cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Empties from the first Quarter of 2024 - I cannot believe it’s already April, this year has been flying by! 

IMG_0735.jpeg

Verb Volume Conditioner - this is a nice cost effective conditioner that agrees pretty well with my hair. It’s moisturizing enough but I’d like to find something that has some protein benefits. I’d probably purchase the Ghost Conditioner over this one in the future.

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare DermInfusions™ Fill + Repair Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1 oz / 30 mL I really liked the sample of this and would love to scoop up a mini/deluxe sample to try at some point.

Juliette Has a Gun Not A Perfume one of my

favourite fragrances, this always gets me compliments. Considering purchasing a full size but I know this one is really popular right now which makes it feel a little saturated. Would consider purchasing the full size later but it’s not a priority. 

amika Perk Up Talc-Free Dry Shampoo 7.3 oz / 320 mL I loved how this preformed in terms of refreshing my hair but on my dark brunette hair it leaves almost a grey-white tone. Will not buy the full size.

Olaplex No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL I liked this more when I first tried it a few years ago. I felt like it left my hair wanting more moisture and didn’t really make a difference in other noticeable ways. I’m not going to repurchase. 

Cerave moisturizing cream - I’ve been using this for years and really love how moisturizing it is for my skin. Will definitely repurchase.

Bumble and bumble Mini Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Heat Protectant Leave In Conditioner Primer 2 oz/... Great formula, horrible dispensing mechanism. I have used this product tkme and time again and I just don’t like the spray function, even on the full size. It ways gets clogged up and sprays out in chunks. I would love to see this in a squeeze bottle cream forums instead. 

Jolly Gingerbread Village body cream - lovely cream that has helped keep my body moisturized and soft. I really love this formula and the scent, would use again for winter 2025 but I prefer unscented creams most of the time. 

The Systane are so great for dry eyes, my optometrist recommended these and specifically advised against using visene. I will pick up a bottle of these drops to have on hand, definitely worth it. 

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing facial  cleanser - this is my go to cleanser, it removes my SPF gently and doesn’t bother my sensitive skin.

Briogeo Superfoods Banana + Coconut Nourishing Conditioner I do love this conditioner and how soft it makes my hair. It also smells amazing but I would like to find a protein leave in conditioner to help my hair when I use this. It just doesn’t offer enough strengthening on its own. 

#the ordinary hemi-squalene is my favourite skincare oils ever and it’s off the site 😞 will be trying The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane 1 oz/ 30 mL instead 

The Ordinary Retinol 1% in Squalane, Signs of Aging Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL I went through a full bottle and just didn’t see any benefits, I’ll or ably pick up a prescription retinol instead. 

Dr. teals foaming bath lavender - this was so lovely, would definitely purchase the full size bottle. I also love these bath salts and will be picking up more! 🛁 

Great job @bakeamuffin 

Thank you @lmaster !

March Empties:

20240402_174852.jpg

Spoiler
All winners!  I actually have backups of each.

20240402_174935.jpg

Spoiler
I liked all of these, too, and I already have backups of about half of them.

20240402_175122.jpg

Spoiler
The Yves Saint Laurent Lash Clash Extreme Volume Mascara is probably my current fav mascara--I love how the way that it makes my lashes look longer and thicker.  I also already have another Arches and Halos Microfine Brow Pen going because it's my favorite brow pen.  The Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Ultra-Hydrating Lip Balm Banana Kiss smells amazing but I've realized that the scent is really the only thing that I like about it and I really don't care for the formula.  I think that I might have one more in my lip stash but after I finish it I doubt that I'll purchase others.

20240402_175229.jpg

Spoiler
I enjoyed the mini Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet that after I finished it I decided to go ahead and buy the 1 oz size (which I just got in the mail yesterday!).  The Bubblegum BBW Pocket Bac smells SO GOOD so I'm glad that I bought a few of them while they were available.  I also LOVE the iNNBEAUTY PROJECT INNBEAUTY PROJECT X poppi Sips & Lips Limited Edition Glaze Duo glosses and I currently have the other gloss from the set in my purse.  The #caliray Surfproof Hydrating Setting Spray with Niacinamide 3.4 oz / 100 mL was also a hit with me and if I didn't have a full Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray 3.3 oz / 100 ml going I'd probably buy the Caliray.  I think that I liked the Biossance Squalane + Hyaluronic Acid Copper Peptide Rapid Plumping Serum 1.69 oz / 50 mL but the sample was so small that I didn't get a chance to form a very solid opinion. 

20240402_175413.jpg

Spoiler
Meh.

@CookieGirl1  Great job!

Beautiful set of empties! @CookieGirl1 

@lmaster @ather thank you!

@CookieGirl1 that is a lot of empties , how did you like the brush cleaner? 

@scott1201 great idea, thanks

@CorgiMommy that brush cleaner is my absolute HG.  This is my...third?...bottle that I've been through.  If you need a quick brush cleaner I'd 500% recommend grabbing it during the sale, especially since you can get 30% off SC.

March 2024 Empties

Month-To-Date = 23

Year-To-Date = 110

3.2024 Empties 1.jpg

Spoiler

🐐 Touchland Hand Sanitizer - it’s a “must have” - keeps my hands fresh and clean, without tack or stickiness. Easy to carry and comes in a variety of great scents. This was the citrus scented version. 

🫤 I know I’m in the minority with this one - I’ve wanted to love Tower 28 SOS Spray (Sephoria swag) the way so many others do. It just hasn’t been a winning product for my face, but it’s been good for hydrating the skin on my body. 

👍🏼 We have another fabulous candle from Trader Joe’s - Peach Black Tea is one of my favorite scents. 🍑 

💖  love, beauty and power Beloved Peach Prosecco and Mimosa Flower Vegan Scented Candle - I love the scent so much that I picked up a couple of products from the bath and body line.

💖  Yankee Candle Mango Starfruit is a soft tropical fruity scent that is fresh, refreshing, and not too sweet scent. Defnitely repurchase worthy.

3.2024 Empties 2.jpg

Spoiler

🙊  The granules in the e.l.f. lip scrub are way too harsh and rough on my lips. I don’t know if it’s the size, shape or sheer volume of granules, but it’s just too much for me. It almost hurt to use it so I ended up decanting it into a jar and mixing in some Laneige lip sleeping mask to make it more emollient and less rough on my lips. That seems to have done the trick. 

👍🏼  Sadly for my wallet, I will in fact want a full size of the Le Paradis Tahitian Body Balm - it has more of a gel balm feel. The scent is magnificent - the monoi is not overly tropical and there’s a woodsiness to it that softens it. 

🐐  Gucci mist continues to be a well loved, oft used product -  great for skin prep, refresh and setting makeup.  This is my second bottle & I have a third, and last backup, already open. 

👍🏼  Rare Beauty primer (Sephoria swag) @missjeanie spoke well of this primer on the Capsule Makeup Collection Challenge thread so I made it one of my primary primers and it does create a nice, smooth canvas for my makeup. 

3.2024 Empties 3.jpg

Spoiler

👍🏼  Love the length I can get from the Hourglass Unlocked Mascara (gratis) though it can take some effort to nail down the right timing between coats to keep lashes from clumping 

💖  Beauty Bakerie makeup sponges that come in the egg cartons are my favorite sponges. This beauty sponge performs just as beautifully - blending products seamlessly when damp. I have mixed feelings about the brand's decision to shut down.

🐐  Sunblock is one of my favorite skincare products. I’m always interested in trying out new mineral sunblocks as technologies and ingredients improve formulations. That said, the lightweight Summer Fridays SPF continues to remain in my all-time top 3 (and my current top 3, for that matter)! Easy to apply, no pilling and effective. A huge “Thank you!” to @ather for introducing me to it. 

👍🏼  The light and lightweight consistency of The Inkey List Hyaluronic Acid (gratis) absorbs quickly without being tacky or sticky. I’ve worn it under a number of different moisturizers and foundations and it has not pilled. Leave skin bouncy &  hydrated. 

💖 It had been a while since I used a leave-in conditioner, and fhe Ceremonia Guava Leave-In Conditioner strikes a lovely balance between keeping hair moisturized and not being heavy on hair 

🐐  I feel like I have or have had every size ever made of Dr Jart Ceramidin Moisturizer. I was delighted to see it included in the SEPHORiA swag. Winter’s warrior against dryness and a compromised skin barrier.

3.2024 Empties 4.jpg

Spoiler
💖  Kerzon Jardin du Luxembourg Candle is a springtime walk in a French garden.

💖  Voluspa Goji Tarroco Orange Candle has one of the more potent throws (cold and when lit) among the brand's many beautifully scented candles. This one is bright, bold and fruity. 

💖  Voluspa Panjore Lychee Candle is more subtle, fresh and dewy. It's on the softer side. 

💖  Moon+ Heart Scented 2024 Year of the Dragon Candle is a fun one, with the coins and gems/crystals trinkets in the candle. There's a lot going on with the scent, but it all works beautifully - bergamot, black oud and peony.

💖  Harlem Perfume Co. (fka Harlem Candle Company) Speakeasy Candle looks pretty and smells lovely. I wouldn't have minded if it were more smokey and boozy, but the subtly sweet bourbon scent is really nice. 

A slow month for both foils and sheet masks.A slow month for both foils and sheet masks.

Spoiler

🐐  Dr Jart Ceramidin Cream is a winter warrior for my skin. It moisturizes and protects without being heavy or greasy. 

👍🏼  Ilia C Beyond serum tint is a like, not a love. It is best suited when my skin is clear, or mostly clear, and very dry. It doesn’t give a lot of coverage and is not meant to. It does feel hydrating on the skin but it can also make my skin look overly shiny. I have a full size, from a variety box of clean beauty products. I’m not sure whether this is one I’ll keep or end up gifting to someone this will be a better fit for, or giving it away. 

🐐  These Sephora Collection Caffeine Eye Masks are tried-and-true favorites. Am desperately hoping these are not being discontinued. 🤞🏼 

🙊  LalaRecipe Glow Face Moisture Mask is pretty to look at with the glitter infused into the clear, hydrogel 2-piece sheet mask, but the fit of both pieces required too much effort to make it worth it. The openings for the eyes were too small and narrow, even for my eyes which are on the smaller side. I couldn’t open my eyes fully when I had on the top part and cutting it to make the opening larger just tore the top half into another piece. 😆 The bottom half also had its issues with staying on.  

💖  The L’Occitane sheet mask is a surprise hit. I wasn’t expecting to love it so much, in large part because I don’t intuitively think sheet masks when I think of L’Occitane. That said, this is a beautiful mask - the milky / creamy serum is soothing and moisturizing, nourishing. My skin drank it up. 

Emoji Key:

Spoiler

🐐 = GOAT = Greatest Of All Time (have gone through at least two of the particular product and other comparable items)

😘 = Chef’s Kiss = Outstanding 

💖 = Love 

👍🏼 = Like 

🫤 = Okay; “It’s fine.”; “meh

🔬 = Undecided = “Still looking into it

🙊 = Not for me / my skin type

🙅🏻‍♀️ =  = “No, non, nein, nyet, …” 

Touchland Power Mist Hydrating Hand Sanitizer 

Tower 28 Beauty SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray 4 oz/ 120 mL 

Gucci Brume de Beauté Beauty Mist 2.7 oz / 80 mL 

Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Mini Pore Diffusing Primer- Always An Optimist Collection 0.50 oz./15 mL 

Hourglass Unlocked Instant Extensions Lengthening Mascara 

Summer Fridays ShadeDrops Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mineral Milk Sunscreen 1.7 oz / 50 mL 

The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Ceremonia Guava Hydrating Leave-In Conditioner 6.7 oz / 200 mL 

Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Skin Barrier Moisturizing Cream 2.53 oz / 75 mL 

VOLUSPA Goji & Tarocco Orange Glass Jar Candle 

VOLUSPA Panjore Lychee Glass Jar Candle 

ILIA C Beyond Triple Serum SPF 40 Mineral Sunscreen with Vitamin C 10% + Niacinamide 

@itsfi  I also forgot to mention how amazing Peach tea candle is! It smells soooo yummy! Almost as good as the pineapple cilantro 🌿 one! 

@ather Oh my... Pineapple Cilantro... loving the sound of that one!  Trader Joes candles for the win!

@itsfi  Wow!! Amazing job!!! So many 🐐 and 💖! I love seeing all the favs!! Great job on the candles too!! 

@itsfi I just love your rating system!  I had to zoom in and save a screen shot of the Beloved Peach Prosecco and Mimosa Flower candle.  It sounds so yummy.  I didn't even know this brand made candles and now I have to make sure to give some sniffs next time I'm in a store!

Thank you @missjeanie. Gotta say, putting together that emoji key rating system was one of the most fun things I’ve done this year. 🥰

I wish I had picked up more of the peach Prosecco and mimosa flower candle. Next time, definitely next time. Will keep my eye out for it this year.

Fantastic job 🙌 @itsfi 

@lmaster, thank you. Lots of skincare and candles empties.

@itsfi that is a a lot empties, great job

@CorgiMommy, thank you. There’s usually a few months here and there where my candle empties are larger than usual, like March. 

10,744 Replies
testing