cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

@PenelopeBT  Yes such great products!

I really enjoy briogeo @jen81 great trash 🗑️💗

I really enjoy briogeo @jen81 great trash 🗑💗

Re: I really enjoy briogeo @jen81 great trash 🗑️💗

@lmaster  Yes! Such a great brand

Empties - September 2019

Empties-2019.09.PNG

Lady Speed Stick

Spoiler
Fine. Nothing special. Can leave white marks but does its job.

Bare Minerals Original Foundation

Spoiler
I've liked Bare Minerals for a while. My roommate in college was a super fan. I bought way more than I needed and then had a bunch of shade changes when I moved to Florida and became pale person "tan." I've finally managed to use all of the foundation I bought and recently purchased a new one with Ulta points. Is it a holy grail? Probably not. But I've worked with it enough that I can use it easily and it looks natural. I may need to try some other mineral foundations and compare post October when I can buy makeup again. But not buy so many that I have a stash like what happened to me before. Now if I could only get through all the Warmth that came in the Bare Minerals kits. 🤦

Bare Pro Foundation

Spoiler
Got a couple samples from the Bare Minerals store in the mall. I think maybe in the spring. I was focusing on using the foundations I bought a million years ago and unfortunately the 02 dried out. It did seem quite yellow though. The 01 was light and if overapplied even made me look a little ghostly. I'm fair but not the fairest of them all. Warmth helped with this but I wouldn't want to intentionally buy a wrong shade to use both products. Anyway, it was fine but I have a harder time applying liquid foundation because I don't have much experience with it. Most likely user error than product but still felt just okay about it.

Roc eye cream

Spoiler
I bought a two pack of this at BJ's a while ago. I was dedicated and wore the first tube every night. I do think it helped with my fine lines. This (2nd tube) one was used frequently but not as consistently. I also have done more research and although this has retinol, the concentration isn't high. I did get many uses out of it. ~165 and ~180 respectively. I would use this again but I am interested in trying other eye creams. Right now I'm using The INKEY List Caffeine Eye Cream. So far it is okay. I don't see it helping as much in the fine lines department. I think maybe it is geared more toward helping darkness and puffiness. But I've still got a lot of testing to do.

Australian Gold Tinted SPF 50

Spoiler
I keep going back to this. My latest tube is more creamy than others I've had so my impressions have become more favorable. It has blended to match my skin better but I can get some stuck on my neck lines and then you can tell it doesn't truly match. I can't wear it as a daily sunscreen because of the match and also because it is such a pain to remove. But I love it for my sports weekends. It really does hold tough vs. the sun. It does stain clothes if rubbed off on them which is my biggest con. For now, protection from the sun > stains on athletic clothes that are already kinda dirty. I still need to find a daily sunscreen.

La Roche Posay Anthelios Clear Skin SPF 60

Spoiler
I received this sample in August so it isn't old. Yet this is how it looked..
Spoiler
20190926_085435.jpg
Can you see the separation? It looks exactly like when oil separates but this is supposed to be oil free. On my face it was even worse. There would be white cast and then it would pill and ball up when rubbing it in. It also got caught in my hair and eyebrows.
Spoiler
20190926_085456.jpg

I'm hoping this was just a bad sample but I'm not planning to try it again.

CeraVe AM

Spoiler
It's fine. It didn't leave a white cast on me which was a pleasant surprise. I think I just prefer a dedicated sunscreen and then a dedicated lotion based on my skin's needs. I would use it again if it crossed my path but I don't plan to purchase. I prefer CeraVe PM which also has niacinamide.

I already have a handful of products I should finish in the next week or so. October should provide another nice batch of empties. Yay! I can't wait to do a total for the end of the year.

ooooo yeah! that wouldn't be very appealing @ShortErica y...

ooooo yeah! that wouldn't be very appealing @ShortErica you are a good sport for trying it

Re: ooooo yeah! that wouldn't be very appealing @ShortErica y...

I have a different sample of a mineral one from them @lmaster. The formula looks like sunscreen. It also has a white cast but at least it blends into the skin and then I can cover it without pilling or balls of gunk. I'm working my way through products so it makes me proud.

The BareMinerals foundation is the best for a natural, no makeup look. People always ask me what I have on my skin when I wear it. <333

That's awesome @PenelopeBT! Do you have a difficult time deciding a shade? I feel like I'm able to make a few different ones work so I never know what to go with!

I go between a couple of shades. What I like about the shade range is that they have a wide shade range and often times a few shades can work for one person. I switch between golden beige and golden nude. <333

These are from about mid-May through now. I feel like I go through things so slowly! Anyway, on to the empties:

Loves

IMG_20190828_151431.jpg

Spoiler
The CosRx Galactomyces essence, Boscia Clear Complexion cleanser, Drunk Elephant C-Firma, Ordinary Buffet, and deodorant are repurchases. I want to get a big size of the Nest Indigo, but I need to wait as I have too many perfumes right now. Everything else, I would repurchase, I just have other options I am using right now. I feel like Derma E is kind of a sleeper brand that I don't hear much about, but I have enjoyed the things I have tried from them and they go on sale at Ulta on a regular basis. My boyfriend used the Sephora Aloe mask and couldn't stop raving about it, so it's in here despite me not actually trying it myself. One caveat, I do really love the Drunk Elephant, but it oxidizes quicker than I would like, especially for the price. I wish they would also make this 0.5 oz size permanent because I find the last two months use of the 1 oz size are kind of wasted. This is definitely not a product I stock up on, as it oxidizes unopened over time. I'm currently trying out some other brands of vitamin C to see if I can find something that lasts longer with the same results.

Likes/OKs

IMG_20190828_152231.jpg

Spoiler
I would definitely repurchase the Face Shop & I'm Lavender sheet masks, Sephora mud mask, and Invisibobble hair tie. I have already repurchased the Mamonde toner and Sephora micellar water. Most of the other things, I would definitely use again, but I'm not sure they are worth buying at full price. The I'm Real Lotus mask may have broken me out, but I don't know it was that for sure; I would try it again. The Biossance squalane oil is kind of hit or miss for me. Sometimes my skin loved it and soaked it up, other times, it just sat on my face not sinking in at all and may have contributed to some small breakouts. I like how my skin responds to the Herbivore Blue Tansy mask, but I can't stand the smell, and I'm not convinced it doesn't go bad really quickly due to their lack of preservatives. I would never invest in the full size, but if it came in a set again, I would use it. The Sephora liquid lipstick is actually a declutter, but I did like it, so it's in this picture.

Meh/Nopes

IMG_20190828_152356.jpg

Spoiler
The Perricone and Caudalie are totally not worth the price as they did absolutely nothing for me. The Ren started to sort of saponify/get frothy on my skin towards the end of the bottle which I didn't like, and the Olive sheet mask left a gross feeling film on my face and contributed to a break out for me.

Declutter

IMG_20190828_152450.jpg

This is like a thousand years old and started to smell weird, so goodbye. I was never very found of the color either.

Great empties @snoflakefaerie! I've been eyeing the CosRx Galactomyces essence for a while; I have a few more essences to get through but that one is definitely up there on my to try list. Love that mask from The Face Shop. ❤️

Nice set of empties @snoflakefaerie!!! Nest Indigo is one of my favorite fragrances!!! 

excellent!! you definitely did a great job @snoflakefaerie

excellent!! you definitely did a great job @snoflakefaerie

Re: excellent!! you definitely did a great job @snoflakefaerie

Thanks @lmaster. I should take a hint from you and try to post things on a more regular basis. It's hard to remember exactly how I felt about things months later!

Re: excellent!! you definitely did a great job @snoflakefaerie

If I had the room to store empties for longer...I probably would 😂 @snoflakefaerie 

As usual, the majority of my August empties are skincare related. Standouts during the month, both good and bad, are below.IMG_0508.jpg

Spoiler

I finally tried the Shiseido Cotton Pads on a whim when I saw them at Marshalls, and now I'm converted! I understand why these have a cult following, and I can never go back to regular cotton pads now.

I decluttered the NYX Glitter Primer because not only did the top crack and make a mess every time I tried to use it, the primer was no longer keeping my eye shadow from becoming a creasing mess.

The GLAMGLOW ThirstyMud was such a major disappointment because I had such high hopes, but it started stinging as soon as I put it on. Darn this sensitive skin of mine!!! The stinging feeling dissipates after a while, but there are other sleeping masks that work for me without any skin reactions, so I won't be repurchasing this.

The Earth Therapeutics Gold Eye Masks would have been perfect if they could only stay in place. This probably won't be a problem if you lie down while enjoying this mask.  

The worst item from the bunch is the Supergoop Mineral Sunscreen Mist because it gives WHITE CAST! I couldn't finish the bottle fast enough, and I'm happily going back to the Supergoop Everyday Sunscreen. Buying this was actually an accident because I thought it was the Antioxidant Infused Sunscreen Spray, which actually goes on invisible. Boy was that first spray a shocker!!! Anyone with skin darker than porcelain should stay far, far, far away from this!

Wow, great job on the empties @sephoraaddict918! Yeaaah, those Shiseido cotton pads are pretty amazing! 😍

SOOOOO AMAZING @itsfi!!! When I first felt that fluffy goodness on my face, I was mad at myself for taking so long to try them. I've really been missing out for all these years!!!

"Fluffy goodness" is the best way to describe them, @sephoraaddict918! <333 It's made me happy to have spotted them at TJ Maxx / Marshalls...I *try* not to grab 'em all when I see them. To leave some for others to experience their amazingness. 🙂

great job!! @sephoraaddict918 🙌💜

great job!! @sephoraaddict918 🙌💜

Re: great job!! @sephoraaddict918 🙌💜

Haha! Thanks @lmaster!

testing