cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

What an exciting amount of products! @MoniDJ 

Empties - 2019

July Empties! Between my monthly empties and a recent large declutter, I am starting to feel like my collection is starting to get under control.

Impressive you got through a lot 

Dang, @Lazybeautybeast, that's impressive!

Look at all those great empties @Lazybeautybeast! 😃 Nice work getting through everything! 

Wow, this is a lot of product! @Lazybeautybeast 

wow fantastic job @Lazybeautybeast

wow fantastic job @Lazybeautybeast

Which bawdy did you prefer @Lazybeautybeast? Also I'm curious about the erborian. Is it glowy/shiny and what shade did you use and how would you describe yourself? Thanks so much!

@ShortErica I think I preferred the squeeze it out of the...

@ShortErica I think I preferred the squeeze it out of the two masks. I have the shade Clair in the erborian cc creme. I really liked it. I actually grabbed the full size last month with my 20% Ulta coupon after trying this DS. I'm usually fair with neutral-ish undertones with combo skin. I usually have a hard time finding a BB or CC cream that doesn't pull orange/too dark on my skin tone. This one is a little on the pink side for me but I like the way it looks. The other BB I like recently is the bosica one in the lightest shade. I've also had luck with the Dr. Jart CC cream. The coola one is nice too but much lighter coverage. I usually wear the erborian cc creme like foundation so I do my skincare, prime my face, apply it with my fingers, and set it with a powder. It I don't set it, I get oily. I use my fingers to apply it because it comes out white and adjusts to match my skin as I rub it in. It's a light coverage and gives me a "my skin but better" look. It is not nearly as illuminating as other products especially if you set it. I usually shy away from complexion products that claim "illuminating", "glowy", "dewy" or "radiant" because they usually make me look shiny or greasy but I was pleasantly surprised by this one.

Re: @ShortErica I think I preferred the squeeze it out of the...

This is WONDERFUL @Lazybeautybeast - thank you! I think I'm fair with a neutral undertone. I could work with the Dr. Jart+ cicapair cream but I wasn't sold on it for the price. The BB cream was slightly dark and pink on me but I enjoyed the product otherwise (texture, wear, coverage). I find IT Cosmetics too thick and dark and yellow. Bare Minerals I found too dewy. It gave me the shiny/maybe greasy kind of look. That's not my style either. I prefer natural maybe leaning matte. I'll definitely have to pick up a sample. Thanks so much for all this feedback on it and comparisons!

Weekly emptiesLovesLoves

LikeLike

LikesLikes

Spoiler
The whole foods foot mask is a like at the moment and could move onto loves in the next two weeks 😉😅

Team Peel over here @lmaster 😄

I sure hope it peels @eshoe that's so satisfying 😂

This is seriously one time when I can say I am happy to be on the masking sidelines, @lmaster. It’s not so much about the peeling but the unexpected-ness of it all.

@eshoe the anticipation was getting to me 😆

Dang it now I am gonna have to go try one for myself @lmaster

@eshoe I'm very impressed with how different this peel is

@lmaster Every time I see your empties it reminds me that I need to step up my masking 🙂 

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT this was a great week,, loved so many newbies

@RebeccaBT this was a great week,, loved so many newbies

Empties from April through now. 

Loves:

lovejul19.jpglovejuly192.jpgmasklovejuly19.jpg

Spoiler
glowy base!
Leahlani balancing toner- very hydrating despite the name "balancing" and scent is very refreshing. I would repurchase this (again, things to use up first).
Leahlani siren brightening serum- Actually this should have been in the likes. I enjoyed it but didn't see huge results/wouldn't purchase it.
Leahlani mahina evening elixir- Loved this. Honestly the product results were okay, nothing out of this world. A good solid product, but not a life changer. BUT the scent was so lovely and calming that I might get a big bottle to douse myself in it. 
Mahalo Petal mask- Loved this. The scent was stronger than I prefer but not overwhelming. Very calming and hydrating, left a little bit of blood flow redness that subsided quickly. Want to invest in this but a little hesitant about getting through a large expensive jar in time.
Mahalo Bean mask- Soothing and refreshing, skin was nice and happy after. I would purchase this in a heartbeat if there was a smaller jar but don't use this type of mask enough for a large jar. I will defiantly get a sample again.
St Tropez gradual tan tinted- Big fan of st tropez so wasn't surprised to enjoy this. 
DE B hydra serum- After a run in with framboos serum 3 years ago, I was super reluctant to try anything DE. After loving baby facial, I decided to give another DE product a try and I'm glad I did. Great results, would definitely consider purchasing FS.
Merbliss wedding dress mask- this was so luxurious, I am buying 10 and for sure saving one for my wedding weekend! Thank you  !
Lapcos oil mask- Another brand I've had a run in with before, usually lapcos masks are way too strongly scented for me. When eshoe sent this one as well, it came with a scent warning but I was intrigued by the oil concept and wanted to try it anyways. Scent was strong but not too much, great hydrating results. Will purchase!
Mediheal aloe mask- also from eshoe (girl thanks!!! <3) this mask was super soothing and hydrating. 
Tatcha dewy skin mask- This is a nice luxury but not something I'd use frequently due to price.

likejuly192.jpglikejul19.jpgmasklikejuly19.jpg

Spoiler
Likes- Items that are no harm/no foul and would use again but likely won't repurchase.
New to me/considerable mentions:
Vita coco coconut oil- I love coconut oil! this was okay, it was a little lumpy and harder to "melt down" than some others.
Davines oi shampoo- I actually destashed half a bottle because I am using olaplex with such great results that I can't go back! I like the davines it's just not HG for me anymore
Dr Jart cicapair cream- another long timer in my routine that might not be an HG anymore. I have a couple mini's I will keep evaluating with while I play with some new samples.
Clarins body scrub- worked well but did not like the strong scent.
Chantecaille retinol body lotion- Liked but wouldn't purchase at the price.
May Lindstrom blue cocoon- Teeterd on this a lot between like and love. I did really like the natural earthy scent and it felt soft and luxurious going on, but if I used it at night hydration didn't always last all night. Occasionally after use I had some irritation but I'm not sure it's related or not. I would definitely want to use more of this to pinpoint where it falls. 
Guerlain toner- Again liked but not something I would likely invest in. Scent was stronger than expected but tolerable. 

Nope:

nojuly19.jpg

Spoiler
My skin freaked after I used this. It dried up hard/crusty on my forehead and my skin was angry red when I took it off and super dry. I had a lot of flaking/dryness for 4-5 days and coddling with hydrating heroes to recover. I'm not sure what the trigger was, the ingredients list isn't "clean" by any means but no big heavy irritation hitters either. Anyone else had a hard time with this one? 

And some from traveling

travelmay.jpg

Spoiler
Love: bare republic sunscreen, body butter, dr dart BB
Hate: Goodness Garden sunscreen. Applied bright white, didn't rub in, didn't spray well.
Rest are okay.

So many fun-sized samples!  Loved your reviews. Must step of my garbage review game. 😊 @CC3616 

5 Replies
testing