cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@JoSometimes Nice observation! I am 100% a k and j beauty junkie, it works really well for my South Asian skin. 

@lnum I did a bit of a dive into k-beauty recently to see what’s out there for sensitive, eczema prone skin. I recognize a few of the brands. 😊

@JoSometimes Ohhhh any insights into brands I should check out?

@lnum If you have dry sensitive skin, Etude House’s SoonJung line is amazing! I only started using it a few days ago, but my first impression of their relief toner and 2x barrier intensive relief moisturizer are amazing! I had a really bad eczema flare up last that left my skin dry, red, and flakey. After a couple of days of use, my skin has calmed down and is starting to feel like skin again. I also like their glass lip stain. It’s not overly pigmented but very glossy, so it’s perfect if you’re into the gradient lip look.

Cosrx’s cushion foundation is really nice. It’s goes on smoothly, doesn’t feel heavy, has great coverage, and a glowy finish. The only downside is that it only comes in 2 shades, both of which are pretty light. The darkest shade is just a touch too light for me in the winter. I’m sad that I won’t really get to use it in the summer when my skin tans. 

@JoSometimes Thanks! I haven’t tried anything from Etude House besides the sheet masks. Another brand I like that isn’t in this photo is Nature Republic. 

@lnum whoa, getting through a blush is a major accomplishment!

Wow! You panned a blush! Great job @lnum 

@lmaster Thank you!

@lnum Awesome empties 😊. This is my first time seeing a potato mask. Did it have a scent 🥔?

@Mellmars1185 yes I do find all the Missha masks to have a scent. I wouldn’t describe this one as smelling like potato exactly, maybe more like a light ube scent if that makes sense. 

@lnum I didn't even know Freck made mascara!  Nice to see so many wins in the bunch!

@missjeanie I think the mascara was in the rewards bazaar so I gave it a shot, but I still prefer the Ilia mascara. 

February was a good month for empties, both full size items & foils, the latter of which is all thanks to the foils challenge (thank you @ather!) 

MTD: 94 
YTD: 126
February Empties 1.jpg
Product Details:
Spoiler
I haven't (yet) gotten gel nails so I can't speak to how the up & up gel nail polish remover foils from Target's in house brand perform with gel nails, but these foils sure do come in handy for removing glitter polish with ease. 👍

The amika Perk Up Travel dry shampoo was a BIC enabled purchase and it has become a go-to for me - gives my 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th day hair some oomph while making it look and feel cleaner, all without any stiffness, flakes, residue or film. I can't be without a bottle of this stuff. 

Similarly, LANEIGE Radian-C Cream with Vitamin C 1.0 oz/ 30 mL is a staple in my collection. This vitamin C infused moisturizer has helped to reduce the number of steps in my routine.  

I love peach scents 🍑 and there's at least one peach-scented body product in my house at all times - the B&BW pretty as a peach is a deliciously peach scented body wash. 

Biossance Squalane + Elderberry Nourishing Jelly Cleanser 5.07 oz / 150 mL  works beautifully as a first and second cleanse and I've already picked up full size earlier this year, but I do wonder if it's getting discontinued? 🤔

ABBOTT Montecito Eau de Parfum Travel Spray 0.33 oz / 10 mL eau de parfum spray  is a beautiful blend of fresh, fruity, floral and light woodsy notes. It was one of my favorites from the ABBOTT ABBOTT Sampler Set .
I would be happy to use any of these items, though the Paula's Choice and anihana would probably be the only ones I'd consider repurchasing. 
February Empties 2.jpg
Product Details:
Spoiler
The Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash was a lovely moisturizing bath and body wash; great for travel or keeping in the gym bag. 

I prefer to keep my moisturizer and sunscreen separate but the Paula's Choice Mini RESIST Youth-Extending Daily Hydrating Fluid SPF 50 .5 oz / 15 mL  is a nice one to keep in my handbag for on the go.This mini packs a lot of product!

Marc Jacobs Fragrances Daisy Eau So Fresh Paradise Eau de Toilette 2.5oz / 75 mL eau de toilette spray is a pretty, floral scent; it's a little too sweet on me but I can see this one being well loved by many. 

Using cuticle oil more consistently has been something I've been working on and some days are better than others. This Black Dahlia Lacquer Cuticle Oil was included in a mystery bag. It's fine as a cuticle oil; the packaging has its pros and cons. The rollerball component makes for an easier, cleaner application. It also makes it more conducive to messy leaks. 

anihana Shower Steamer Lemongrass makes for a nice and easy bit of aromatherapy when starting or ending your day (or in the middle of it if you shower in the afternoon). It seems a little pricey to me but I will pick up another flavor/scent to try, albeit during a sale. 😉 

I may have overhyped the MARA Algae + Moringa® Universal Hydrating Face Oil 1.18 oz / 35 mL to myself - it's not bad. I just have so many face oils as it is that while this is good, it's not a standout to me. Glad I was able to get a sample to try first. 

Tatcha Hinoki Body Milk Lotion 4.5 oz / 132 mL has a lovely earthy woodsy scent of hinoki that is wonderful for unwinding. I like the lotion but wish the collection included a richer cream. The milk lotion consistency may be better suited for me in the summer months and I may look into picking up a sample again when the weather warms up.
Ahhhh, candles. Love 'em in this cold weather - they're good for filling up a small space with a little warmth and aromatherapy. 
February Empties 3.jpg

Here's a link to my Foil & Sheet Mask Empties for February from the foils challenge. That challenge helped to pare down my foils stash, which had grown larger than I had wanted. 

Good work on those empties @itsfi 🥳

@itsfi  Great job!! I love the perk up dry shampoo! You did such a great job and all the foils! 

@ather, it took me awhile to discover the beauty of the amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo (where was I?!! 😲) but after hearing @AlexBT sing her praises for it and so many others subsequently after, I had to pick it up and I’ve not looked back. ♥️ It’s a staple in my collection.

@itsfi  The mini size is also perfect for travel! 

Yes!! So true @ather

I saw that they have a new, plus version of the dry shampoo - amika Mini Perk Up Plus Extended Clean Dry Shampoo 1.8 oz / 65 mL Have you by any chance tried the “perk up plus” version?

@itsfi  No not yet. But my can is almost gone so maybe I will try it out next! I haven’t picked up a back up yet!! 

@itsfi great reviews and wonderful job

@lmaster, thank you. It’s nice that the vast majority are likes or loves. 

10,593 Replies
testing