cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Wow! Amazing job emptying all of those @lmaster!

Also, the teacher side of me can’t seem to shy away from a math problem. 57 empties this month keeps you on track to fulfill your goal of 600 by the end of the year!

@JoSometimes aww thanks! Some months are not this good 🤣 I'm trying to keep a realistic goal this year

January 2023 Empties

January Empties 1.jpg
Spoiler
I love every product here. The Olaplex shampoo and conditioner and the Sol de Janeiro are repeated repurchases and are beauties I've frequently gifted to others as well, which is particularly poetic with respect to the Olaplex, as they were part of my very first gratis (thank you, @TeamBIC)! The Tower 28 and Saie sunscreen are on the top of my list for the spring sale and the Ilia serum foundation will like follow suit in the fall, though I wouldn't be surprised if one or all 3 were repurchased before those timeframes. The peach hand soap was a purhcase enabled by @Shosh85 a while ago. It has a delicious peach scent.
January Empties 2.jpg
Spoiler
The Biossance and Rose Inc treats are good; I like them when my skin is more on the oilier side and can see myself purchasing a full size of both when the weather warms up. The Nature Lab scalp scrub was fine but I have plenty of hair care products, including hair scrubs, to make my way through first. I'm on the fence about the Mara Universal Face Oil;  I have and have tried a number of face oils and this one was fine enough but not a standout for me vis-a-vis other face oils. 
January Empties 3.jpg
Spoiler
Two sheet masks didn't make it to the photo shoot. 😉 Of the ones pictured, all but the honey mask pack are ones I'd repurchase. The Dr. Jart is a dream for dry or damaged skin and one that I'm loving this winter. It's one I plan to always have on hand in my stash.
January Empties 4.jpg
Spoiler
January was a good month for candles. I focused on using up my candles that were already in use and held off on lighting new ones until I got through most of them. All 3 of the Voluspa candles are repurchase-worthy and the same goes for the Nest Grapefruit candle. The Fovr Mood duo smells lovely paired together; alone, my preference is for Sip Happens. 
I'll do my usual breakdown of my empties by category on a quarterly basis, but for now, as of the end of January, my total empties count is: 
MTD / YTD: 32 empties

@itsfi   Good use of products.  And so many candles!  Good for you 😃

@Cissy63, thank you. It’s been good to work all the way through these candles. 👍🏼 

@itsfi Your candle use in January!!  Dang!  I'm a fan of those Dr. Jart masks as well.  They're so nice this time of year. 

lol @missjeanie. I was committed to making use of my candles. And not having so many in various states of use - 3/4 used, half used, 1/8th used etc. I grabbed a handful of them and just treated them like I do my foundation when I’m doing a shop my stash - only pull out 3 or 4 and then work through them until I finish or grow tired of them and then swap them out for other ones. Rinse and repeat. 😂 It seems to be working, since I finished a lot of candles last month and have made some significant progress on some foundations too. I like this win-win thing! 😉 😘 

@itsfi I need to do this with foundations!!

@missjeanie, definitely give it a try. It’s helped me work through my foundations. I decluttered a lot of foundations a couple years ago so the ones I have in my stash are ones I either like or love, but I still find that I have a bunch in varying states of use and that really is not necessary, you know?! 😆

So, if there’s no foundation in my project pan (none this year), I pull out 3-5 that I plan to rotate through most of the time for 4-8 weeks depending on my mood, and then I revisit it, sometimes taking out a few and subbing in others; other times rotating them all out for another group of base products. If I have an event and I want to use a foundation not in the mix, not a problem. I just reach for it, use it and put it back. Or if I’m like “ohhh, I like this a lot.” I’ll take a foundation out and add that one to the mix. What is it that thing that was really popular a while back, maybe it still is … having a capsule wardrobe. I do that but with my foundations. 😉 

@itsfi I tend to this naturally as I end up sticking to a group of products for weeks at a time for all the categories I use.  I've got two that I'm trying to work on the first quarter, but I think I really do need to do a self project of trying them all again and eliminating some of the ones I don't love.  Not always the easiest for me as I never want to waste.  

I hear that @missjeanie! I don’t like feeling like I’m wasting. I try to see how they work in different seasons and if it’s still not working, to see if I can rehome things and if not, I declutter. But even that can be hard. Easier said than done. As evidenced by a bag of things I had decided to declutter … but funny, how they’re still here. 😝 😔 Gotta let them gooooo. 

@itsfi I think there are going to be some things that Back to Mac ending is going to give me a nudge to declutter.   But come figuring out how to store my stash.... I'm going to need to do some decluttering as well. 

Yeah, decluttering can be a good thing @missjeanie. It has made me more mindful of what I bring in, and to try to get as much use of the things. 😃 

You're off to a fantastic start, @itsfi

Thank you @curlychiquita! I’m at a place where most of the products I have are ones I’ve used before and liked or are full sizes so it’s nice to see/know that I am actually working through them. 😊 

@itsfi  Great job!! The tower 28 and the saie are great!! I love them both equally!! The SKII masks are such a great treat. I love them. They make my skin feel so good!! You did an awesome job using up your candles!! 

@ather, the Tower 28 and Saie give me a dewy, glowy complexion - nothing to complain about that this winter! 😆 Oh the SK-II masks were a random find at Marshall’s - they were on clearance. I couldn’t believe it! They were perfectly fine too - plenty of essence.

@itsfi  Oh my that’s a steal!!! 

Excellently categorized empties @itsfi 

Olaplex's Shampoo is a favorite of mine too 😍 I really want to try the Dr Jart Mask as soon as I can get my hands on it, your reviews on it have sold me! You even finished all those candles🕯great work on these this month!

@CynthieLu, it feels like I’ve gotten to the point where I have fewer “new to me” products so there’s less things that fall into the “meh” or “okay” categories. I have fewer samples too that come from variety gwp promos. So I am finding ways to adjust my category of empties to present. Ahhh, candles!! 🕯️ So comforting in the winter months. 😃 

@itsfi Great empties. That is cool to know what your first gratis was. How could we ever forget. I bet you were so excited when you got it 😊. Great work on your candles. I find there is something soothing about candles in the winter time ❄️

10,615 Replies
testing