cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

@quspork I've actually seen it at my local TJs in the last couple of weeks.  It kind of trickled out of stock awhile ago but I think it's making a comeback so you might start checking.

That's awesome news, @CookieGirl1! I haven't seen it at our local stores yet, but I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled!

Not sure how old all these empties are, but Iโ€™m finally remembering to post them in this thread. ๐Ÿ˜„ Some of these were empty months ago, others I just finished last week. 

Loves and likes: 

Left: loves  |  Right: like โ€˜em but wonโ€™t repurchaseLeft: loves | Right: like โ€˜em but wonโ€™t repurchase

Spoiler
Left: loves. These are mostly longtime staples I frequently repurchase. 

- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion is one of the few body lotions my skin loves. No greasiness or overpowering fragrance, and it does what body lotionโ€™s supposed to do. It just works, man. Sometimes it helps calm any red irritation on my face. 

- Skinfix Eczema Hand Repair Cream is a recently discovered love (thanks again to Sephora for the gratis); Iโ€™ve got 2 more unopened tubes and will definitely buy more for the winter. This stuff is magic. 

- YTTP Superfood Moisturizer is my AM and PM moisturizing cream. I rave about it often. I always empty it (in near total darkness, as quickly as I can so as not to introduce too much air into the product) into an airless vacuum pump jar, which I just refilled 2 days ago. 

- Benefit Precisely My Brow Pencil is my second favorite brow pencil. Even though it
doesnโ€™t get daily use anymore, I like to keep one on hand in case I run out of my Kimiko pencil. 

- The Ordinary Buffet has quickly become a favorite; I use it once or twice daily. Iโ€™m SUPER excited that itโ€™s now available at Ulta, where I can use points to restock it. 

- SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Conditioner is my leave-in conditioner. My hair has adored this stuff for years. Itโ€™s one of the only SheaMoisture products thatโ€™s continued to work well for me after various reformulations. 

- Camille Rose Fresh Curl works for me as a morning hair moisturizer. I usually spritz water on my coils, then immediately scrunch in this product. 

- Crabtree & Evelyn Jojoba Oil Body Wash is my favorite shower gel. Sadly, C&E discontinued it a year or 2 ago. ๐Ÿ˜ž I was able to grab bottles at TJMaxx and Marshalls for months, but not anymore. I donโ€™t know why C&E keeps discontinuing their best products. 

- Crabtree & Evelyn Gardeners Hand Soap - this is not the same formula currently sold at C&E direct. That newer one doesnโ€™t contain rosemary; this older formula does. The newer formula makes my hands very itchy. This old formula is fantastic. And itโ€™s now harder to find anywhere... sigh. I have 2 bottles left in storage. 

Right: things I used to use often but wonโ€™t (or canโ€™t) repurchase. 

- Shiseido Facial Cotton - I finally finished this pack last week. ๐Ÿ˜„ I love these but have no need for them since Iโ€™ve switched to reusable cotton/bamboo rounds. 

- Crabtree & Evelyn Gardeners Hand Sanitizer is something Iโ€™d repurchase if C&E still made it. (Seriously, what the heck is their business strategy? How do they stay in business? :D) It leaves my hands moisturized and I love the rosemary scent. I have one more bottle left. 

- Lancรดme Genefique Yeux Light Pearl is the eye serum I used to use each day and night. That ended when I started the DDG retinol & ferulic acid eye serum. I finally used up the rest of this Lancรดme serum 2 weeks ago on other parts of my face. Iโ€™m going to keep the applicator: itโ€™s a steel ball on a flexible stem that feels soooo niceโ€”very coolingโ€”in the morning. ๐Ÿ™‚ I wanna use it to apply my DDG serum! 

- Agent Nateur No. 3 was my everyday deodorant until I tried Routine deodorants. I canโ€™t believe Iโ€™m saying this but, Iโ€™m calling it quits with Agent Nateur. Routine works that much better for me. I have one more tube (a travel size) of No. 3 to use up. 

- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream has been replaced by the Skinfix hand cream, which is much more moisturizing for me. 

- Estรฉe Lauder Advanced Night Repair used to be my nightly serum. Iโ€™ve had this empty bottle for a while. I still think this is a good serum, but I like others moreโ€”and they cost less. 

- Lancรดme micellar water - this isnโ€™t their Bi-Facil Face version, itโ€™s their plain olโ€™ micellar water. It works well on everything but eye makeup, and I like that it comes in a pump bottle. But I like Bi-Facil Face more. Actually, I like Tarteโ€™s Micellar Magic even better. 

Dislikes and hates: 

A whole lotta nope.A whole lotta nope.

Spoiler
Aveeno Stress Relief lotion is waaaay too fragranced for me. I like the smell of lavender but this stuffโ€™s overkill (and it doesnโ€™t even smell like true lavender), plus itโ€™s not as nicely moisturizing as the plain olโ€™ daily moisture lotion. Itโ€™s taken me almost a year of using it only on my feet and ankles ๐Ÿ˜„ but this bottleโ€™s finally empty! 

YTTP Superfood Cleanser is much too drying for my skin. This is the second chance Iโ€™ve given this cleanser, thinking โ€œmaybe now that the rest of my skincare routineโ€™s knocked out most of my dry patches, this cleanser will work better.โ€ I was wrong. Sorry YTTP, I love you but my skin hates your cleanser. I wonโ€™t bother using the rest of this mini. 

Kiehlโ€™s Lip Balm No. 1 - Iโ€™m so relieved this tubeโ€™s finally empty. I did not enjoy using this balm. Itโ€™s not nearly moisturizing enough, and I had to reapply it every 1-2 hours or switch to good olโ€™ Aquaphor. 

FAB Ultra Repair Cream is something I liked a lot at first. Then I realized how often I had to reapply it to keep my hands moisturized. ๐Ÿ˜ I donโ€™t hate it, but I wonโ€™t repurchase it. 

Skyn Iceland Micellar Water - something in this irritates my face. Took me half the bottle to realize that last year. I spent several months using it with the Shiseido cotton squares to remove makeup swatches and custom shade blends from my hands and arms. Had to quickly rinse my hand/arm afterward to avoid lots of itchiness. Ugh. 

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser left a weird coating on my face I wanted to wash off, especially on my oily zone. It didnโ€™t cut through my sunscreen very well. And it caused a reaction of little bumps on part of my face. 3 strikes. 

@WinglessOne I'm sorry that you don't like the YTTP cleanser--it's actually one of my favorites!  Totally agree with you on the Fresh Soy cleanser, though.  I know it's a staple for a lot of people but I don't like how it feels and I HATE how it smells.

@CookieGirl1  Yeah, many folks love the YTTP cleanser. Iโ€™m glad it works for others. Iโ€™m just not one of them. Same with the Fresh cleanser, which does have a rather strong scent. While using it, I tried to convince myself it was a cucumber smell ๐Ÿ˜„ but that wasnโ€™t really it. I donโ€™t hate the smell but it is kinda obnoxious. 

@WinglessOne Let's be real.  It smells like an ungodly mixture of cucumber and grass.  I'm not a fan...neither is my face.

@CookieGirl1  ๐Ÿ˜‚ Now see, cucumber + grass is a scent I could handle. (I love grassy scents.) But the Fresh cleanser has some other weird smellโ€”super strong almost-cucumber + something I canโ€™t quite identify. Itโ€™s not as bad as the Tata Harper rotting dandelions smell (I cant tolerate that odor at all). But I can see why some people hate it. 

Lol!  @WinglessOne I love the "rotting dandelions" descriptor.  

great job! @WinglessOne love your empties

great job! @WinglessOne love your empties

Re: great job! @WinglessOne love your empties

Thanks @lmaster ! Iโ€™ll try to remember to save empties for this thread. Iโ€™m usually too quick to take everything to the trash/recycling bin. 

Re: great job! @WinglessOne love your empties

I know @WinglessOne I've never tried to keep any empties before, but now it's very satisfying ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜

I love the Buffet as well. I use it every morning and it makes my skin bright and nourished with its peptide love.  I also use the Niacinamide every evening.  I'm loving many of the Ordinary products I use. 

I have the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair as well, and I don't think I like it too much.  I thought I did but then I think it may have been causing me breakouts. So I've paused and restarted twice now.  It's too expensive to toss.  Ugh.  It hasn't gotten any love from me lately.

@WinglessOne 

@l8totheparty  For me, the ANR serum was especially nice on exfoliation nights. It felt like a soothing smoothie after the DDG peels. (I stopped using those peels because of alcohol burn.) And itโ€™s a good antioxidant boost. But for the price, I can easily sub it. Thereโ€™s another Estรฉe Lauder serum most folks like betterโ€”I donโ€™t recall the name but it comes in a purple bottleโ€”but my skin had a very bumpy reaction to it, so nope. 

My my only complaint about Buffet is its lack of antioxidants. But other steps in my routine make up for that. ๐Ÿ™‚ The Ordinary does make very good stuff! 

Hm.  Antioxidants.  What are some recommendations for products with antioxidants?  I don't think I've been looking at that.  @WinglessOne 

@l8totheparty  Well, there are so many antioxidants, I canโ€™t list them all, let alone remember 1/2 of them. ๐Ÿ˜„ Different antioxidants can help protect skin from pollutants, as well as brighten, firm, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, soothe redness, and balance uneven skin tone. Vitamins C, E, and A (retinol) are antioxidants most folks know and love. Other common antioxidant ingredients are green/black/white/ tea, ferulic acid, coQ10, various berries, vitamin B3 (niacinamide, already one of your best friends ๐Ÿ™‚ ), and plenty more Iโ€™m forgetting right now. Some facial oils, like rosehip, are also good sources of antioxidants. 

My moisturizer contains green tea, kale, with vitamins C, E, and B5 (panthenol), so I get 2 daily doses of antioxidants, plus more if I also use one of my face oils. My eye serum contains ferulic acid and retinol. Iโ€™m using a 1% retinol serum twice a week now. And I do have a vitamin C serum that contains a mix of antioxidants but honestly, Iโ€™m not sure yet if I like it. 

Ok, whew. I seem to have a lot of those popular ingredients in my skincare.  Here I was worried I had none. ๐Ÿ™„ 

I do wonder at times if I might be overlapping hard in some areas, but as long as it isn't in the exfoliants, I'm not as concerned at the moment. 

I have found that I'm not able to use vitamin C everyday, as my skin ends up flushed with it if used that often.  I'm currently going for a once every couple of days sort of thing, seeing what works. 

Thanks for all the info!

@WinglessOne 

Great empties @WinglessOne! Love The Ordinary Buffet serum; I'm thinking about trying out The Ordinary Buffet + Copper Peptides. That stinks about the Crabtree & Evelyn products - hopefully your TJ Maxx / Marshalls will have more of them again - the ones near me restock certain things in waves.I remember seeing a lot of them a few months ago, then nothing and now I see a couple here and there - I'll keep an eye out for you.

Thanks @itsfi ! There was a C&E outlet store at a Florida outlet mall I used to visit while visiting my parents. That place was a treasure trove of discontinued products. It disappeared last year. โ˜น๏ธ Now Iโ€™m searching for a new body wash; Iโ€™ve got several on deck to try, including a Lush one I usually only use in the winter. But Iโ€™d be thrilled to have bottles of that jojoba body wash again.

Iโ€™ve also considered trying Buffet + Copper Peptides. The color concerns me a bit ๐Ÿ˜‚ but at such a low price, itโ€™s probably worth trying. I just restocked 2 bottles of regular Buffet, so Iโ€™ll wait til theyโ€™re empty before buying the copper peptides version. 

I have also wondered about trying the copper Buffet out as well!  I more regular to go and then it may happen. @WinglessOne @itsfi 

April.jpg

My empties from April. Someone wouldn't let me get a decent photo lol.

Love-
BBW Summer Nights Lotion
Wax Melts
Gucci Guilty

Ok-
Marc Jacobs Mod Noir
Schmidt's Deodorant

Hate-
Juicy Couture Majestic Woods-Destash

No Opinion-
Clairins Body Tonic
Sephora Coconut Mask

Destash-
Whish Iced Fig Body Gel
Taylor Swift Body Gel

Total-43/100.

@Samtian your kitty looks a lot like my Marmite (who also likes to get in the way when I'm trying to photograph things).

1 Reply
testing