cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@BluePaisley  great job! Glad you found some loved that work well for you!

Wow @BluePaisley, these are some great empties! 😍 Cinnamon dolce sounds so warm and cozy and delicious!! 🤎 I love the Dr Jart Ceramidin Cream - one of my favorite moisturizers. 💛

@itsfi It’s so amazing if you like tree hut scrubs. This and candy cane which are both seasonal are my favorites! 

I didn’t have a lot of empties this round as I haven’t been targeting anything specific to pan.  

IMG_2170.jpeg

^That’s everything.  I LOVE the Diane cotton pads I buy off Amazon. I actually have a subscription for them so I never have to think about replacing them.  They’re the closest I’ve come to the Shiseido ones and they’re only $6. 

IMG_2172.jpeg

^All of these I’ve already replaced.   The Good Patch Rescue patches are your friend if you’re doing any holiday drinking.  Just saying.  They’re magic. 

IMG_2173.jpeg

 A little eyeliner and skincare declutter.  Eyeliners are not performing as well.  The sonage was nice at first but there are uneven clumps of pink in it now so it must be off.  I LOVE the Etude house and just need to buy  a refill for the cute compact.  

@heartsmyface that is impressive!

@heartsmyface  Wow great job!  Thanks for the tip on Good Patch Rescue Patches ! 

@heartsmyface  Great job!! Those makeup removing pads sound great. Adding to cart! 

@heartsmyface Looks like you have a lot of great empties!!! Ohh i could use one of those parches today. Making notes!!

@heartsmyface Whoo still an amazing job!

Ooooh, those Diane cotton pads sound wonderful @heartsmyface. Just added a pack to my cart. 🛒 The Etude House compact is so cute - is it a powder or cushion foundation? 

Need to remember to bring those Rescue patches with me. 

@itsfi   They were a great find!  Let me know what you think when you try them!  
The Etude has a cushion pad applicator but isn’t a cushion in that it’s contained in a sponge.  It’s more like a thick paste with a net on top.  
The rescue patches are going to be a lifesaver over the holidays!  I like the license to let loose without the adult consequences.  

@heartsmyface  great job! Even though you say it's not a lot, it still seems like a pretty good batch of empties to me! I feel like I don't go through as many products as quickly as a lot of people seem to, but part of that is not being as consistent with use as I'd ideally like.

@caitbird  Fair enough.  It doesn’t seem like a lot perhaps cause I tend to go months at a time before doing an empties post and I am actually on schedule this time :D.  Plus I’ve been all over the place using different products everyday.  It’s hard to get through anything that way.  
Yeah getting into a routine that you actually follow is a big part of it.  I find it’s easier to simplify things when I’m taking out of routine- though I do love the process of, say, ten step skincare.  

November empties:

20231201_213617.jpg

The Biolage Strength Recovery was fine but I don't think I'll end up repurchasing it and I've been through several of the amika Bust Your Brass Blonde Purple Shampoos but I think that my hair is finally "tired" of it so I won't be repurchasing it, either.  The Drybar Agua Fresca Hydrating Shampoo 8.5 oz / 250 mL was a little "meh" but I actually really liked the Drybar Agua Fresca Hydrating Conditioner 8.5 oz / 250 mL and it was conveniently on sale for BF so I snagged a replacement.  The Verb Bonding Shampoo 12 oz / 355 ml and Verb Bonding Mask 6.3 oz / 186 ml are declutters; I made it about halfway through each but finally realized that they were the culprits behind some scalp irritation that I'd been having.

20231201_213749.jpg

Already repurchased the Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Illicit Green Eau de Parfum and already had a backup of the Charlotte Tilbury Jumbo Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray 6.7 oz / 200 ml ready to go.  The Glow Recipe Avocado Ceramide Moisture Barrier Cleanser 5 oz / 150 mL was actually nice but not a standout and the Medi-Peel Bor-Tox serum (a Korean peptide serum) was a little underwhelming.

20231201_213942.jpg

Not really a fan of any of these 😕.

20231201_214028.jpg

I've been through multiples of both the tarte maracuja juicy lip liner and the tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Plump and I already have backups ready to go but the Rhode lip treatment was a little bit of a fail.  I loved the scent of the Salted Caramel but the formula wasn't a fav.

20231201_213506.jpg

Yes, yes, yes 😍

Gorgeous display of empties! @CookieGirl1 

@CookieGirl1  Wow so many empties!  Great job!  I love the Tarte lippies too.  I have one or two in my purse all the time 😀.  The candles sound so good 😊 

@CookieGirl1  Great job!

@CookieGirl1 Great empties! I am curious why your hair is tired of the Amika? Have you tried the IGK Mixed Feelings Purple Leave-In Blonde Toning Drops 1 oz/ 30 mL ? When I had highlights I just need a drop or two mixed with some serum and I found it to be really efficient in toning my hair. Thank you for all of your feedback!!

@Mellmars1185 First of all, the Amika really isn't "purple" enough to do anything for my hair.  My go-to is the Olaplex No. 4P Blonde Enhancing Toner Shampoo 250 mL/ 8.5 oz because it definitely does the job although it's definitely pretty drying (as I typically expect from a purple shampoo).  I was honestly just using the one from Amika because it was oddly hydrating for my hair and functioned as a basic everyday-style shampoo that I could use but more recently it's just been leaving my hair feeling a little dull and lifeless and to be fair, I feel like my hair texture has changed a little bit this year so for now it's time to take a break and not repurchase it.

@CookieGirl1 Wowza great job!! I still need to try that Black Opium.

@Samtian I'm not a fan of the original Black Opium but this one includes a jasmine note and jasmine normally works really well with my skin.

10,744 Replies
testing