cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

@itsfi Is it easier to use than Slaii? Sometimes Slaii doesn’t dissolve well for me.

@faeriegirl, the texture / consistency of the Farmacy balm is softer and easier to work with than DE Slaai. I like both but the Farmacy melts/dissolves more easily and quickly.

glad to hear you liked the farmacy cleansing balm @itsfi.

glad to hear you liked the farmacy cleansing balm @itsfi.

Re: glad to hear you liked the farmacy cleansing balm @itsfi.

It's a nice one @lmaster! I now have 3 cleansing balms and 2 cleansing oils in rotation year-round for my first cleanse. lol! 🙂

April empties!  I had 17 loves, 11 likes, 12 meh's and 15 nopes.  The 55 empties for April bring me up to 187 for the year so far.

All togetherAll together

Loves:

Spoiler
Bioderma is a go to for me.  I use it as a quick clean in the mornings some days, and to take off eye makeup. I have another on the go already.
Drunk Elephant Protini - a lovely day time moisturizer.  I'm on the fence about a repurchase simply due to the price.  I felt like I went through this rather quickly. 
MUFE finishing powder - one of my favourites.  I really enjoy the pressed version. I figured I should finish up the travel size and full size since I'd had them on the go for a while.  I really like that they don't change the colour of my concealer.
The Stila lip liner is a great one.  The colour zinfindal is a great my lips but better colour for me and I like that it twists up.  Makes it easier than carrying a sharpener around with me.
The Coola SPF 30 primer was a surprise.  I had this sample and forgot about it.  I needed to use it up before it expired and found that it's a lovely product.  Left a nice mattifying effect and smoothed out my skin.
The sample pods were the Nars sheer luminous foundation (formula was great, colour was too dark) and the YTTP Superberry Mask ( I quite like this... but I have a few sleeping masks on the go at the moment) I'll use some of mine up then purchase this!
All of these masks were great.  The eye warming masks were fabulous.  I'm a huge fan now.  Soooo relaxing! The Murad peel is super gentle, but still effective.  

LovesLoves

The Likes

Spoiler
All of these masks were good solid masks.  The Ordinary toner was good, but not great, granted I'm not a huge toner fan. The duo lash glue is nice, this one just dried out.  I only wear lashes a few times a year so I don't go through much glue.  The Cover FX clear cover was good.  I'd use it again.  I'd purchase if I found a deal on it, but probably wouldn't seek it out. I've just used a lot of other sunscreens/primers that I prefer. Hourglass caution mascara was nice, but I just had higher expectations?  I would use it again, but it didn't beat out my favourites. 

LikesLikes

The meh's

Spoiler
The Shiseido setting spray was a decent product, it had a gel like consistency, and a bit of a light herbal scent, but the sprayer on this one wasn't all that.  I got some blobs on my face when using, but they didn't leave marks.  Could be a great product if they fixed the sprayer.
The Garner hair masks smelled AMMMMAZING.  I still found that I had a lot of tangles after using them though.  Back to my Amika.

The Meh'sThe Meh's

The Nopes

Spoiler
The ProDerm products were from a medical spa.  They were gels for after my laser hair removal and IPL treatment on a dark spot.  They were okay for their intended uses but were hella expensive.  I'm pretty sure I could have found other products that could do the same for less $$. I'm still working on a stockpile of random hotel soaps that my SO keeps bringing home... why???? The Korres sleeping mask smelled awful... I ended up using it on my legs to get rid of it.  My legs did feel nice the next day though so theres that.  The random hair mascara to cover grey hair was dried up beyond use when I first got to open it.  Dud. The polishes were all dried out.  The Proactive moisturizer was used on my legs to use it up.  Not the best for my face skin. 

The NopesThe Nopes

Wow, @missjeanie, amazing job using your products!

Thanks @curlychiquita !

Wowwy @missjeanie! You did good last month! 🙂 

April was my “Im just gonna use this on my legs” month @itsfi ! Was time to get soMe stuff outta my cabinets/drawers!

I'm thinking about using some of my scrubs on my arms and legs.  I mean, I'm already using serums on my neck, decolletage,  and backs of hands besides my face.  Skincare shouldn't just be about the face.  Granted, sometimes it is just about using it up.

Hahaha! Yessss! Sometimes we have to repurpose products to get through them @missjeanie! Way to be resourceful and creative! 🙂

Fantastic empties @missjeanie!

Thanks @faeriegirl ! Gonna try to push to use up more samples in May!

I need to do the same @missjeanie! My sample drawer is getting full😊

Now THAT is a pile of empties, @missjeanie

Lol... the bag I use to collect them in was overflowing @quspork !

@missjeanie excellent girl! you got through tons!

@missjeanie excellent girl! you got through tons!

Re: @missjeanie excellent girl! you got through tons!

Thanks @lmaster , makes me feel better about all my sale purchases. I was glad to get through a few full sizes!

Some empties for the week:CAB98EDB-6C4C-4CE4-A1E9-5B23E5291815.jpeg

E2629C19-5AAE-452C-A6EF-119E8B71F9D8.jpeg

252A0489-945F-4390-B1C8-642A5C3D399D.jpeg

Spoiler
Also finished another Burt’s Bees lip crayon and Dr.Teal’s epsom salt in Eucalyptus. Too strong of a scent for me, happy to be done!

The SDJ was great, I might purchase that in FS as it’s one of the nicer exfoliating scrubs I’ve tried, plus that scent🤩 Love And will likely purchase a FS of the June Jacobs Papaya Enzyme Mask, it’s a soothing creamy piña colada-scented mask that is such a treat to wear.

The HydroPeptide exfoliating Cleanser has a rubber scent, I tried it once and cannot stomach using it again. 

Just about all of the masks were great (💕 the Hey, Lo)  or at least good, the Wish Formula Panda Eye Mask is a new 💗, thanks @lmaster

Totals for April:
FS.11

DS 21

Foils 20

Masks 36

@eshoe, that Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Conditioner looks so interesting. I have a DS of the shampoo version and am kicking myself for not asking for a sample when I was in the store in Canada last month; will have to get a sample of it here.

@itsfi the shampoo is wonderful! I am kicking myself for not picking both up at Costco a couple months ago. Both are exceptional in my opinion. Not many shampoo/conditioner combos from the same brand work for me, but this is one. That must have been an interesting store to visit🤩

1 Reply
testing