Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - 2019

Seeing product empties is so satisfying Smiley Happy

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

@scott1201 Amazing empties! I am sure your face is so happy with you! 

Best,

Rebecca 

What a great feeling when everything was loves!  That top picture of the masks makes me happy!  I see one I have waiting to be used and a few that I'm feeling like I'll have to seek out! @scott1201

I purchased those papaya wipes last month just due to how they smelled. I am happy to hear you liked them.

@scott1201 so glad you had so many loves 💖

@scott1201 so glad you had so many loves 💖

IMG_3514.jpgEmptiesThe more I use samples of it, the more I like the Tatcha Radiance Mask... not sure about purchasing it though because my experience of masks in pots is that they dry out before I finish using them :/

The Black Pearl mask from My Beauty Diary was nice - the fit on this brand's masks are really good for me - caused no irritation, and left my face feeling soft. I only usually leave masks on for about 10-15 minutes, but you could easily leave this on for longer. 

The Jeju Natural Aloe mask is really nice and is dripping in serum, but the fit isn't as comfortable as the ones from My Beauty Diary. 

Finally finished up the Apricot Scrub (took forever because I only use it once a week) and, since I am so gentle when I use it, I would probably repurchase it if only it was cruelty free. That being said, you do have to be very careful when using it (or it will be too abrasive) and I think that I can probably find something else to replace it. 

HUM Nutrition - haven't used any of their products before, or any other melatonin products for that matter (kind of surprising given my long history of insomnia). I actually like this and did think that it helped me to go back to sleep when I woke during the night (didn't do anything to help me go to sleep initially though). That being said, I think it is a bit pricey compared to other options since I don't need it packaged with calcium and B vitamins because I already take those supplements. Definitely seemed to improve the quality of my sleep and I felt absolutely RUBBISH the next day when I slept without taking it (when I ran out of the three day sample). If you don't already have the other vitamins hanging around the house and want to package it into one pill then I think this would be a good option. IMG_3506.jpg

I totally can't remember if I posted these already or not... the cleansing cloths are really good and took all traces of make-up off. 

The Milk mask had a smell that reminded me of hard boiled sweets and scented tobacco, which I didn't mind all that much since it reminded me of a sweet shop I used to frequent as a child, but the fit was just terrible for my face.

I liked the red ginseng mask and the seaweed mask but I don't know if I liked them enough to buy a pack of them. 

@sockmagnet the apricot scrub sounds delicious! lol I und...

@sockmagnet the apricot scrub sounds delicious! lol I understand tho about being careful, I found myself being too rough with my Walnut scrub 🤦

Weekly trash62CB21FD-33ED-4E5B-9B22-E3C53596DFB6.jpeg

Spoiler
Top three masks were good and I would repurchase all; the Coscodi is a very thin cotton mask and the Lapcos Oil is a 2-part strongly scented mask (love). The Dr. Jart+ is also 2-parts with ear straps and feels like a bandage; it’s a hydrogel that adheres fantastically to your face.

The Algenist and OH Truth Serum are both great, but I won’t purchase as I have plenty of samples to wade through.

The Cosmic Calm mask was $1 at Party City and something I picked up out of curiosity; it performed about as well as I expected, wouldn’t repurchase. The FaceINC mask was adorable but I couldn’t get it to stick and it caused some minor irritation. I couldn’t pinpoint the culprit, but it was fun to use. 

The Pacifica gloss was fine, just something I kept in the kitchen and won’t be repurchasing. I really love the Kenra Blow-Dry spray, have been trying some other products but nothing works like this one for my hair. 

The Maison Margiela Festival was fine, didn’t mind it (actually I liked the scent) but it doesn’t last on me. Didn’t care for the MJ Daisy but it wasn’t awful. A bit too floral for me. 

The Hourglass Immaculate foundation oxidized on my skin, have never had that happen before and it took me by surprise. I tried different serums and primers, but it did it every time. It had a strong chemical scent which also surprised me. A no-go.

RE: Re: Empties - 2019

@eshoe good info on the Hourglass foundation. It was on my list of possible tries. I will definitely test first!

Re: RE: Re: Empties - 2019

@christyrc I just did a quick search and it appears I’m not alone, definitely test it first if you are considering it.

I've been using the kenra for a long long time @eshoe one...

I've been using the kenra for a long long time @eshoe one of my favorites!

Re: I've been using the kenra for a long long time @eshoe one...

@lmaster love the scent, and it doesn’t make my hair look greasy, win-win😄

Empties - 2019

I decided to post twice a month so I dont forget how I feel about stuff, mainly the sheet masks. The Beauty Diary mask was nice but it may have broke me out the next day..so would have to test further. But it was good until then (thanks @itsfi!😁) I dont usually show candles but @lmaster gifted me this one & it was awesome! small but mighty! just finished the pumpkin, that'll be in the next empties. I think I reviewed everything in the mask thread so if you have any questions feel free to ask!

I love your half package sheet mask @sonnydee those are adorable!

Oh the SpaLife one @sonnydee - that review is still vivid in my mind to stay away.

Yes!!!! 😡@ShortErica stay away except the bubbles, if you dare. 😁 That one I'm glad I have 1 more of. 

E3AF772A-D446-4876-9F58-3E09F256C241.jpegLikes/okay

DBE50735-AEAB-4D49-9A2E-900BCEC4682E.jpegLoves

Loves- have already repurchased the amika, green clean, dp hue , boscia, Shiseido. Have deluxe  samples of some of these. Jordan Samuel is very nice will repurchase after I finish another hydrating serum.  I love the ceo serum but ouch it’s costly. Makes my skin look 🙌. The new first aid beauty cream is really nice and hydrating but not heavy or greasy!

likes/okay- biossance moisturizer was really nice especially with their squalene oil. Sunday Riley eye cream was so nice but I have a zillion deluxe samples of eye creams . My daughter dumped out the acv spray and replaced it with water 😭. The PTR I still can’t decide if it does anything. The eye patches were all messed up both were cut in half some had to to squish them together to

work. The skinceutical was nice but very pricey for just water and a mask. The living proof was nice but unsure if it really extended my hair style. Felt nice on my hair though. 

absolutely love the farmacy! great products you've gone t...

absolutely love the farmacy! great products you've gone through @jen81

@jen81 Loving your empties. I am a huge fan of the FRESH - Soy Face Cleanserand the FARMACY - Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm

Best,

Rebecca

You used a lot of great products, @jen81

Lots of wonderful empties @jen81! I also love teh FARMACY - Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm, I just opened a new one last night Smiley Tongue

RE: Empties - 2019

Decided I’ll join the empties train! This is like the last few months of 2018 until now which I just finished the Tatcha Water Cream, which I LOVE! Lightweight, feels nice and refreshing, my skin drinks it up and feels so good! Already have a backup so no need to repurchase Smiley Happy This is my first moisturizer that I’ve finished on my own- my one before this, the Aqua Bomb, my sister saw it when she came down for a school break and used a good bit when I was getting low on it already but most of the use was me Smiley Wink The Elizabeth and James Nirvana Rose dry shampoo was ok. The smell was a bit overpowering but it soaked in well and didn’t leave any white residue, but the lackluster part was that I saw it didn’t soak my oils up that well. Probably won’t repurchase. Amika Perk Up dry shampoo was a lot better. Scent is fresh but not too much and it absorbed my oils a lot better so I’ve already bought the full size when I finished this. I was a bit bad on not using any foils or samples so I’ll put that as another resolution to do!

3,019 Replies