cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Ooh that mangosteen looks interesting.

it smelled really good, but strong @Samtian

it smelled really good, but strong @Samtian

Re: it smelled really good, but strong @Samtian

@lmasterI love strong good smelling scents lol.

LOVESIMG_0389.jpg

Staples in my beauty routine that I canโ€™t and wonโ€™t quit:

Spoiler

NYX Green Tea Blotting Papers โ€“ I use these to blot my lipstick. It works better than tissue for me. Sephora Avocado Hand Mask, Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy โ€“ I love this scent, and I always come back to it when I want a go-to sweet scent, Ulta Beauty Premium Oval Cotton Pads โ€“ I love that they are both sturdy and soft and leaves nothing behind while Iโ€™m going to town on my face with toner or micellar water, Mario Badescu Rosewater Facial Spray โ€“ The perfect end for my skincare routine, Smashbox Photo Finish Shadow Primer โ€“ This primer keeps my eye shadow in place ALL DAY! Sephora Almond Foot Mask, Dove Powder Deodorant, Bath & Body Works Sleep Aromatherapy Black Chamomile Body Wash, Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water โ€“ This is the perfect second step to my makeup removing routine, Clarisonic Radiance Brush Head โ€“ The only brush head I use because it is so soft and gentle on my sensitive skin. Tony Moly My Shea Sheet Masks โ€“ Iโ€™ve gone through the set and these are so hydrating and moisturizing. I was so excited to find another pack on clearance at Ulta.

The newness that won a special place in my heart:

Spoiler

DearPacker Rose Honey Mask โ€“ The packaging is beautiful and the mask is great as well. I am definitely going to purchase it again. Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm โ€“ Takes off the first layer of makeup with ease. Iโ€™ve been trying a few cleansing oils and balms, and this one still gets the highest marks for me. Pureology Hydrate Superfood Treatment Mask โ€“ This is my second jar, and I love mixing it in with my other mask to give a little protein boost without overdoing it. BeautyBlender Solid Pro โ€“ This is really good with getting all of the gunk out of my sponges and brushes. I wash my brushes often, and this lasts for a few months. Too Cool For School Coconut Oil Serum Eye Patch โ€“ I love how big these masks are! They cover my entire under eye area. I havenโ€™t seen miracle results after one use, but I would purchase these again. CVS Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Mask โ€“ This was the most pleasant surprise of the month! This mask was gentle enough for my sensitive skin while being quite hydrating. It reminded me of the Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub for the face. Sephora Avocado and Orchid Face Mask โ€“ Itโ€™s my first time trying these scents, but I always like the Sephora sheet masks.

LIKES + MEHSIMG_0390.jpg

Spoiler

Shea Moisture Comforting Milk Mask โ€“ A random TJ Maxx find that didnโ€™t move me one way or the other. Ulta Beauty Soothing Calamine Mud Mask โ€“ Another mask I didnโ€™t love, but I didnโ€™t hate. Soap & Glory The Daily Smooth โ€“ I am a big fan of S&G lotions. I would give this high marks in the texture and moisturizing department, but Iโ€™m not a fan of the floral scent. Lancome Genifique Hydrogel Mask โ€“ This mask is way too pricey to be this meh. I didnโ€™t feel like this gave me anything that I couldnโ€™t get from one of my $4 masks. Itโ€™s Skin Rose Sheet Mask โ€“ This was a freebie from World Market and didnโ€™t blow me away. Sephora Bright Future Color Corrector โ€“ This was good, not great. Sephora Lavender Cuticle Oil โ€“ Decent oil that has lasted long enough to no longer be available. Bath & Body Works Birch and Argan Hand Cream โ€“ Loved the texture, Hated the scent.  BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight in Rose Gold โ€“ I got this in a mini duo kit that was on clearance. I used it to highlight under my foundation to give that glow from within. I hate that I canโ€™t reach the rest of the product at the bottom of the tube. Sephora Lip Liner โ€“ The words have rubbed off, so I have no idea what product this was! I guess itโ€™s the grandfather of the current gel liner that I absolutely LOVE. Ulta Lip Primer โ€“ This is my second tube, and Iโ€™m still not sure how I feel about this product. I am not sure if it makes my lipstick last longer, but I love the scent, and it applies smoothly. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara โ€“ I am starting to not love this as much as I used to. I am not sure if the formula has changed or if my mascara needs have changed. Itโ€™s just okay to me now. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Perversion โ€“ An eye liner I got from a decluttered palette that I was able to get through. Smashbox Lip Pencil โ€“ This was a nude lip liner for deeper complexions that I was finally able to get through. NYX Wonder Pencil โ€“ I purchased this on a whim and used it to outline my lips to keep the color from feathering. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in New Caledonia โ€“ I donโ€™t think the sample shade was the best match, but I do like the finish. Ouai Supplement for Thinning Hair โ€“ This is my second pack, and I feel like it has given my hair some much needed strength, and there is less shedding when I wash my hair. Curlsmith Scalp Stimulating Booster and Full Lengths Density Elixir โ€“ The one-two punch that is currently treating my hair loss. Iโ€™m seeing some baby hairs grow in, so I have hope.

Foils that I would give a Kayne Shrug because I was not impressed, but didnโ€™t hate:

Spoiler

BareMinerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Eye Gel Cream and Vital Power Infusion, Algenist Sleeping Collagen, Purity Made Simple Moisturizer, Tarte Double Duty Beauty First Step Prep, Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream, Shiseido Intensive Eye Contour Cream, Belif Moisturizing Bomb

HATESIMG_0391.JPG

Spoiler

Boscia Charcoal MakeUp Melter โ€“ This smells awful, and it didnโ€™t do a great job of removing my makeup. Sephora Rose Cleansing Wipes โ€“ These dried up before I was able to get through the pack. Boo! Pacificia Leave Pretty Eye Patches โ€“ These are so cute, but burned so badly, and they didnโ€™t fit my eye contours properly. Ulta Beauty Calming Rose and Smoothing Sea Kelp โ€“ I had a good experience with both of these, but they contain a high concentration of denatured alcohol, so I won't be repurchasing them.  Dr. Jart Tiger Grass โ€“ With their โ€œgreen-to-beige technologyโ€ this had me looking casket ready. Hard pass! NYX Honey Dew Me Up Primer Serum โ€“ I actually really liked this, but I decided to declutter it after learning it also contains a high concentration of alcohol. The Body Shop Rose Dewy Glow Face Mist โ€“ This is the worst facial spray Iโ€™ve ever tried. The nozzle douses your face with all of the product and the fragrance is too strong and artificial.

Great job, @sephoraaddict918!

I had similar feelings about the Ulta Soothing Sea Kelp mask @sephoraaddict918. I have to giggle about you looking casket ready - that's a funny visual. โšฐ๏ธ ๐Ÿคฃ

awesome job @sephoraaddict918

awesome job @sephoraaddict918

@sephoraaddict918 Love seeing your thoughts! Thanks for sharing!

Best,

Rebecca

@sephoraaddict918  I haven't found a pacifica product that works for me yet.

@sephoraaddict918  Awesome job with the empties!! I love Sephora masks but never tried the one for hands or feet, how is that even possible?? Sorry to hear the Sephora makeup removing wipes dried up on you. I love the cucumber and coconut ones and they never dried up on me. 

I tried a sample of the coconut wipes, and I liked them @katkapivarci. I would definitely buy the full size version!

@sephoraaddict918, that Radiance brush head is my fave ou...

@sephoraaddict918, that Radiance brush head is my fave out of the bunch!

Just look at those skincare empties!!! I've added a number of goodies to my list after your post @sephoraaddict918! The Clinique TTDO Balm is a staple for me - love! That Dear Packer sheet mask is on my list! The "Kanye Shrug" comment gave me a good chuckle! I'm going to steer clear of those Pacifica eye patches - I'm definitely not a fan of burning under the eyes!

Your organization is admirable @sephoraaddict91. Thank you for the heads up on the Dearpacker, I havenโ€™t ordered any yet but am planning on it soon and will remember your recommendation!

I can't wait to hear about your Dearpacker experience @eshoe!

I have a few more empties in February than January so that's exciting. I generally liked all the products in the first two rows and those with pluses are winners for me but I wouldn't die without them.Capture.PNG

CeraVe PM

Spoiler
CeraVe PM is something I can use day or night my skincare routine. I prefer it in the morning and would rather use a thicker cream at night but if I'm traveling (rarely) this is a good product that will work anytime. They have reformulated it. It seems a bit thinner than in the past. I feel like it works the same but I go through it slightly quicker than the old formulation. This bottle I got ~80 uses out of vs. the old formulation I generally had ~90 uses. I will likely repurchase this product in the future. On the other hand, I've read the CeraVe Baby has a similar ingredient profile (includes the niacinamide that the CeraVe moisturizing lotion and cream lack) and cost per oz is cheaper...SO...I'm trying it out as a replacement. My budget can afford a CeraVe PM but this girl likes saving money if she can. Overall, thumbs up CeraVe!

Dr. Teal's

Spoiler
Dr. Teal's is my homeboy! I enjoy baths for relaxing and these products are great. I like the Lavender scent and I've also paired it with my homemade sandalwood bath salt. I've already repurchased the Lavender and the Pink Himalayan to try. This one is close to a heart for me but if I'm judging myself correctly I think I will enjoy the Pink Himalayan more and that may become a favorite and a staple for me.

Vaseline Lotion

Spoiler
I try to keep lotion at my desk at work because I need to get better at regularly applying it to my legs and body. I feel like my body skincare game is lacking compared to my face. Anyway, this is a nice pleasant lotion and I like the slight aloe scent. At some point I stocked up on lotion and have another bottle already in its place. I enjoy it but I'm sure there are a variety of wonderful lotions on the market.

Clinique Moisture Surge

Spoiler
I purchased this half price during an Ulta sale. I have a second one I've just opened. The jar was 65 uses for me. I used this more as a hydro boost product vs. a moisturizer because of it's gel consistency. This may be a user error since I think the combination of this and the CeraVe cream in a tub might be a bit much for my face. I think this works better with makeup. On days without makeup I think the auto-replenishing from the Clinique Moisture Surge didn't look bad on my face but would cause grease (not grease but I can't think of a better word) marks on my phone. I will gladly use the 2nd jar but this is not a repurchase. I am excited to try the Dramatically Different Jelly I purchased during my birthday month since it seems to fit the gel type of product profile I am looking for in my 2 moisturizer routine. Only ~65 uses/1 month until I can. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ulta Lip Oil

Spoiler
TGID! - Thank goodness it's done! I started using this at the end of September/early October 2018. My plan was to use this up and then I would be able to break into the Laneige holiday kit. Well this sucker lasted forever and I went ahead and opened the Laneige for the new year. I got 120 uses out of it (I removed the stopper and got every last drop too). The lip oil was fine and the first lip oil I've tried. It felt lip a gloss and was a bit sticky. It felt okay as far as hydrating the lips but nothing phenomenal. Because of the cranberry and/or pomegranate it did burn my lips if they were previously damaged. I used it mostly before bed and the lasting power isn't there for overnight. If I received it again I wouldn't be upset but I wouldn't repurchase. Also I used the one time lip mask previously so now I can get rid of the box. It was comically huge and I wasn't impressed by it.

Random perfume

Spoiler
Let's not talk about how old this perfume potentially is. It has a more masculine scent and I don't really wear perfume. I'd spray it around occasionally more as an air freshener or something to perk up my feet after a long day. No idea what it is, where it is from, and I won't be searching it out. I wouldn't say it's bad but it is not for me.

Anatasia Brow Wiz sample

Spoiler
I was so excited to receive this as a GWP. It was one of the reasons I created the Fe-Brow-ary thread. Well it broke the first time I tried to use it. I managed to salvage one of the broken pieces and get 4 uses out of it. For me, it was okay. I don't have much experience with eyebrows and I think using a pencil requires a more artistic hand and patience than I gave it. Not a bad product, just not for me.

Yep yep @ShortErica, last year every time O went to Ulta with a code for a free DS and they were out, they would give me one of those sets๐Ÿ˜‚ I had 5!!!!!

Holy cow that's a lot of the same thing @eshoe! I'm always sad when they don't have the deluxe sample I went in to snag.

A lot of the bad same thing @ShortErica ๐Ÿ˜†

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚tgid love this! @ShortErica good job

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚tgid love this! @ShortErica good job

Re: ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚tgid love this! @ShortErica good job

Glad to make you laugh @lmaster. Sometimes a product is fine but lasts forever and you want to use some other things in your collection. Haha!

testing