Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life

Empties - 2019

Seeing product empties is so satisfying Smiley Happy

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

At least two week's worth of empties:

Week1emp.jpgWeek2emp.jpg

Spoiler
Week 1: I think the Briogeo could easily be a love, I just wasn't a fan of this scent (I'm guessing the banana is better). It worked quite well for my hair, though. The Sulwhasoo may make it on a future Beautylish order - it is a richly nourishing but light sleeping mask and my skin loved it. The Jurlique Balancing Rosewater mist is a past HG, but I've been venturing out and am currently working my way through the GR Watermelon mist which is so good for summer! Found the Velvet travel spray in the sale section, picked up a couple more as I am stocking up on my favorite (and discontinued) winter spray. Thankfully Masion's By the Fireplace is so similar, that will be my go-to after I run out.

Week 2: The Freeman wash-off mask was lovely and one I will pick up a FS of at some point, when I have room. It feels very luxe and has been a great drugstore brand find thanks to @IndyQT317. The fresh Poppy is such a great color - way outside of my comfort zone - and the formula lasts well on me. It's the first time I've tried this formula and I love it! I'm on my last DS of the Bioderma Micellar water and will be buying FS asap - it's that good. The GR Avocado Melt was nice, I'm partial to the YTTP Superberry so won't be buying the FS. It looks like the new formulation has retinol, and although I've heard it's only a very small percentage, my skin just doesn't agree with that ingredient.

The thumbs down is for the "I Heart Revolution" products, I thought they were glosses and rather they are the strangest formula; goes on like a gloss and dries to some sticky, bizarre mess. Tried one and tossing both. Not sure what they are supposed to do, but that's what I get for a throw-in-the-cart at the last minute purchase Smiley Very Happy

Masks:

week1masks.jpgweek1masks2.jpgWeek2masks.jpg

Spoiler
Week 1: The When masks are a staple. The Dewytree AC CTRL Deep Mask was a love and refreshing - the material of this mask is so soothing. Would love to stock up on those.

Week 2: The Merbliss is one of my favorites for its gauzy mask material. The Glow Loudey, I gave it another go, but it still is reminiscent of hose water. A big pass for me, though lots of others found the scent more along 'sweet leather' @lmaster Smiley Very Happy

@eshoe you are too funny!!

Weird masks are the spice of life @lmaster 😄

@eshoe So impressed, I do not even have a quarter of the empties you do. I need to step it up Smiley Happy

Best,
Rebecca

I am trying to be a bit more methodical about finishing products right now, @RebeccaBT. Want to be ready for the holiday sets!

Empties - 2019

love everything, but don't care for the scent on this particular hempz, like self tanner, but this one made my pores clog

RE: Empties - 2019

Here are my empties from the past 2 months or so!

Loves: Masque Vivant, Soulfood, Patchology

Likes/Good:Glow Recipe, Briogeo

Meh: Charcoal sheet mask broke me out, Skyn Iceland mask was dry(I wonder if it was a faulty package or something)

nn

Loves: Kiehls Calendula Deep Cleansing Face wash is amazing! Cleanses really well without leaving your skin feeling tight. I consider myself a cleanser connoisseur and would highly recommend this.

Really liked: It Cosmetics confidence in a cleanser feels lovely and creamy on the skin. My skin felt really soft and there was no residue or film left after washing it off. Only downside was the citrus peel oil or something similar on the formula. On days my skin was irritated from retinol I felt a slight burn. Glow recipe cleanser was gentle and pleasant to use, this was great as a second cleanse after a balm or oil. I wouldn't use it on the mornings, because it made my skin a smidge tight.

Good: Glossier cleanser and YTTP cleanser. Good for second cleanse, but a bit drying to use in the mornings.

Meh: Omorovicza cleansing balm (you absolutely need a flannel for this and even after a flannel I could feel a film on my skin) and Estee Lauder cleanser. Terribly expensive for what they do.

Bad: I am not a cetaphil person (cerave has better and more expensive formulas)

Beyond Bad: The SKII was the most horrid product I've ever used on my skin. My skin felt so dry it was painful.

Loves: Juliette Has a Gun Not a perfume, Essence nail polish drying drops, ABH brow wiz, Mac mascara (I love the wand on this one!)

Good/average: Tarte radiant setting spray, murad eye cream, Klorane body wash (moisturizing, but scent was basic), Alterna hairspray, Sturm HA serum(very good, but not worth $300 for FS), Caudalie cream

Bad: Pretty Vulgar (From influenster, the worst mascara I've used in a long time), Trestique eyeshadow stick (crumbles and uneven)

Some empties finally - I had duplicates of certain items but now they are done 😫 love the Tata Harper and would recommend.  I’m never out of Bum Bum Cream.  I finished the whole box of face masks.  Loved the Glow watermelon overnight mask and would recommend.  No more rice polish from a Tatcha,  I will replace as I absolutely love it.  No7 overnight worked well, not great but good.  I hated the smell so I won’t repurchase.  Drunk Elephant sample and Youth to the People samples good but not enough to form an opinion other than I liked the whipped moisturizer sample.  Next fragrance in a Cocoa Woods 😘 would probably buy a full size next time.  Loreal pure sugar scrub is perfect for me and smells so good.  On my third jar.  

20E32585-85B7-4576-8C58-04C9D3D9E980.jpeg

excellent empties!! bum bum is so great @2manyperfumes

excellent empties!! bum bum is so great @2manyperfumes

Re: excellent empties!! bum bum is so great @2manyperfumes

I’ve yet to find anything else better

@2manyperfumes Awesome empties! How were the face wipes? 

Best,
Rebecca

They were okay I like them with a bit more moisture but they do the job well.  Sometimes I spray a bit of micellar water on them.  

20190815_093135.jpg

My empties part one. 

Benefit brow pencil in 4.5 is my ride and die. I think my brows are my most expensive beauty purchase, besides haircare. 

Laura Mercier hydrating primer is a favorite, but I'm looking for something different.

Olehenriksen Truth cleanser and Truth vitamin C  serum are both holy grail! And they both come in travel size...for me that's a bonus since I travel a little. That vitamin C serum loves my skin and dries quickly, no oily feel to it.

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow moisturizer is fantastic! I did find another moisturizer I like a little better, but will still use it. Their sleep mask was ok. I use Belief instead now.

Jurlique rosewater mist was refreshing! Will restock!

KVD Lock-It setting powder was a fav, but I recently decided to reduce use of talc, which this product does contain. Won't repurchase this one sadly.

Too Faced Peach Perfect foundation is my favorite of all time! I like that it's NOT full coverage! I'm looking for other foundations to try, specifically powder. But this one is my go to!

Tatcha overnight memory serum was ok, I think there are other products that offer my skin more, which I use now.

Boscia face sponges are great! I'll use these in the morning. Feels nice and you may add a cleanser to it. 

Skin & Co. Whipped Cleansing Cream was a sample that dried out my face. I'm already dry so this is a pass.

Brows are my most basic need. I try a lot of brow products at the same time, so I don't finish them as fast.

@GodivaMoon I feel the same way about my brows! Definitely the product I have to replenish the most Smiley Happy

Best,

Rebecca

Wow those are a lot of empties @GodivaMoon ❤️ I love the Glow watermelon and sadly finished mine too. Olehenrickson 🥰👍

I love that foundation also! @GodivaMoon

I love that foundation also! @GodivaMoon

Re: I love that foundation also! @GodivaMoon

@lmaster  Right!!! I'm going to try their watermelon foundation!

@GodivaMoon  I agree with you on the Ole foam wash and vitamin c serum. Those are my daily go tos. Love love love them. 

FD870160-F202-4F81-BC49-F19BA23F24D9.jpegLoves- Saturday Skin Brightening sheet mask made my skin so soft and luminous. Fresh eye cream is a fav along with fresh lotus dream cream. Chantecaille mascara was a space nk birthday freebie. It’s very nice but full size is $74! So won’t be buying that!! Cools sunscreen is nice just searching for higher spf.

7035E794-24FC-4424-86EF-CEBEBAC923CB.jpeg

2,679 Replies