cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Lots of fab goodies here @lmaster! 🙂

@itsfi thank you lovely!

That Elemis didn’t work for me either. Made my skin feel tight. I gave it to my husband to use. 

@emaisgr8 it totally made my skin look so oily,,,I probably should of just used it at a nighttime moisturizer, but if I know I'm not going to repurchase, I guess what's the point

What are you using instead of makeup remover @lmaster? Nice empties!

Nice. I guess I count everything (micellar water, makeup remover, cleansing oil, cleansing balm) in the same category of "Remover" so I wasn't sure if there was some unique product you were using @lmaster. I'm overanalyzing again. Oops!

@ShortErica yeah just the actual items labeled as "makeup remover" that are not oil or balm I'm done with

Makes sense. Nice job decluttering @lmaster. I always force myself to use stuff even if I'm not into it which is silly.

Oh honey @ShortErica these two items,,, have probably been hanging out for a year 🤦

That's not too bad @lmaster. I've been gradually trying to use perfume for anything I can. Husband smells up the bathroom, who needs air freshener when you have perfume?! Seriously I have a few things from high school which is ridiculous. But it still smells good so I hate to throw it in the trash.

@ShortErica omg you just reminded me of that stuff called exclamation perfume stuff,,, my gma bought me some in high school and it sat around for years!! You are too funny,,,,I do the same thing in the bathroom 😂😂😂

What a great memory! 😀@lmaster 

Love gma @l8totheparty she was the best ever!!

@lmaster  I remember that!

@emaisgr8 it was kinda like an intro into perfume... At least that's what my gma thought in her mind 😂

August 2019 Empties

Empties-2019.08.PNG

Nivea Sun Protect SPF 50 PA+++

Spoiler
This is my daily sunscreen. Really wish it didn't have alcohol but it pretty cosmetically pleasing with or without makeup. Without it can be a little shiny for my liking though. Plan to try a couple sample sunscreens I have then see if this is my go-to.

Vaseline aloe lotion

Spoiler
I was a big couponer..I guess I still coupon but not to the extent I used to. I got in the bad habit of buying things just because they were cheap as opposed to things I needed. I had so much Vaseline lotion and after finishing this one, now only have 1 left - yay! I liked the aloe one. Thought it was nice and light for summer. Would I buy it again? Maybe if I had coupons. It's not the most amazing lotion ever but was fine.

CeraVe Baby lotion

Spoiler
Because this and the CeraVe PM have similar ingredients - the ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and niacinamide - I decided to test if this could be a substitute for it. This is thicker and at first I thought I would definitely go back to the CeraVe PM as my daily lotion vs. this one. But now that I'm using CeraVe PM, I remember the new formulation's viscosity was made even thinner...maybe too thin. I want to see how quickly I use this up compared to the old formula and compare price per use. In any case, if you don't mind a somewhat thicker face lotion - this is packed with some good ingredients and I'd give it a thumbs up.

Coola makeup setting spray SPF 30

Spoiler
I was sent this in unicorn mail from the lovely @faeriegirl. This was so nice to try but I don't think is something I would purchase. I am pretty dedicated to using SPF and saw this product as a great refresher for the end of the day when I would only be out in the sun for an hour for sports before it became dark. It did smell like sunscreen but the spray was even and I assume it was decently effective - like I said, I wasn't out in the sun long but I never had any burns. If it crossed my path, I'd use it but wouldn't seek it out. I am curious about powder SPF in those brush contraptions - gimmicky or useful?

Misc. hotel lotion

Spoiler
Last two are lotions from hotels. The first was an aloe and mint one I think and the 2nd had more of an aromatherapy/spa smell. Both were fine and I'm glad they are no longer lingering on my counter. Use and move on!

This is impressive @ShortErica ! I always feel proud when I have used a full container of lotion! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Me too @JaneanBT. Some lotions tend to last a while.

@ShortErica Great empties! 

Best,

Rebecca

Thanks @RebeccaBT!