cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

It’s brilliant @lmaster; so happy with it! 😍 Looks like Bloomingdale’s carries these! Yay! Are there specific scents you like?

@itsfi honestly every one I've tried I've loved, I  coconut verbena and lavender and the you have my heart on a string, all smell fantastic

My empties bag was overflowing so time to toss these out and start anew. 

The favorites which have been or definitely will be repurchased:

IMG_20190315_171314.jpg

Spoiler
I adore all of these items. The Elizavecca Milky Piggy BB cream is my go-to for lighter coverage. It wears well and blends seamlessly. I'm also a big fan of the Dr. Jart BB for my skin as well. Both the OH sugar polish mask and the PTR pumpkin masks are things that are almost always in my stash. Both are just great for adding a touch of physical exfoliation to my masking experience. The Becca Backlight primer is my absolute favorite. It doesn't dry me out but helps my foundation stay put. On long days, I know I can add in the UD All-Nighter spray for extra insurance and am rarely disappointed. Lancome, of course, makes an amazing eye makeup remover and I just love both the OH sheer transformation moisturizer, the Belif moisturizers, and the CosRx lotion. I was also very pleasantly surprised by the Herbal Essences shampoo! I used to use HE back in high school but have moved on to other things over the years; however,this just left my hair so soft and manageable that I might have to go back to it! 

The Mehs/Just Ok bunch

IMG_20190315_171019.jpg

Spoiler
All of these were "ok" but not "wow." Others may love them, I just have other products that I've found to work better for me now. I did really like the Belif toner though, so possibly something I may eventually try again. And that TF mascara is an amazing formula if you can get past the comically large brush. 

The I will *not* be (re)purchasing group:

IMG_20190315_171446.jpg

Spoiler
Mostly due to scents. It took effort to finish all of these products up (except the foil, LOL).

And the items that had to be de-stashed because they didn't work for me AT ALL

IMG_20190315_171538.jpg

Spoiler
Unfortunately, the Erborian was far too dark for me, even in the light shade. The L'Occitane broke me out. The Vichy was too heavy for my oily-normal skin. And the Unwash was one of the worst things I've ever put into my hair honestly. It just left it so stringy and a hot mess truth be told. 

@quspork Was the mamonde product strongly scented? I'm hoping not since you didn't include it with the other "smelly" stuff.. I got a couple of their products in allure last month but wasn't sure if I should pass or not on them. 

It's definitely fragranced, @CC3616, I just didn't find the scent offensive. It's a floral scent that dissipates fairly soon after application, but if you're sensitive to scents, I'd be wary. 

@quspork Love seeing your thoughts on your empties! Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Rebecca 

@quspork, your skincare loves are just so wonderful! I'm adding a few items to my list to check out and have placed asteriks next to a couple as well. 🙂 I've read good things about the CoxRX lotion (it has birch sap in it - YES!); I've also read that it has a pretty light consistency. Do you use it as a moisturizer or a serum?

@itsfi  I love the CosRx lotion so much. Seriously, if they ever reformulate or discontinue this, I'm in trouble! My skin tends towards oily/dehydrated in its natural state, so I use this as my morning moisturizer because I don't want anything too heavy in the a.m. but still want that moisture in my skin. If I remember correctly, you're more dry, @itsfi? If so, you may find that it might fit in better as a more traditional K-beauty lotion (pre-moisturizer) for your routine. But it'd be worth playing around with it to see! 

Thank you @quspork! 🤗 Great memory! I more dehydrated dry in the winter but get lean combo or oily as the weather warms up. I’ll definitely check out the CosRx lotion - it sounds like it would work amazingly well as a moisturizer or a Kbeauty lotion / pre-moisturizer!! 

@quspork Amazing empties!

Best,

Rebecca

Oh no @quspork . I have that cleansing conditioner, but I haven’t tried it yet. I think it came in one of the recent ulta gifts. Maybe I shouldn’t even bother! 🙂

Maybe it will work out better for you, @PrettyPaint! I have super thick, coarse hair, so maybe that had something do with it. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works out better for you if you decide to try it out!

@quspork Well I have super fine hair (the opposite of yours, it sounds like), so perhaps  I will have better luck! 🙂

How does the color of this Dr. Jart compare to the DR. JART+ - Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 @quspork? I really liked the formula but it was too pink and dark for me. I was interested in the Eborian, but hearing the light shade is dark, I will probably need to find something else to try instead.

I've found the shades between those two Dr. Jart BBs to be very similar, @ShortErica. Both were wearable for me, so definitely within the same color family. Note- I'm pretty fair, mostly neutral/slight pink undertones. So, if the premium was too pink for you, I'd be concerned the Black Label would be as well. But, it might be worth trying to get a sample of the Erborian because I think my main problem with that was that yellow undertones read "dark" on me. 

I find lots of small shade products have a "light" that is too yellow for me too @quspork. I think my skin falls fairly neutral so products that pull one way or another look off on my skin. I may still have to get a sample of the eborian to see how the shade is on me. Thanks for your feedback.

I just wore the Dr jart bb cream today @quspork I do love...

I just wore the Dr jart bb cream today @quspork I do love it! just keep forgetting about it

Empties - 2019

my empties of love are briogeo...I love this brand! actually better than devacurl sad to say! I'm probably going to repurchase a full size of the tatcha essence, Rodan and Fields lash boost is flipping expensive, but I rotate lash serums, so I usually only purchase once a year maybe twice, but this is the one that started my lash growing process, so it will be repurchased. the pore strips were a no go, the tonymoly and Ace that face were just meh

I absolutely love the Tatcha essence!

@lmaster Did you pick up that tony moly mask online? I haven't seen it in stores but I do like I'm real as far as value goes. Sorry if i missed a review of it on the mask thread!

@CC3616 I did order it online, I think from Ulta, yeah I do like most of these, but this one didn't wow me much at all 🤷

2 Replies
testing