cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Haha, I agree in the hate it/dislikes front! 

Also, for the Laneige, itโ€™s basically, literally, the only lip balm I use now! I work from home so I can go into the bathroom and use it when I need a refresh of moisture. Also Iโ€™ve got some super dry lips! @WinglessOne 

"Their crimes are often etched in my brain"- I laughed out loud with this. Isn't this the truth!! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

@WinglessOne 

Hi @scott1201 ,

I love the Laneige Sleeping Mask and feel so sad when I finish a dry shampoo. I feel like I am always buying a new one. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

great job @scott1201 getting they that lip mask!! dedicat...

great job @scott1201 getting they that lip mask!! dedication girl

Re: great job @scott1201 getting they that lip mask!! dedicat...

Thank you, @lmaster !

@scott1201  Aw I feel you.  I let too much time pass between when I finish products and when I try to remember if I liked them.   I decided this time that whether or not I repurchased something was the best indicator that something was truly good.   

I just store my empties in my closet hanging on a hook in a cotton Sephora tote bag.  ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ  Theyโ€™re out of the way.  

I love the idea of segmenting them out based on if youโ€™d repurchase, that makes sense! Itโ€™s so hard, especially with sheet masks, since we use so many. It takes an outstanding mask for me to remember it in the future. Right now Iโ€™m storing my empties under the sink in an old GWP bag but I need something bigger

@scott1201   Masks are hard unless you go back and sift through the masking thread but usually If it made an impact Iโ€™ll remember.  

Are you thinking a Rubbermaid bin or something? Haha, or one of those giant blue ikea bags?  Iโ€™m already overwhelmed by the amount of stuff the cotton Sephora totes hold.  

You could try sorting masks in two little bags.  One of loves and one of everything else.  Just an idea. 

@lmaster's posts always remind me I need to empty my trash, too.

empmask.jpgempmask2.jpgempties.jpg

Spoiler
No bad masks, just weird ones...the touch in SOL Moisturizing Ceramide one has bird's nest and salmon roe. Can't say I will ever try that one again but appreciate the gift @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜‰  Did not expect to like the Moschino but I love it and will be purchasing a FS. The Aveda is a staple and repurchase earlier this month. The Tatcha Violet-C, I love to use and may repurchase at some point, just not now. This jar is huge and took up a lot of space! I tried the Skinfood Coconut once and really, truly, did not like it in any way, shape or form. Tossing it. The Fresh Vitamin Nectar mask is another love, but also not repurchasing right now. The little citrus peels are a nice touch but can be a pain to rinse down the sink. The scent is amazing, though - like Tang. I liked the Sephora Yuzu cloths and Bioderma cleanser (very gentle and no scent - thank you @missjeanie!).

Good to know about the Skinfood coconut mask @eshoe.

Iโ€™ve been trying to think of a good use for moisturizing masks that just seem to coat the skin, @itsfi. To use them without throwing them out completely. 

Maybe use them on elbows or soles/heels of foot @eshoe? Or for a DIY hand mask or foot mask?

A foot mask sounds good, @itsfi. Thanks for the suggestion!

Good to know the skinfood coconut is a pass @eshoe . I looked at this one and decided on the lemon instead.. though I havenโ€™t tried it just yet. 

Bioderma has been a solid product line for me. I could see where itโ€™s a great no nonsense, sensitive skin safe brand.  Glad you liked it!

I have the cranberry one and love it, @missjeanie. Iโ€™m guessing the lemon will will good too-the jelly ones are better in my opinion!

I love the Bioderma, you sent me so many different products to try, too-thank you๐Ÿ˜Š

I spot a fresh vitamin nectar mask I'd like to try. @eshoe 

It was great @l8totheparty just be prepped to get a little messy! That mask was a bonus of being a part of the Winter TSB courtesy of @CC3616 ๐Ÿ˜Š

@eshoe @lmaster you have such pretty trash. My mask packages get destroyed20190630_113439.jpg

Huh? How did that happen @ShortErica? That looks like the craft where you need eye holes and stab at it and the scissors are way too dull๐Ÿง

Haha. I tore the top to get the mask out. Then to get the extra serum I cut down the side. Totally myself to blame @eshoe. But I want every bit of product/serum I can get!

We could use one of those devices made to get every drop of toothpaste out of the tube, but mask-sized @ShortErica.A5398974-B9A6-440D-B617-3AFCB3D2EFE4.jpeg

testing