cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

What are your favorite tinted moisturizers @emaisgr8  For a while I was into trying tinted moisturizers but never found a "me" one. Lots were a bit dewy or too dark.

I'm still working on finding the right one for me. I however enjoy using FIRST AID BEAUTY - Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer with this powder on top @ShortErica 

ahhh so happy it worked out well for you @ShortErica - and that you had more samples shared, too. Live when a sample works out for the best!

Thanks again @eshoe! 😊

@ShortErica oh yes they have many different scents, glad to see it was a better natural deodorant. If you get a different scent, I'd love to know what you end up choosing 😊

I think I'll be making a trip to Target soon @lmaster and I'll let you know what I pick.

RE: Empties - 2019

My empties for the last 3 months 🤔. Couple disclaimers: the 2 full-size TF lippies turned rancid, TF brow palette and Guerlain bronzer developed hard pan, the Rodial mascara (not sure where I got it from) has disintegrated wand (so I never got to try it 🤣) Everything else are pretty much used up or closed to it. Happy Friday everyone!

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

Hi @blackkitty2014,

Great job! Looks like you were on top of your skincare! 

Best,

Rebecca

that's just amazing @blackkitty2014

that's just amazing @blackkitty2014

How long did it take for the TF lipsticks to turn rancid? I got a full size pink dusk in 2018 and have barely used it as it turned out to look garish on my olive undertones but I should try layering it as it's such a waste!

@xcicee I don’t remember exactly when I got it but pretty sure I got it from Neiman Marcus. The two in the picture there are Casablanca and Pink Dusk. I don’t like neither color so I rarely touch them. But I would say probably was at least more than 2 yrs for me. I have 50-70 Tom Ford lipsticks and these are a few that turned on me. One note though I don’t collect nude. I normally buy red, pink and berry colors. Those seems fine.

That's so funny, I also got my Pink Dusk at neiman's. I just checked and I bought mine in July '17 so just over 2 years for me now, I better start using it while I can 🙂 

@xcicee  Good idea😘 The 2 I’m worrying about turn soon are Misbehave and Julian. I love love Misbehaves so most likely I will finish it. It’s strange since Misbehaves is a coral red. I have tons of pinks and those are still good as the day I bought them 😂🤪

Ooh how can you tell that it is about to turn? I haven't tried that many TF but I am close to finishing my 2nd or 3rd DS Indian Rose one. Full size lipsticks & balms are so hard for me to finish but I can usually do a mini one in a month of consistent use.

@xcicee To me the vanilla scent is strongest when it starts to turn. But really behind the strong vanilla scent is the faint waxy scent. Overtime the vanilla scent got weaker and weaker and replaced completely with the waxy scent. The only full-size lipstick I ever finish is Tom Ford Pussycat. I love Indian Rose too. I finished 3 DS Indian Rose 😉 for the last 2-3 yrs or so I buy less full size and more Boy/Girlssize. Those I can finish 🤪🤣

Thanks for the tips 😄 I wish I had gotten the B&G size, they did have this color too. But at least now I know for next time! I try to grab the DS whenever they have them as rewards but they're almost always Indian Rose. 

Wow, @blackkitty2014, that's an impressive amount of empties.

Thx you @CookieGirl1 , @JaneanBT and @l8totheparty . I’m pretty proud of myself on being good about skincares. No wastes for me 😉 Now only if I can do the same with makeup 😘😍

Hi @blackkitty2014 ,

Wow! This is such a great set of empties! You used so many great skin products! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

This collection of empties make me happy- so many items used up! @blackkitty2014 and full-palette items, too.

At least two week's worth of empties:

Week1emp.jpgWeek2emp.jpg

Spoiler
Week 1: I think the Briogeo could easily be a love, I just wasn't a fan of this scent (I'm guessing the banana is better). It worked quite well for my hair, though. The Sulwhasoo may make it on a future Beautylish order - it is a richly nourishing but light sleeping mask and my skin loved it. The Jurlique Balancing Rosewater mist is a past HG, but I've been venturing out and am currently working my way through the GR Watermelon mist which is so good for summer! Found the Velvet travel spray in the sale section, picked up a couple more as I am stocking up on my favorite (and discontinued) winter spray. Thankfully Masion's By the Fireplace is so similar, that will be my go-to after I run out.

Week 2: The Freeman wash-off mask was lovely and one I will pick up a FS of at some point, when I have room. It feels very luxe and has been a great drugstore brand find thanks to @IndyQT317. The fresh Poppy is such a great color - way outside of my comfort zone - and the formula lasts well on me. It's the first time I've tried this formula and I love it! I'm on my last DS of the Bioderma Micellar water and will be buying FS asap - it's that good. The GR Avocado Melt was nice, I'm partial to the YTTP Superberry so won't be buying the FS. It looks like the new formulation has retinol, and although I've heard it's only a very small percentage, my skin just doesn't agree with that ingredient.

The thumbs down is for the "I Heart Revolution" products, I thought they were glosses and rather they are the strangest formula; goes on like a gloss and dries to some sticky, bizarre mess. Tried one and tossing both. Not sure what they are supposed to do, but that's what I get for a throw-in-the-cart at the last minute purchase 😄

Masks:

week1masks.jpgweek1masks2.jpgWeek2masks.jpg

Spoiler
Week 1: The When masks are a staple. The Dewytree AC CTRL Deep Mask was a love and refreshing - the material of this mask is so soothing. Would love to stock up on those.

Week 2: The Merbliss is one of my favorites for its gauzy mask material. The Glow Loudey, I gave it another go, but it still is reminiscent of hose water. A big pass for me, though lots of others found the scent more along 'sweet leather' @lmaster 😄
4 Replies
testing