cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

RE: Empties - 2019

This is about 4 weeks of mask empties. Sadly, the summer has been too busy for frequent masking. All were at least likable. I have already repurchased the Saturday Skin Quench and Spotlight masks. The Spotlight Mask (pink) is for brightening and it’s my HG brightening sheet mask. I also adore the Quench/hydrating Mask (teal) and it’s one of two hydrating masks I use regularly and keep stocked. The rest are likes. I will probably re-purchase the Yes to Grapefruit Vitamin C Glow Boosting Mud Mask. It’s one of the rare mud masks my dry skin can tolerate without feeling completely stripped of moisture. It has some AHAs in it too so I look a bit glowy after using it. I really do like the Karuna hand mask. Feels very Moisturizing but I wish it were unscented. It’s just a little too fragrant for me. The two Flashmasques were new for me. IMO there are pluses and minuses to the 5 minute masks. Big time savers for sure. But unfortunately 5 minutes was not enuf time to make a solid evaluation of the masks. Maybe next time.

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

Nice masks @christyrc ❤️ I only get to use sheets masks once a week or so but I do use overnight masks often.   

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

@christyrc I feel the same way about summer and masking! I have been lacking on masking 😞 This was a great reminder for me to mask today 🙂

Best,

Rebecca

Re: Empties - 2019

A small batch of empties from July and early August. I’m trying to use some of my kabillion samples, or at least the ones I’m sure are safe for my skin. 

B490F96D-49D3-4418-AADA-7EABB7D9B203.jpeg

Loves: 

Spoiler
Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum: I’ve already repurchased it and moved it to an airless vacuum pump bottle (which wasn’t easy, thanks to the shape of the DDG bottle) because it’s very hard to use up all this serum once the level’s lower than its original bottle’s pump tube. This serum’s worth the trouble, though. I rave about it all the time. ❤️ 

MAC Satin Lipstick in the shade Carnal: I love this blue-toned blood red shade and wish it wasn’t discontinued. I save all my MAC empties for their recycling program (and okay, for free lipsticks); this reminds me to take my latest batch to my local MAC store or counter. Meanwhile, I’ve opened my last backup tube of Carnal. 😞 MAC, y u always kill ur best stuff? 😭 

Skinfix Eczema Hand Repair Cream: This is the tube I received as gratis from Sephora. I’ve already repurchased it and will likely go through multiple tubes this winter. 😄 My hands don’t have eczema but they are quite dry, and this cream is the best moisturizer I’ve ever used on them. I’ve been trying not to use it daily but that’ll definitely change once temperatures drop below freezing. 

Sephora Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes: I travel with these instead of micellar water. At home, I use them to remove makeup swatches or custom blends done on my hand. They’re effective for anything but mascara and waterproof makeup. They smell good. And they don’t irritate my skin at all. It’s almost time for me to restock these. 

Nopes: 

Spoiler
Tarte Babassu Foundcealer samples: My skin tones are the same as a foundation-wearing friend’s, so I tested 2 shades of this foundation on myself (one on each half of my face) to see if I should recommend either of them to her. I shouldn’t. Both shades were ashy on me, even though they had different undertones. And this stuff felt very heavy on my skin. 

Philosophy Purity Made Simple: This was my first time trying this cleanser. I used it right after the Bobbi Brown oil cleanser sample. It’s very creamy and smells weirdly medicinal. Irritated my eyes a lot. Removed the rest of the Tarte foundation without stripping my skin or causing any dryness, but a slightly tingly reaction of chicken bumps began to form on my cheeks—and that reaction’s usually followed by dry patches. 😡 I quickly added my beloved e.l.f. essence and a cold compress to calm that reaction down. 

Ulta Premium Pillow Cotton Pads: Yet another pack of cotton pads/rounds I’ve replaced with reusable bamboo/cotton rounds. Took me about a year to finish these. I didn’t like them for skincare use, but they’re kinda nice for cleaning wounds like the badly skinned knee I had last year. I won’t repurchase them, though. 

Palmer’s Coconut Oil Body Lotion: I tried this years ago but couldn’t remember what I didn’t like about it. It’s not terrible—it’s quite moisturizing—but it strongly smells too much like suntan lotion meets Jergens original lotion. And I don’t like how my hands felt after I applied this; not greasy at all, not bone dry, but kinda... suede-ish? Definitely not the feeling I prefer. 

Paula’s Choice Gentle Cleansing Cloths: These are too gentle. 😄 They can remove powder blush but struggle a bit with eyeshadow swatches. Removing cream/liquid makeup requires more aggressive rubbing than it should. I still have a few single packs of these wipes (more GWP from PC); I might use them for post-workout wipe downs. But they’re ineffective as makeup wipes. 

Neutral, won’t purchase: 

Spoiler
Bobbi Brown Oil Cleanser: Effectively broke up and removed most of the Tarte foundation. I also have a DS bottle I might use from time to time. But I have no need to buy a full size. I’d rather use micellar water than a cleansing oil as my makeup remover.  

Wow great empties and you’ve kept track of what you really liked and stuff that don’t @WinglessOne  - you are always organized and thorough 🥰

I have been really busy this summer and not much time for BIC,I think this is 3 - 4 months of empties.
LovesIMG_9010[1].JPG

Not for me
IMG_9012[1].JPG

Nice empties @Seymore3! That OH peel system is a good one! ❤️

@Seymore3 Awesome job on all of the empties!

Best,
Rebecca

I only used up 5 makeup/ skincare items this month. Kinda shocked 

10BF6DB3-BE25-4F33-97D5-908A3E685AE4.jpeg

Sometimes when we start products it takes months or years to go through so sometimes we don't have much beauty garbage. 

Sometimes our eyes are bigger than our faces lol.  

😊

@howconnie 

That’s so true.

Sheet mask empties for July: had a good month of sheet masking, with most of the sheet masks being loves or likes. 😉 

Loves

IMG_9392.JPGIMG_9396.JPG

IMG_9399.JPG

OK / Meh

IMG_9401.JPG

You did all these plus the daily masking @itsfi - WOW!

@ShortErica, I had a crazy work travel last month so masking regularly helped to make things feel less chaotic. 

Well that's good. Can I ask what you do @itsfi? And do you enjoy traveling for your job?

@ShortErica, I don't usually travel as much as I have this year and last year; it's been nice to go to different places, but I am looking forward to the travel schedule slowing down soon in the next few months. I'll borrow a line from Top Gun about the job, 

it's classified.gif

Hahaha! 🙂 Okay, maybe not "classified" so much as I'm fairly private about certain things. 

Completely understandable @itsfi. Glad it will be slowing down in the next few months. 😁

excellent mask empties @itsfi

excellent mask empties @itsfi

Re: excellent mask empties @itsfi

Thank you @lmaster! It was a good month of masking! 🤗

Last couple of weeks' empties:

empall.jpgempmask2.jpgemptmask1.jpg

Spoiler
The LP Bodybuilder was gratis, and after I use up a DS I have, I will be repurchasing. The Jill Stuart shampoo and conditioner have a lovely fragrance (kinda perfume, but very nice) and the formula of both works for my fine hair. Trying to figure out where best to purchase this, as these samples were a little gift from  (many, many thanks @heartsmyface !!!). I FINALLY finished a Laneige Lip Sleeping mask, love this stuff but it takes forever to finish. I've barely touched the FS that came in the Holiday set last year, even though I use it fairly regularly. The Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate is really light and has a nice, faint lavender scent. A good facial oil for summer combo skin.

The bottom masks had some interesting scents. The Dearpacker Black Ginseng reminded me of steak seasoning, and the L'arvore was like Necco wafers; sweet and yummy.

That’s great that you finished the Laneige @eshoe. 😃 You can find Jill Stuart shampoo and conditioner on amazon and us dot cosme-de dot com. I haven’t purchased from the latter but a friend’s mom uses that site to pick up products that are Asia exclusive. Beautylish carries Jill Stuart but the selection is limited and I’m not certain whether they currently carry the hair care range. 

1 Reply