cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@Cissy63 great job, I know how tough it is when you get a sample, love it but really can't afford it.

@CorgiMommy  Thank you 😃.  I keep looking at different sites for sales😅

Great job @Cissy63 !  Hopefully you can find an alternative to the Tula🤞🏻

@faeriegirl  Thank you 😃. I am using a Tatcha one now that I bought last fall.  And so far it’s working fine.  But once it’s done, I will have to see if I want to repurchase due to the cost😔

Great work on these empties @Cissy63 ❤️❤️❤️

@happyskincare  Thank you very much 😀

Lovely empties! Great work. Love the product selection ❤️ @Cissy63 

@peculiarzmakeup  Thank you kindly😃

Great work on your empties @Cissy63 🎉🎉

I hear you, Sulwhasoo and Shiseido are soo good but hard on the wallet. 🙈 Getting them in sets is a little bit better thou. 😉

@CynthieLu  Thanks, yep that was a great way to give them a try😁

Great job on the empties, @Cissy63

@CookieGirl1  Thank you so much! 

Excellent work @Cissy63! Ohhh Sulwhasoo, the entire brand is fabulous! 😘 They have some fantastic deals near the end of the year - Cyber Monday, holidays, year end. Worth signing up on their site for notifications. 🔔 

@itsfi  Oh I have already signed up 😍.  Good to know about the holiday sales!

Feburary 2024 Empties

2.2024 Empties 1.jpg

Spoiler

👍🏼 MILK melatonin lip mask has since been discontinued. It’s too bad, I liked the consistency - thick-ish and balmy but not sticky. Nicely moisturizes lips. I used this lip mask as a DIY tinted lip balm, mixing it with an eyeshadow from the ND Biba palette.Thank you to @heartsmyface for suggesting the DIY tinted lip balm. 

🫤 Too Faced peaches lip balm had a light pleasant peach scent. Consistency wise it was waxier and not as easy to work with as the MILK.

👍🏼 Laneige water sleeping mask was my first ever sleeping mask. It's been reformulated and the new one is good as well. My favorite is the cica version. 

👍🏼These Sephora Collection coconut cleansing wipes I use occasionally to clean up mascara that has smeared or flaked throughout the day or to remove swatches. 

🔬Floral Street Ylang Ylang is one I’m on the fence about - some days I really enjoyed the leathery, woody, spicy notes to this one, made unique as a result of the slight bits of patchouli that lingers on the dry down, but other days, the patchouli notes were just too much for me.

🐐 Ellis Brooklyn MYTH is a well loved perfume, both for its fresh, floral, and soft citrus scent and the memories it brings to mind whenever I spritz it.

❤️ The combination of jasmine and a creamy, slightly spicy vanilla is intense but not in an overwhelming sort of way in Viktor & Rolf Good Fortune, softening over time as it wears. I love the longevity of it too. 

👍🏼 Valentino Born in Roma is sweet, woodsy and floral - not a combo I thought I would like but I do. It works well on my skin and has decent lasting power. 

👍🏼I’m slowly getting back to using a toner in my routine. Dear Klairs, Supple Preparation Unscented Toner is hydrating & moisturizing, adding a refreshed & supple feel to skin. 

🔬3 gummies are not enough to know whether it lives up to the Vegamour GRO Biotin Gummies claim to make hair thicker and fuller. Good news is that I didn’t experience any breakouts from it, which was a possibility because my skin doesn’t always respond well to biotin taken orally.

2.2024 Empties 2.jpg

Spoiler

👍🏼Threshold Cashmere Persimmon Candle - the scent is soft and cozy, with a slightly fruity floral bent. I don’t know if persimmon comes to mind per se, but the notes are pleasant and bright without being too fruity or floral.

👍🏼Voluspa Noble Fir Garland is a lovely scented Christmas tree 🎄 in a jar.

🫤 Glow Recipe SPF is fine but not a favorite. 

👍🏼Tatcha clarifying mask is one of those products I wish I didn’t like 💸💸💸 This has been a good one to have on hand for treating larger areas like my chin and jawline.

2.2024 Empties 3.jpg

Spoiler

👍🏼Westman Atelier Dew Drops III add a beautiful luminosity to the skin. On good skin days, I can wear it on its own, sometimes using a couple of layers, with or without concealer.  When my skin needs more coverage, this makes a nice illuminating primer under a foundation with more coverage.

🙊Floral Street Iris Goddess is more woody, earthy, and powdery than my nose likes. 

🙅🏻‍♀️ Floral Street London Poppy is a citrusy floral that starts off fresh but unfortunately turns into an unpleasant metallic scent. 

👍🏼Jason Wu lip mask was emollient without being goopy. There’s a slip to it that makes it easy to apply. It’s a good lip balm and you get a lot of bang for your buck considering how much product is in the jar.

👍🏼Dame Body Wipes come in handy for traveling or for quick & easy refresh post-gym when you might not have enough time for a shower. 

👍🏼Finally used up the Purell Hand Sanitizer. It’s a nice product (and great for keeping at my work desk) and I’d happily use it again, but it’s not my favorite hand sanitizer - hello, Touchland!

👍🏼Sephora Collection makeup sponge (gratis) is a good one - bouncy, works well and is economically priced.

🔬I’m not sure how I feel about pre-wash oils in general. Ceremona Aceite de Moska was the first one I’ve ever used and it was … alright, I guess. I don’t know if I really noticed anything different from it. Compared to the Fable & Mane product, I feel like it’s easier to rinse out, which is a plus.

❤️ Trader Joe’s Rose Candle smells divine, on the cold throw and when lit. Like real roses. 🌹 

❤️ Voluspa Sparkling Cuvée - fresh, slightly sweet citrus ans rosy notes mix with a soft woodsy effervescence. 

2.2024 Empties 4.jpg

Spoiler

❤️ Voluspa Cinnamon Woods - woody, cinnamon and spicy. It’s a very autumnal scent but works well in the winter too for that cozy comfy feel. 

😘 NARS tinted moisturizer, an OG classic!  A tried and true favorite. 

👍🏼 The Crème Shop Moisturizing Hand Creme Lavender Clouds, a gift from a friend, offers up a lovely, soothing lavender scent while keeping my hands soft and moisturized. 

👍🏼 I try to drink a lot of water throughout the day. Some days I like my water to have a little kick - I don’t mind the taste of plain water but a little extra flavor is also nice. This is where Waterdrop Microdrink Iced Tea Blueberry comes in - it adds a tasty flavor to water. 

2.2024 Empties 5.jpg

Spoiler

👍🏼Shu Uemura Izumi Tonic Candle was from the Rewards Bazaar. Initial throw is very soft, almost imperceptible; becomes more prominent as it burns down, with mix of fresh, lightly citrusy, clean, woodsy notes. Adds a serenity to a small room.

🔬Caliray Setting Spray gives me a bit of a glow. I have setting sprays that are well loved and I don’t need an additional one; that said, I would be curious to see how this performs on my skin in the warmer months when it’s more normal-combo-oily. 

❤️ Maison Margiela Replica Winter Stroll Candle - a winter wonderland, Christmas tree lane feel, with less of the cool alpine scent I expected. The cool & cozy feels pairs really well with a familiar, warm, slightly woodsy scent reminescent of a man's cologne. 

🐐Lancôme Monsieur Big Waterproof Mascara is / has been a GOAT product for the better part of a decade. My eyelids are oily and waterproof mascaras really hold up well against them; this one being a tried and true performer. 

🐐amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo, another GOAT product. I love this stuff. It soaks up the excess oils in my hair, making it look and feel cleansed, all without leaving white flakes or a filmy residue. 

2.2024 Empties 6.jpg

Spoiler

👍🏼 Hudson Grace Tart Kumquat Candle has a fresh, fruit-floral, citrusy bent to it, an interesting combo of slightly sweet and a little bit tart.

❤️ Threshold Black Honey Vanilla Lidded Candle smells amazing - a rich, creamy mix of spice, almond, caramel possibly and rum, wit a light musk scent weaved throughout to temper the sweetness.

❤️ DW Home Peach Aurora Tea is a delicious scented mix of freshness and sweet fruits - peach and nectarine scents come to mind along with some sweet, crisp citrus notes. 

2.2024 Empties 7.jpg

Spoiler
Not a bad sheet mask in this bunch. I posted more details about each mask on the 2024 Masking Challenge thread. 

In addition to these empties, I also finished 15 foils which I posted to the Foil Challenge thread earlier in the week.

2024 Empties Dashboard (as of 3.2.2024):

Month-To-Date: 62

Year-To-Date: 87

Emoji Legend:

Spoiler

🐐= GOAT = Greatest Of All Time (have gone through at least two of the particular product and other comparable items)

😘= Chef’s Kiss = Outstanding 

❤️ = Love 

👍🏼= Like 

🫤 = Okay; “It’s fine.”; “meh

🔬= Undecided = “Still looking into it

🙊= Not for me 

🙅🏻‍♀️ = = “No, non, nein, nyet, …” 

Tags:

@itsfi  Now that’s an empties!! You finished off so many lip masks and candles!! I have one of the milk lip masks that I haven’t even opened yet 🤦🏻‍♀️.  Talk about goals!!

Thank you @missjeanie! Those lip masks, I tell ya. So much product and so pigmented with just the teensiest bit - which is great but at the same time just makes it that much longer to work through. At one point I had one or both on my desk at work and it would be what I reached for when I needed to redo my lips. 

@itsfi I might need to move one of mine to my desk at work as well!  Good idea!

Let me know how it goes for you @missjeanie @if you decide to try it. I find that it at least keeps it top of mind for me. 

@itsfi I brought one with me today!  I might already have a half dozen lip products in my desk, but I'm hoping to get through some of these massive pots of lip mask this year.  If I make it my go to product at work I think I've got a shot!

Your comment about having half a dozen lip products at your desk already had me laughing @missjeanie! I can so relate. If I’m missing a lip product my first thought is to check my desk drawers at work if I came find them in my purse. 😆 For me, I have to keep the lippie within eyesight and it has to basically be the only one on my desk; if I have choices, it could spell trouble. Ha! 

Good luck! Can’t wait to hear about your progress! Operation: Lip Mask is underway!! 

10,745 Replies
testing