cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

awesome empties! @jen81

awesome empties! @jen81

Re: Empties - 2019

@jen81 You have inspired me to do some destashing when I get home! Great job! 

Best,
Rebecca

Great destash @jen81 ! 

Empties for the first week of May.DDB60D7B-5151-45A7-A21C-FBB159D6613B.jpeg

Spoiler
The star of the show was easily Charlotte Tilbury’s Legendary Lashes. No need for primer. Separated and thickened, a nice dramatic lash for my ‘no-makeup’ eyeliner only days. Love, have another DS and will repurchase. The Milk did grip my makeup but pilled like the majority of primers I try. Could be my skin, seems like a good product but I am tossing due to repeated attempts to make it work and having to completely start my makeup application process all over again. The Ouai makes a great detangler for my daughter’s hair. 

To say this week’s masks were a mixed bag would be an understatement. The Beautytrix is a great ‘I-don’t-want-to-think-about-masking’ but my skin needs some 💗 mask. Enjoyed the Lychee mask and the Moschino bear 🐻 was fun and had a nice serum. Then When is a regular. I liked this Centella mask (low expectations almost always yield high results). 

I’m not a huge fan of Tony Moly masks but  @lmaster reviewed the peach one awhile back and I was curious. I like. I could actually do with an entire packet of small masks (like Kocostar does) to spot-mask, but the sheet mask over it was nice. A little too tacky for my liking but I look forward to trying out the other ones I purchased now. The Patchology Eye mask was great but I have a dupe I prefer that is much less $. However I think from now on it would be fun to stick one of these in a card to someone for fun, they are the perfect size.

The Masque*ology I’m still contemplating. The Honey Mask was aged so I can’t really comment on what this mask is like. I am hoping to pick up a newer version in a store.

922468D8-DEC6-492E-A506-54D27F6D4F5E.jpeg

Such a bummer about the honey masks being sent out so old @eshoe .  I hope you have better luck in store.  And now you've added the CT mascara to my list to checkout!

@missjeanie The lychee Mask was sooooo good in comparison! It was only 9 months old;)

😂😂😂

@eshoe So many good items! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

Thanks @RebeccaBT!

sounds like the centella mask was better than the broccol...

sounds like the centella mask was better than the broccoli mask I tried, now I'm hopeful in trying that one @eshoe

Re: sounds like the centella mask was better than the broccol...

Low expectations @lmaster. I didn’t expect anything out of it so I was pleasantly surprised;)

Re: sounds like the centella mask was better than the broccol...

@eshoe 😂 yep I'm with you there! Gosh to see that it wasn't near the experience I had with the broccoli version 👍

Doing some catch up with sheet mask empties for most of this month. First pic are all loves; last pic are the rest, mostly likes, some maybes.

IMG_7418.JPG

Spoiler
Top row:
Spoiler
  • Skinceuticals Biocellulose Restorative Masque – pricey but great for after an intense peel; adheres well and feels cooling on the skin; soothes and hydrates skin.
  • Whole Foods Biocellulose Mask Nourishing Royal Jelly – ingredients list on this one is fabulous
  • Neogen Sur.Medic+ Super Hyaluronic 100 Aqua Mask – this thin, cotton sheet mask leaves my skin looking and feeling refreshed and hydrated; loved this as a pre-flight mask
  • Annie’s Way Pearl + Hyaluronic Acid Brightening Mask – I’ve been very impressed with the masks I’ve tried in this line from Annie’s Way – the material is soft and my complexion looks bright and hydrated
Middle row:
Spoiler
  • Laneige Water Pocket Sheet Mask Water Bank (4 Moisturizing) – the material on this one is sooo thin and I love it. I also love how the mask leaves my skin plump and hydrated.
  • Lion Kyusoku Jukan Cooling Gel Sheet Patch Pads – these have a citrus and herbaceous scent to them; feel great after walking all day long
  • The Oozoo Fresh Capsule Mask Royal Jelly (Enrich) – smells like sweetened honey; leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated, with a fresh glow to it.
  • Personnelle Winter Care Sheet Mask – hydrates and moisturizes; wonderful for cold, winter weather and for transitioning from winter to spring
Bottom row:
Spoiler
  • Skin Pi HSO Hemp Seed Oil Sheet Mask – super, super thin material that holds quite a bit of essence – feels like you’re not wearing a sheet mask; leaves skin nourished and with a healthy glow
  • Farmacy Hydrating Coconut Gel Mask Brightening – this is an older version of the now reformulated Farmacy Brightening Mask; both this version and the new one are available online at Sephora (squee!)
  • The Crème Shop Hello Kitty Problem Solver Sheet Mask – one of my favorite masks yet from The Crème Shop – the mask has the cutest illustrations on it, smells subtly of apples and gives me soft, supple, hydrated skin
  • Papa Recipe Bombee Honey Butter Cream Mask Pack – a 2-piece sheet mask with a creamy, buttery essence that seems to almost be encapsulated into the mask; feels like a blanket hugging my face and leaves my complexion soft, moisturized and with a subtle glow
As @scott1201 would say, these are "I love you forever" sheet masks.

IMG_E7415.JPG

Spoiler

The Biore strip (last row, first mask) is misplaced and should have been part of the Loves pic - it's hard to compete with the Biore trip - it's just so good! 🙂 All others are likes and some are deep likes nearing love, except for 2 - the last mask in the top row (Lapcos Skin First Oil Wrap Mask 8 Flower Nectar is a maybe – the oil essence on this one tends to sit atop my face and is a bit more challenging as far as absorption is concerned; it can work well if the conditions are right – best on very dry skin that has been prepped right for the mask – using an exfoliant or peel beforehand – not bad but takes some more effort to make it work well) and last mask in the bottom row (Berrisom Cocktail Recipe Mask – Mojito is okay – fine, but not a standout).

Love your little reviews here @itsfi; it’s nice to see everything at once, you know? And I will just take a chair and sit and enjoy all of the beautiful masks😊

Thanks @eshoe! It is a bit easier to differentiate "loves" versus "likes" or "maybes", etc. when they're all in front of you, but it's not easy to get them all in the same shot, though that may be more that my table isn't very large.

It makes it easy to decipher at a glance, which is nice, @itsfi!

great assortment of masks 😍💗 @itsfi

great assortment of masks 😍💗 @itsfi

Re: great assortment of masks 😍💗 @itsfi

Thank you @lmaster! It's interesting to see so many of them and how they compare to each other in terms of loves, likes, etc. 

All of the masks!!!  Lovely @itsfi !

Thank you @missjeanie! I fell behind on keeping up with posting and am not too sure I can do weekly posts of my sheet mask empties consistently, but I am doing a better job of holding onto the empty pouches for pics. lol! 🙂 Baby steps...

1 Reply
testing