cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

@ShortErica  I tend to bounce around with setting powders. I’ve gone back to the make up forever and the Laura Mercier secret brightening powder a few times though. I found the regular Laura Mercier translucent darkened my concealer a bit and honestly didn’t get the huge hype. I have à Becca  one to try soon, but I’ve certainly learned that some (I’m lookin at you KVD) are worse and cakier than others. 

Mid bet that you could a sample at Sephora that wouldn’t be too ‘contamined’ just due to the sifters etc. If you wanted to test a new one?

Good idea @missjeanie. Has there ever been a setting powders Sephora Favorites kit? That would be useful for me. 😉

Oh for sure! I’m pretty sure that’s where I’ve gotten a few to try! I see two on the Canadian site right now. The fresh face set actually looks like a nice set @ShortErica !

I'm a little late for my February empties... All together I had 48 empties this month bringing my year to date total to 84! (I count foils, though counted the white strips as one) My goal for the year is 400 empties!

Loves:

Spoiler

- The Erno Laszo Mask was great, though I might like the soothing (pink) one just a touch more.  Either way the entire line from E.L. has been a favourite lately!
- The Camila flower oil & Matcha essance mask from Mitomo was hydrating and had the most lovely scent to it!  I will gladly enjoy this mask again!

- The Master Lab mask introduced me to snail mucin in masks and my skin is a fan!  -- This led to the love of the yadah mask as well!

- B&B hairdressers oil.  A staple when my ends are getting a bit rough, or when my hair just needs a boost of moisture.  I love the entire line thus far. My hair loves the moisture and the scent is lovely.

- SDJ bath bomb - pretty blue shade in my tub, that delicious scent we all love.  It's a winner for sure, and I'm glad I have a few backups!

- DE Juju and Peke bars.  I really enjoy these.  They've re-introduced me to bar cleansers, and I'd purchase again, but have a lot of cleansers, both bar and otherwise to work through first. These little guys lasted me about three/four months of daily use.

-OH sugar scrub.  I liked how scrubby this was, I liked leaving it on as a mask. I'd buy again if I were to find a good sale.

-ABH Brow Wiz - I like this brow pencil, what I don't like is that it broke at some point in my travels and I had no spoolie. lol I have a few other products to work through, but I also have two backups bought during a sale.

- Latisse - use it on my lashes every two/three nights now, I did try stopping with this, and my lashes went back to being much shorter.  I'll always use this now.  It's proved it's effectiveness not only to me, but to others who've noticed my longer lashes as well.

- The perfume sample is the Clean Aqua Neroli.  I already purchased this and the sample was nice to stick in my purse.

- The black circle is a Too Faced Bronzer in Milk Chocolate.  I prefer matte bronzers and this is a great shade for me.  I don't go through a lot so the smaller sample sizes are great for me.

- The vitamin C Collagen eye mask from Azure was the first eye mask I've tried in several months with no stinging... until this morning and the Skyn Iceland ones... I'd buy these again for 3.99 a 5 pack if I came across them.  I also enjoyed the larger size.

Spoiler
-The jumiso mask was a good one.  Hydrating and I was attempting to recreate the girl on the front... my yoga skills need work, but it was fun, and the mask was great!
-Hello Kitty Ready Set Glow - this was nice, I liked the packaging and the little designs on the mask, made for a fun experience.  My skin looked great afterwards as well. 
-The esfolio hand and nail mask was nice.  I liked being able to do a hand mask and still be able to do some little things around the house.  The scent was baby powderish but not too overpowering for me.  My hands were moisturized and not greasy!
-Fresh Rose Face Cream - I think I've become so in love with my DE skincare that sometimes I forget that there are other things out there that I like as well.  This was really nice, not as heavy as my lala, but more than protini.  I'll keep this in mind when I go to grab a moisturizer for the summer months!
-The Mitomo mask was good, nice enough scent, good hydration, this will be a solid mask choice when I just don't want to think about the choice.
-Good Genes - Good choice, it works with continued use (I've had a few full size in the past) I'd use again if I got them, and were it not for my DE TLC being a bit more effective for me, I'd buy this again.
-The TF Hangover primer - I grabbed this to just use it up and liked it.  I've used up at least one full size of this in the past and it was fine.  I tried the Glossier priming moisturizer the past few days and they remind me of each other.  I might like the Glossier one a bit more as its a bit more hydrating.  But I did check and I have a full size of this in with my backup items so I'll use it up before moving on to another. 

Meh:

Spoiler
Most of these masks were okay.  They will be items that I use more in the summer where I don't need quite as much hydration, but would like a cool mask to refresh with. The Vita Bright was a bit nicer than the rest I think.  The by Nature Charcoal and Honey mask has a black sheet and black serum.  Can be messy if you're not expecting that! The Boscia green tea mask was drying out so it may have been past it's prime but it worked out ok. The perfume samples... I don't remember not liking them, but I don't remember liking them... The Fresh Sugar lip balm was okay, but I prefer their tinted versions these ones almost made my lips paler?  There are just other balms I prefer. The Crest Whitestrips... My dentist tells me these work.  I don't see much difference if any. The hourglass foundation was a decent shade, but it didn't sit well on my skin, it broke up after about 4 hours and I need a foundation/base to last way longer than that!

Nopes:

Spoiler
-MA coconut dry shampoo -- didn't do much to take down any oils, couldn't tell where I sprayed it, and my hair looked just as bad after as before.  Hard Pass.
-The Foot Mask from Life Brand didn't peel or exfoliate my feet in any way.
-The gold eye mask from Masqueology stung when I put it on.
-The Clinique moisturizer has never been a favourite.  I used it up on my legs.
-The Lancome Genefique serum didn't do anything.
-The cleansing wipes didn't take off much makeup and didn't do a darn thing for my eye makeup.  I used them up when my little nieces put make up on my face, arms, neck....
-The atelier cologne sample was way too floral for my liking.
-DDG exfoliating moisturizer - left me with a little tingle as I put it on, but didn't exfoliate well or moisturize well.
-the nose strip just isn't as good as the biore.

Everything all togetherEverything all togetherLovesLovesLikesLikesmehmehnopenope

Girl, you are working it!! 👊🏼 You have so many fabulous items you used up last month, @missjeanie! Very impressive!! Love your mini reviews; super helpful! ❤️ You’re off to an amazing start toward your end of the year goal! 😃

@itsfiI'm trying to really focus in on using up some older foils and delux sizes this year!  If I can wittle down those boxes, I'll have more room for masks! lol

Good strategy @missjeanie! 😉 Gotta make sure there’s space for more masks! 👌🏼 Priorities. 😃

Dang, @missjeanie , that's an impressive amount of masks!!!!

@CookieGirl1  My skin has been super dry this winter, switching retinols may have had an affect as well, I've been masking probably 5-6 nights a week in some form and have found that it's been really helping with hydration!

@missjeanie Too bad that Life Exfoliating Foot Mask didn't work for you! My feet peeled like crazy from it.

Really @elise222 ?? I have one more and I picked up the esfolio one as well so I'll give it another shot!  Glad to hear it worked on you though so I know it's not the product!

@missjeanie yeah, it took a few days to notice anything, then one day I was putting socks on and had a mini panic moment trying to figure out what was wrong with my feet!

Ok yes girl @missjeanie you’re well on your way to reaching your year end goal!!!

I feel like march will really set me up as well @cianni !  Now if only i could work a bit more on my panning projects! 

So many empties @missjeanie !!!! I LOVE it!!!

Thanks @sephoraaddict918

wow!! you did fantastic for February 😍👍 @missjeanie

wow!! you did fantastic for February 😍👍 @missjeanie

Hi @missjeanie ,

Wow! So many empties! And 400 by the end of the year? That is great and very ambitious! Thanks for sharing! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Lol @JaneanBT I'm all about goals with my empties this year!

Wow, 400 empties! You're already 1/5th there 🙂

@RNGesusPls  I like it when you put it in those terms!  Seems closer to my goal!

1 Reply
testing