. It has some AHAs in it too so I look a bit glowy after using it. I really do like the Karuna hand mask. Feels very Moisturizing but I wish it were unscented. It’s just a little too fragrant for me. The two Flashmasques were new for me. IMO there are pluses and minuses to the 5 minute masks. Big time savers for sure. But unfortunately 5 minutes was not enuf time to make a solid evaluation of the masks. Maybe next time.

testing