cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

IMG-2291.jpg

I'm pretty sure using the Glow Recipe semi regularly gave me dermatitis, but idk if I can blame the product instead of my skin, my skin just doesn't like acids. Sadly the EL perfume was smelling a little off before I finished it but I love the beachy smell and might repurchase in the future. My only true love in the bunch is the Color Wow, which I've already repurchased in a regular size and a jumbo. The lanolips 101 is a the best for extra dry lips.

IMG-2292.jpgThe CP palette, Milani blush, NYX pencil and Nars lippie were smelling funky, the SC liner dried out super fast (idk if I didn't put the cap back on all the way or what since it's new from this year). The rest are empty and I probably would repurchase.

@makeitup305 excellent job!

Great job @makeitup305!  I had to stop using the Glow Recipe toner too, they started smelling bad really fast.

@makeitup305  Wow, great job!

@makeitup305 Whoa!!! Great job!!

Thanks @Samtian ! 

Holy moly, sooo many empties 🤩 @makeitup305 amazing work!

I had to stop using my GR toner after out of nowhere I noticed I was having cheek flare ups. I can use it once or twice a week now but that's it, or I get redness. It's was so nice but after my current bottle I don't see it being repurchased again. 

@CynthieLu that's too bad. Give the Pyunkang Yul a try if you're interested. It's pretty affordable and more gentle than the GR. They have presoaked pads as well as the toner by itself in the Calming line. I also love their moisturizing toner essence in the blue bottle for extra hydration.

@makeitup305 great job! 

thanks @BluePaisley !

Wow @makeitup305! Excellent work! 👊🏼 Sorry to hear about the Glow Recipe toner - do you know if it’s acids in general that your skin doesn’t respond well to or a specific acid? My skin doesn’t do well with frequent use of PHAs. They’re supposed to be more gentle but my skin disagrees.

@itsfi I actually got along with it and the Some By Mi toner ok, but I was using them very sparingly, maybe once or twice a week. My skin doesn't usually like acids in general, AHAs and BHAs have never really worked for me. I used the By Wishtrend Mandelic Acid toner and didn't seem to have any issues with consistent use, however. I've also used the The INKEY List Tranexamic Acid Hyperpigmentation Treatment 1 oz/ 30 mL and no issues either but idk exactly what category those fall into. 

@makeitup305, mandelic acid is an AHA. Tranexamic acid isn't an exfoliant, despite its name. It is often found in products with exfoliating acids but is not one itself.

@itsfi ok, good to know. For AHAs I've tried glycolic which I'm not a big fan of, and lactic which can be ok. I went through the whole bottle of the Wishtrend toner with 3x a week use (if I recall, it was a while back) without issues so I always keep it in mind. The Some By Mi is supposed to be pretty gentle but it still felt a little more stripping than I prefer. I've been using the Pyunkang Yul Calming Toner and the Calming Toner Pads and can use those every day even though they have citric acid and gluconolactone. I would say they're pretty gentle, enough for daily use but maybe not 2x per day. The empty tub with the green lid is one of the pad containers. 

@makeitup305, mandelic acid is said to be a more gentle formulation and that Wishtrend product gets a lot of rave reviews. I wonder if the Some by Mi felt more stripping because of the combination of exfoliating acids - it contains AHAs, BHAs and PHAs. Your skin may not like having all those acids in one product. 

@itsfi it could be, even if they're the more gentle options of those 3. It also has peppermint, which I wasn't a fan of. I think someone with oily skin might like it more. I do think the Glow Recipe might still be a good option for someone with dry skin. It's most likely user error on my part, either waiting too long to use it up (since I go so long between uses) and then using it too much. Idk if I remember having any issues with irritation while I was spacing it out, and I think I remember my skin feeling quite soft. Idk maybe I'll try a mini at some point in the future. I just stopped using another one I bought recently, the Benton Snail Bee Toner, because it felt irritating. I think it's the high witch hazel content because I've used their High Content Essence and didn't have an issue. 

@makeitup305 k, I have to know--what's the shampoo in the big bottle, bottom picture?

@CookieGirl1 it's the Daeng Gi Meo Ri conditioner. I buy the 2 conditioner + Shampoo sets at Costco. It works great for my hair despite the shampoo having sulfates and the conditioner having silicones and it got me off silicone free and sulfate free hair care which I had been using for >10 years. I think living in such a dry climate, my hair needs the silicone as protection maybe? Between my bf and I we've gone through quite a few. It's not the most luxurious or best smelling but it does the trick. 

December empties💚❤️All loves and would definitely repurchase.All loves and would definitely repurchase.

Good, but probably will not repurchase.Good, but probably will not repurchase.

@faeriegirl you did fabulous!

Thank you so much @lmaster!

10,781 Replies
testing