cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Ugh that seems to be the case with the majority of mists I've used, @Brutalitops. The Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist 1.35 oz/ 40 mLand Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mLhave the best nozzles.

@eshoeSee I thought it was the nozzle too, so I put the toner into the Herbivore bottle since that had a super fine mist- same problem. Slight thickening agents/salts in the actual ingredients seem to be the trick here 🤷‍♀️

Ahhhhh I see @Brutalitops. That makes sense.

Excellent!! @Brutalitops 

Thanks @lmaster! It feels good tofinally use all this junk I've got hanging around in my drawers ! 😃

I like your symbol selections @Brutalitops. Good job finishing so many products!

@ShortEricaGood ol' reliable MS Paint 🤣 But yeah, clearing out my sample stash was a new years goal so I'm hoping to keep trucking through the next few months!

So many good empties @Brutalitops!!! I'm using a sample of the ExfoliKate, and I absolutely LOVE it!!! I've avoided it for so long because I thought it would be too harsh, but it's so gentle. I had absolutely no irritation with it.

How did you like the Dream Mask? I have been eyeing that for a while, but I've been hesitant.

@sephoraaddict918  The exfoliate line is a favorite of mine, the cleanser is likely to be in next month’s empties 😄

The dream mask was fine. At first I hated it because it had a weird jello-water like texture I couldn’t get over and I had a hard time estimating the amount I actually needed. When I went back to use it this winter I liked it a lot better and it really does do a good job of hydrating, plus it has a nice orange dreamsicle smell. Ultimately though, I just prefer to use a regular night cream and a serum. It just gets to be too much to keep track of and manage for me otherwise 🤷🏻‍♀️

Great job with your empties! That Aveda Shampure oil has caught my eye @Brutalitops! I just looked it up and it sounds wonderful! 😃

@itsfiIt's amazing, I've just accumulated like 5 of them (literally) through birthday rewards and GWP that I really needed to start using. On a very related side note, my post-shower body care routine as gotten much better and people tell me how amazing I smell all the time now 😃

Bummer that the Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 mldidn't work for you, @Brutalitops.  I've really enjoyed it but I'm sorry that it was a Fail in your collection. 

I love love this mask too @CookieGirl1 

@CookieGirl1I really hated it at first, I came to like it better the second time around when I went back to it in late November but I couldn't use it up before it expired. While it'd still definitely work as a moisturizer minus the vitamin C I just really prefer a traditional moisturizer at night. It was worlds better than the Glow recipe one though, at least it wasn't packed full of fragrance 🙄

@Brutalitops I know that I need to use mine faster before it expires but I think I've had that "I hate to use it up" mentality :(.  I think that you've just inspired me to speed up my usage because I don't want mine to go to waste. 

@CookieGirl1yeah I so get that "save it" mentality, especially with the expensive face masks I tend to over ration them until it's too late. I've been trying to get better and I've organized my drawer by expiration date. I considered labeling them with their opened on/ expires on dates but I wouldn't want to seem *too* organized 🤣

Re: Empties - 2019

I’ve spent most of the year working through my stash and made some significant progress in March, finishing a host of full size products and deluxe samples.

March empties!March empties!

Spoiler

Sugarbearhair Hair Vitamins – I was a little skeptical about these at first and wondered whether these vitamins were just about the cuteness factor because they are so cute, but I was wrong to think that. I noticed the results from these more on weeks when I didn’t take these vitamins. When I took them, my hair felt more full and thicker – no complaints here about that.

Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish SPF 50+ / PA+++
– this is one of my favorites. Etude House makes two sunblocks in this line; this one is supposed to be geared towards normal to oily skin and is said to help give a matte appearance to the skin. For someone with dehydrated dry skin like me, that sounds positively frightening, but this one works very well for me and my skin. It’s not at all drying and it applies smoothly and doubles as a primer. This is my second bottle and I plan to repurchase this one; I’ll probably pick up the one that is more geared for dry skin and see how it compares to this one.

Laneige Water Bank Essence
– I picked up this essence because I love the sleeping mask and lip mask from the brand so much and that might not have set expectations higher than they should have been or the product. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a bad product at all. It feels more like a serum-moisturizer hybrid than an essence and I can see this working well on all skin types in the warmer months. I have a couple foil samples of this one and will likely try them out in the summer, when I’m more inclined to lighter moisturizers.

Sephora Collection Sleeping Mask (Aloe)
was a gift from @keana1  (thank you!) My skin loves aloe and I’ve wanted to try these sleeping masks out since hearing about them from a handful of people on the masking thread. This has a bit of an alcohol / chemical smell to it that isn’t totally offensive, but it’s noticeable at the beginning. I also used up the Lingzhi version of this sleeping mask (and I talked about it briefly in a separate posts for my travel empties).  I prefer that lingzhi one to the aloe sleeping mask as it has a better fragrance to it and applies more like a jelly gel-cream which my skin responds to well.  

Pier One Diffuser Oil (Cuban Vanilla) – This gives off an nice, warm and subtle vanilla scent. Vanilla fragrances can be a bit overwhelming for me, but not this one – I really liked having this in the house this winter.

Josie Maran lipstick – This was part of gwp from a few years ago and I can’t read the name off the tube anymore, but it was a neutral tone rosy nude shade. It was a nice color and I liked the shade and texture, but it’s not a color that would be too difficult to dupe.

Elizavecca Hell Pore Control Hyaluronic Acid Serum  – My skin looooves hyaluronic acid. I rotate different hyaluronic acid serums and there’s usually at least 2 or 3 in my bin at any given time – usually one from a Korean or Japanese brand and another from a US or Canadian brand. This one was fine, but not necessarily standout – I would use it again but I don’t know if I’d rush out to get another bottle.

Fresh Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy Boosting Face Mask – This one has a lovely citrusy scent and the texture reminds me a little of orange marmalade. I love the results from this mask, but I’m not so keen on the large chunks of fruit bits in the mask.

GlamGlow ThirstyMud – I love this mask – I love the scent, the texture, the packaging…and I love how it hydrates my skin without being too heavy. I use this as an overnight mask or as a daytime moisturizer and am happy with the results at every turn. This is something I never want to be without; the only issue that comes up with this one for me is which size to purchase. The mini is too small and the regular size one is a little too large for someone like me who has a handful of wash-off masks open at any one time; something in between would be perfect for me – I’ll repurchase either the mini or regular during the spring sale.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration (Grapefruit) – the FAB Repair Cream doesn’t do much for my face but it does wonders when used as an all over body cream, which is how I ordinarily use this product. It’s hydrating, moisturizing and makes my skin soft and smooth. This grapefruit scented one also has a subtle fresh citrusy scent.

Bath & Body Works PocketBac Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel – Peach Bellini – I pretty much love anything peach-related and I do like anti-bacterial hand gel so the combination of the two are winners for me.

Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Water is a well-loved staple in my beauty arsenal. I’ve stopped even being interested in trying out other micellar waters. This is the one for me.

Belif Pore Cleaner Bubble Foam – this one isn’t bad, but I prefer gel-to-foam wash off masks like this to have a tint to them; it makes it easier to know where the gel has been applied and where the mask will foam up. I’d incorporate this mask into my routine if I had it, but there are other foaming masks I prefer over this one, like the bliss Spa Triple Oxygen Energizing Foam or the GlamGlow InstaMud, both of which are tinted.

Briogeo Rosarco Milk Regenerative Leave-In Conditioning Spray – This light leave-in conditioner works well as a detangler, leaves my hair smooth and soft. It’s not my favorite leave-in conditioner but it’s not bad either – it grew on me and I ended up missing it after I finished the deluxe sample.

This is great work, @itsfi!

Thank you @curlychiquita! 🤗 It felt good to get through the bulk of the open products in my stash. 😊 

random but the bottles are pretty cool looking lol @itsfi

random but the bottles are pretty cool looking lol @itsfi

Re: random but the bottles are pretty cool looking lol @itsfi

Agree @lmaster! It’s fun to see the empty bottles; it serves as motivation too to work through and finish up other half opened products (or decide to declutter). 

1 Reply
testing