cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: there's something amazing about the farmacy cleansing bal...

@lmaster, the Farmacy cleansing balm, the original and the deliciously scented limited edition cherry one, are wonderful! Loove. It's not over-the-top to have 3 or 4 cleansing balms in rotation, is it? Hahaha! I've been impressed with Farmacy; lots of great products from the brand. ๐Ÿ™‚

Re: there's something amazing about the farmacy cleansing bal...

Couldn't agree more @itsfi ๐Ÿ’œ

Re: Empties - 2019

Weekly trash  @faeriegirl I'm so glad I decided to try the peace out acne dots, they may cost a bit more than maskeraide, but they are worth it. They are thicker and perform so much better! The verb spray was ok, I don't like the way it sprayed out the bottle, but it wasn't a bad product. Tried out some self tanning wipes I received in allure box a couple months ago,, this is a gimicky product,,I know people can not like these things! It's too hard to actually keep the cloth over your hand while trying to wipe it on your self. The coola silk just made my skin too oily looking, I don't like masks I have to mix, and the scent of the spirulina mask was not for me. The skII didn't do much if anything for me eitherLovesLoves

LikeLike

DislikesDislikes

Thanks @lmaster thatโ€™s a lot of empties ๐Ÿ˜ฑ yuck I donโ€™t like having to mix stuff.  Verb is meh re the spray.  Iโ€™ve had good results with Ouai and IGK.  My daughters like the ghost shampoo and conditioner from Verb.  The Bumble and Bumble Sea Spray isnโ€™t bad either.  The best Spirulina is in IGK spray that keeps your hair frizz free and shiny.  It doesnโ€™t smell like grass either lol.  More like sweet candy.  Iโ€™ve never tried SKII but itโ€™s crazy expensive so for the money I could do Botox haaaa.  

Botox has been on my mind recently @2manyperfumes ๐Ÿค”

Iโ€™ve done it and no regrets.  Itโ€™s a personal choice and itโ€™s not for everyone.  Helped my migraines and my permanent frown and droopy eyelid.  I donโ€™t want eyelid surgery.  

I never thought of it for the eyelids! @2manyperfumes @lmaster I have always had droopy lids and they have only gotten more obvious with time. Plus my frown lines might be really fine at this point, but I donโ€™t want more. The kids really make makeup application more challenging. Iโ€™m totally going to search out local Botox doc. I do get a monthly microdermabrasion, makes my face feel like toddler cheeks... so worth it. 

I searched out a licensed clinic and Botox should only be used in upper face not below your cheekbones or around mouth.  I get the minimal every 5-6 months in between my eyes around my forehead and temples.  I also get one the brow area where my eyelid started to slide and bug my vision on the right eye.  You can see itโ€™s slightly lower than my left.  My left eye the outer lid was sliding annoying me when driving or tired because it would push my lid down so I couldnโ€™t see properly peripherally.  The tension headaches and migraines are almost completely gone which I canโ€™t tell you what a relief that has been.  Plus my 11โ€™s between my brows have faded.  Deep deep lines canโ€™t be removed just relaxed.  

@2manyperfumes thank you so much! I need some education on this topic lol I probably will try it for forehead lines and tiny crows feet,,, and lip lines uughhhh

No one escapes them @lmaster ๐Ÿ™€

@Weetart @2manyperfumes how much does Botox run off you don't mind me asking,,, and does a dermatologist do this or a different kind of Dr?

Hi @lmaster here in Ontario the units run $10/ea with the average person requiring around $250.  Thereโ€™s a generic version which is a bit lighter and doesnโ€™t last as long for about $8/unit.  Itโ€™s important to find a good practioner because everyoneโ€™s muscles move differently so there is a learning curve to make sure itโ€™s done right (no one wants to raise or lower their eyebrows to much) or cause one to droop.  Thankfully itโ€™s not permanent lol I havenโ€™t had any reactions to the Botox.  They also use it if your a teeth grinder or have jaw issues but that needs a really technical doctor or nurse to administer properly because of the nerves in the lower part of our faces.  I wear sunscreen and take care of my skin, take vitamins and considering the laser therapy similar to @Weetart .  Itโ€™s expensive but really helps with hyperpigmentation and pores, scars etc.  Itโ€™s $600.  When I lost over 50 pounds I lost a lot of volume in my face and some sagging.  Iโ€™ve havenโ€™t altered my looks but regained the volume to keep the elasticity in my skin with some fillers and the Botox.  I spent a lot on skincare at Sephora so I tallied it up and thought OMG last year and decided to redirect that amount and find a good doctor lol.  It was so subtle my husband didnโ€™t notice because I donโ€™t want a new face I just want to preserve and take care of what I have.  

I tried the skii essence and actually found that I got similar results to when I used the maycoop raw sauce (can find it on peachandlily) at a much better price point

Thank you @lmaster!

@faeriegirl you're so welcome

@lmaster Great masking this week!  I have that spirulina mask to try out as well!

@missjeanie thanks!! I did not like it!! I did review it, not sure where the heck the review went, but I would of graded it a D ๐Ÿ˜‚ I b thought the scent was terrible.

March Empties... I didn't have quite the volume last night, but I finished off a few things that I've really been trying to get through.

This month had 14 loves, 11 likes, 17 meh, and 6 nopes for a total of 48 empties bringing my year to date up to 132!

Loves:

Spoiler
Amika Triple Rx Mask - best hair mask I've found yet! TJ Maxx pricing makes it even better!
Esfolio Foot Mask- I kept it on for about 4 hours and I found that the tops of my feet peeled first after about two days.  The bottoms of my feet are peeling now about a week and a bit later.  My feet are still peeling but I can see that parts are much softer.  It does look like the areas on the top of my foot that peeled first might have had a bit of a harsher time with the acids though.  They almost look slightly bruised? I'm still happy that they actually worked!
DE Lala - Love this stuff used it as a day and night creme all winter, still using it at night!
Vita Genic Jelly masks - great masks from and .  Going to need to pick up some of these!  Hydrating, no nonsense masks that made my face look good!
Yadah Snail masks - a favourite that was easy on the bank thanks to Winners.  My skin has found out it loves snail juice!
Armani Si - such a lovely fragrance.  Going to pick this up in a travel size sometime this year, guaranteed!
OH Power Bright - I'd tried the sugar polish before and quite liked it, and this three step mask is a great way to still have a good scrub combined with a chemical exfoliant.  I can get two to three uses out of one set of pods.
Masque Creme Sheet mask - LOVED this!  Creamy serum, super hydrating, gave my skin some nice bounce.  I looked clearer and brighter afterwards!
Skyn Iceland eye gels - Thanks to eshoe for gifting me some of these.  They almost stick onto your skin and leave such a lovely effect.  I'd would imagine with prolonged use they'd be extra amazing!

Spoiler
Murad Hydro Glow Aqua Peel - I waited to use this thinking it might be too harsh.  Not at all, very gentle, but did a great job.  Firmly in the like catagory at the moment, could move into loves depending how future uses go.
Milk Mascara - I liked this, loved the brush, thought the formula was good.  My two favourites are still TF BTS and MJ Velvet Noir. This one smudged just a touch by end of day.
Hi Pro Pac Japanese Matcha Green Tea Hair Mask- had a nice scent, was from Walmart for maybe 3 dollars?  I'd use it again, but it's not as great as my Amika Triple Rx
Philosophy Microdelivery Peel - My feelings on this fluctuate.  It's messy to use, you apply one layer, wait a minute, then apply the second layer on top, wait another 15, then 'shave' it off with a spatula.  I never thought the effects were amazing, but after my last use, I really liked it.
Glossier Primer -- really reminds me of the TF Hangover Rx primer that I forgot I had a full size of that wasn't opened.  -- will use up the TF'd lol
Lapcos Skin First Oil Wrap Mask - Amazing serum!!  but the fabric the mask is made of is kinda stiff, not super comfortable to wear.

Meh:

Spoiler
The Philosophy Black Cherry Soda body lotion smelled amazing!  This was a project pan for me mostly because I'm horrible at using body lotion.
The Living Proof Hairspray ran out of propellant way before it ran out of product so I only actually used maybe half of it.
Body Shop bath fizz -- this was okay, but I prefer bigger lush style bath bombs, or something that offers a bit ... more?

Nopes:

Spoiler
The KMS shampoo & conditioner was okay I'm sure for a lot of people.  It cleaned my hair.  The conditioner wasn't enough for my long hair. It was onsale at a salon and I got talked into it.  My bad, I should have known.
Cake Dry Shampoo -- smelled nice, but left a dull white cast.  The Amika dry shampoo is my all time favourite, but even my drug store favourite, Batiste is better than this.
Aveeno Body Wash - I like a lot of fragrance in my body wash, this one just wasn't for me personally.  If you like the scent it's a fine wash.
Skinn lip scrub - this thing tasted like gross flowery perfume.  Dear makers of lip masks... they need to taste okay to be scrubbed all over my lips.
Tarte Maracuja Oil Concealer - I have dry under eyes with a lot of blue discoloration. In order to get enough pigment, I had to layer, but with layers it stayed too wet, so I'd need to powder, then it just looked like a mess with my eye folds. The container also broke at the edge of the top.  Was time to declutter.

Everything all togetherEverything all togetherLovesLovesLikesLikesmehmehnopesnopes

Good to know what you thought about the Cake dry shampoo, @missjeanie.  I actually came close to buying it the other day but maybe I won't...

I thought it would be nice to try since it's available at SDM and I was spending points.  It was a waste @CookieGirl1 .  I used it up.  But I'd never grab it again.  Plain ol' baby powder would have been preferable. The only thing going for it was a decent scent. You made a solid choice.

Trash goals @missjeanie ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

9 Replies
testing