cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

@sockmagnet Great empties 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

Awww love Tatcha ❤️ Great empties @sockmagnet  need more Tatcha soon lol.

Look at those full size items - go @sockmagnet!

nice! @sockmagnet

nice! @sockmagnet

Empties - 2019

Earth therapeutics,Factr, and fresh Vita were just not for me, either the thickness of the sheet was too much or the scent. the escargot, the vitamin c and the heart eye mask, liked the benefits, just not my favorite material in masks, and lastly my loves

@lmaster Lots of great mask empties! I love seeing all the different masks you used. 

Best,

Rebecca

Thank you so so much @RebeccaBT 💞

@lmaster  What did you love about the Aquis 01 spray? I have a sample and am looking forward to using it!

@PinkEvergreen it made my hair feel so soft, it kind of reminds me of a hair mask

@lmaster Oh wow, that sounds great! Now I can’t wait to try my sample! 😊

@PinkEvergreen I bought a kit through FFF and loved it so much, I also got the sample, then placed another order with FFF 😂

Nice @lmaster ❤️ Again lots of empties and your fave masks 👍

@2manyperfumes thank you! Yep love my face masks 💞

RE: Empties - 2019

This is about 4 weeks of mask empties. Sadly, the summer has been too busy for frequent masking. All were at least likable. I have already repurchased the Saturday Skin Quench and Spotlight masks. The Spotlight Mask (pink) is for brightening and it’s my HG brightening sheet mask. I also adore the Quench/hydrating Mask (teal) and it’s one of two hydrating masks I use regularly and keep stocked. The rest are likes. I will probably re-purchase the Yes to Grapefruit Vitamin C Glow Boosting Mud Mask. It’s one of the rare mud masks my dry skin can tolerate without feeling completely stripped of moisture. It has some AHAs in it too so I look a bit glowy after using it. I really do like the Karuna hand mask. Feels very Moisturizing but I wish it were unscented. It’s just a little too fragrant for me. The two Flashmasques were new for me. IMO there are pluses and minuses to the 5 minute masks. Big time savers for sure. But unfortunately 5 minutes was not enuf time to make a solid evaluation of the masks. Maybe next time.

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

Nice masks @christyrc ❤️ I only get to use sheets masks once a week or so but I do use overnight masks often.   

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

@christyrc I feel the same way about summer and masking! I have been lacking on masking 😞 This was a great reminder for me to mask today 🙂

Best,

Rebecca

A small batch of empties from July and early August. I’m trying to use some of my kabillion samples, or at least the ones I’m sure are safe for my skin. 

B490F96D-49D3-4418-AADA-7EABB7D9B203.jpeg

Loves: 

Spoiler
Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum: I’ve already repurchased it and moved it to an airless vacuum pump bottle (which wasn’t easy, thanks to the shape of the DDG bottle) because it’s very hard to use up all this serum once the level’s lower than its original bottle’s pump tube. This serum’s worth the trouble, though. I rave about it all the time. ❤️ 

MAC Satin Lipstick in the shade Carnal: I love this blue-toned blood red shade and wish it wasn’t discontinued. I save all my MAC empties for their recycling program (and okay, for free lipsticks); this reminds me to take my latest batch to my local MAC store or counter. Meanwhile, I’ve opened my last backup tube of Carnal. 😞 MAC, y u always kill ur best stuff? 😭 

Skinfix Eczema Hand Repair Cream: This is the tube I received as gratis from Sephora. I’ve already repurchased it and will likely go through multiple tubes this winter. 😄 My hands don’t have eczema but they are quite dry, and this cream is the best moisturizer I’ve ever used on them. I’ve been trying not to use it daily but that’ll definitely change once temperatures drop below freezing. 

Sephora Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes: I travel with these instead of micellar water. At home, I use them to remove makeup swatches or custom blends done on my hand. They’re effective for anything but mascara and waterproof makeup. They smell good. And they don’t irritate my skin at all. It’s almost time for me to restock these. 

Nopes: 

Spoiler
Tarte Babassu Foundcealer samples: My skin tones are the same as a foundation-wearing friend’s, so I tested 2 shades of this foundation on myself (one on each half of my face) to see if I should recommend either of them to her. I shouldn’t. Both shades were ashy on me, even though they had different undertones. And this stuff felt very heavy on my skin. 

Philosophy Purity Made Simple: This was my first time trying this cleanser. I used it right after the Bobbi Brown oil cleanser sample. It’s very creamy and smells weirdly medicinal. Irritated my eyes a lot. Removed the rest of the Tarte foundation without stripping my skin or causing any dryness, but a slightly tingly reaction of chicken bumps began to form on my cheeks—and that reaction’s usually followed by dry patches. 😡 I quickly added my beloved e.l.f. essence and a cold compress to calm that reaction down. 

Ulta Premium Pillow Cotton Pads: Yet another pack of cotton pads/rounds I’ve replaced with reusable bamboo/cotton rounds. Took me about a year to finish these. I didn’t like them for skincare use, but they’re kinda nice for cleaning wounds like the badly skinned knee I had last year. I won’t repurchase them, though. 

Palmer’s Coconut Oil Body Lotion: I tried this years ago but couldn’t remember what I didn’t like about it. It’s not terrible—it’s quite moisturizing—but it strongly smells too much like suntan lotion meets Jergens original lotion. And I don’t like how my hands felt after I applied this; not greasy at all, not bone dry, but kinda... suede-ish? Definitely not the feeling I prefer. 

Paula’s Choice Gentle Cleansing Cloths: These are too gentle. 😄 They can remove powder blush but struggle a bit with eyeshadow swatches. Removing cream/liquid makeup requires more aggressive rubbing than it should. I still have a few single packs of these wipes (more GWP from PC); I might use them for post-workout wipe downs. But they’re ineffective as makeup wipes. 

Neutral, won’t purchase: 

Spoiler
Bobbi Brown Oil Cleanser: Effectively broke up and removed most of the Tarte foundation. I also have a DS bottle I might use from time to time. But I have no need to buy a full size. I’d rather use micellar water than a cleansing oil as my makeup remover.  

Wow great empties and you’ve kept track of what you really liked and stuff that don’t @WinglessOne  - you are always organized and thorough 🥰

I have been really busy this summer and not much time for BIC,I think this is 3 - 4 months of empties.
LovesIMG_9010[1].JPG

Not for me
IMG_9012[1].JPG

Nice empties @Seymore3! That OH peel system is a good one! ❤️

@Seymore3 Awesome job on all of the empties!

Best,
Rebecca