cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

@missjeanie  Wowza!!!

Lol @Samtian that's what I saw when I see it all laid out too!

Great empties @missjeanie

Thanks @faeriegirl !

wow that's great! @missjeanie... did your foot peel give...

wow that's great! @missjeanie... did your foot peel give your any great results?

Re: wow that's great! @missjeanie... did your foot peel give...

They're still peeling @lmaster !  Only the top of my foot peeled right away and then it was about a week before the bottoms/sides started.  They seem to have taken a good bit off and are almost done I'd say.  They do feel softer.  It almost looks like I have a bit of a light bruise or burning on the top of my foot where it first peeled though.  Kinda odd, but I'm assuming the discoloration will fade in a few days. I'll for sure use these types of masks again, but I think they really do need to be left on a lot longer than the package directions.

Yep @missjeanie mine were so bad! Mainly because I slept on my side, so my insides of my feet were touching, so the entire insides felt burnt the first time I put them in water, it did get better, but man did that hurt,, I'm so glad that you got some good peeling out of it 

@lmaster luckily mine didn't feel burnt at all!  Though I didn't spend anywhere near as long with them on as you did! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

My travel empties

Skincare

IMG_6775.JPG

Spoiler

All the masks fall in the love or like categories.  The skincare products, on the other hand, were all over the spectrum.

LOVES  

Leaders Daily Wonder What Happened Last Night Radiance Revitalizing Mask – this one checks off a lot of boxes – hydrating, soothing, brightening! It makes your face look like you got more sleep than you actually did.

Laneige Water Pocket Sheet Mask (Replenishing) – this sheet mask is a tried-and-true favorite that leaves my skin looking and feeling hydrated. The material on this one is thin which I love and it really feels like you’re not wearing a sheet mask.

Skinceuticals Biocellulose Regenerative Masque – this one is touted as being soothing, calming and great for post-peels and it definitely lives up to its claim. It feels gentle on the skin and did not irritate my skin at all. I’ve used this one in the past on just any particular day and it was very nice but I think this mask really shines after a peel when skin is sensitive, possibly red and irritated. It’s an expensive mask, but a good one to have on hand.

your peace. Lanseal Nourishing Mask – this 2-piece sheet mask is made of Lanseal material (it feels a little like gauze) which is said to absorb more than 150 times the essence that other sheet masks do. I don’t know about that, but I do know it holds a lot of essence and it feels comfortable on.

Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Serum – this is AMAZING!!! For the last week-and-a-half, my skin has been dealing with the aftermath of a professional peel. It’s been sensitive, flaky and, to say it’s been very dry is being kind. This serum literally kept my face from looking like it was covered in dry patches and scales. I carried this tube with me in my purse or coat pocket and would reapply every few hours. A total lifesaver.

Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil – this was also nourishing for my dry, flaky skin. I used this one at night, slathering it on my face and down my neck as the last step in my skincare routine.

LOVE-LIKE

The FaceShop Real Nature Lingzhi Sheet Mask – Fresh-scented sheet mask that hydrates and brightens . This mushroom one is nice and there are other ‘flavors’ I’m interested in trying. A “con” about this particular mask is that it does contain alcohol; it wasn’t an issue for me, did not make my skin more dry, but if you’re sensitive to alcohol or just want to avoid it in skincare, this one will be a pass for you.

Leaders Juice Pina Colada Bright Mask (Pineapple & Coconut) – this one smells deliciously of pineapple and leaves my skin feeling soft, supple, hydrated and bright.

Holika Holika Skin Rescuer Mask Sheet (Collagen) – The Skin Rescuer line is one of my favorite lines from this brand. The material is thin and it holds quite a bit of essence. The packaging is nice too – easy to open and makes less mess.

Sephora Collection Sleeping Mask (Lingzhi) – The texture on this one is like a jelly cream gel. It’s light and comfortable on. It has a faint subtle scent, maybe a little floral in nature and applies smoothly and easily. I’ve tried one other sleeping mask from the Sephora Collection and prefer this lingzhi one over the aloe one. Both are great for travel; they take up little space in your toiletry bag and they last for multiple uses.

MEH

Shiseido Benefiance Extra Creamy Cleansing Foam – this one was fine; it wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great either. It has that signature Shiseido scent but this one felt like the scent was stronger than usual.

NO

Milk Makeup Cooling Water  –  I really wanted to like this product, but alas, it was not meant to be. 😞 I think I may be allergic to something in this because the few times I used it, my eyes would tear up a lot throughout the day and I ended up tossing it. This is definitely a “No, it’s you; it’s really you.”

Hair Care / Bath & Body

IMG_6778.JPG

Spoiler
The top row are loves. Spongelle Beyond Cleansing Body Wash Infused Buffer (Pear Freesia) smells likes springtime and is great to have when traveling. Thank you @lmaster, this came in handy! ❤️  Alterna Hair Care Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner are favorites of mine and, of the foil shampoo and conditioners I brought with me, are the best of the bunch. The shampoos and conditioners that make up the bottom row are okay and range between "maybe" and "meh (aka, "it's not you, it's me!")

Fantastic travel skincare, @itsfi!  Planes and dry hotel air wreck such havoc on my skin.

Yes they do @curlychiquita! I find myself having to be even more mindful of my skincare when traveling and when I get back. Sigh. 😔 Do you have any “go to” skincare items you like to use when traveling to keep your skin hydrated?

@itsfi, I just make sure I have products with hylauronic acid in them to keep my skin happy overnight!

Looove hyaluronic acid @curlychiquita! ♥️ I can’t even imagine how my skin survived before I discovered it! 

@itsfi the milk cooling primer,,I didn't have a reaction,...

@itsfi the milk cooling primer,,I didn't have a reaction, but I'm not seeing the purpose of it,, it's not doing anything for me 🤷 I also love the pear spongelle too

Re: @itsfi the milk cooling primer,,I didn't have a reaction,...

The Pear spongelle was soooo nice!  Thank you again @lmaster! It made packing so much easier. Yeah, I really wanted that cooling eye gel to work; it sounds like it would be great, but my eyes kept tearing up and itching both days that I used it; it was not fun. I didn't experience any of that on the days I skipped it.

Re: @itsfi the milk cooling primer,,I didn't have a reaction,...

You're so welcome sweet friend 😘 @itsfi  I'm not sure if I have bags or shadows lol so sorry you had a reaction!!

That top row of masks sure makes it look like you had a great time traveling lol! 

What happened last night? Shrooms, Pina Coladas, and a need for water? In all serious though, I love the sounds of the Pina Colada mask, added to the ever growing list @itsfi 

Hahaha @missjeanie! I didn't even notice that, LOL! 🙂 I'm usually in meetings day and night when I travel so masking is sometimes my R&R and I pack several sheet masks to choose from - a mix of oldies but goodies and some newbies. 🙂  The Pina Colada one is a nice one; there's also a Mojito one in that line.

I might need to try one of each... Pina Colada and Mojito... bonus marks if I get to drink one while masking @itsfi ... might need try this out over the summer!

I like your style @missjeanie! 🙂  Masking while sipping on some summer cocktails... love it! 🙂 

@itsfi so glad you liked it! Those are my most favorite ever!! So very clever 😂

3 Replies
testing