cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@itsfi what great selection! That IS cleanser sounds wonderful. Did you see that SdJ is releasing another body wash Sol de Janeiro Mini Beija Flor™ Renewing Body Wash 3 oz / 90 mL ?

Thank you @makeitup305! I'm trying not to go down a rabbit hole with iS Clinical and just stick to loving the honey face cleanser in the cooler months. We'll see how that pans out; I really have gone down plenty of rabbit holes with different brand - no regrets and have found some great products along the way. 

That SdJ fragrance range is my favorite of all their scents and I was thrilled to see the new addition. SdJ sent me a mini of the body wash (and I purchased one when they had early access) - need to pull it out to try. I've been busy with a few projects at work and home so I've not had too much time to get to other things, like beauty products. Making a note to sort through some boxes to set aside the body wash. 

@itsfi I haven’t tried anything from IS Clinical but I’ve heard good things. I don’t need another rabbit hole either lol I might pick up the SdJ body wash during the sale. I feel like I remember what it smelled like but not 100% sure. Let me know what you think!

Oh my, half over already @itsfi ? That seems so fast. 😅

Fabulous work on your empties this month!

Thank you @CynthieLu. A lot of full size products were used up in June, so it probably means it'll be a while before a handful of full sizes come up empty again. 😀 

@itsfi Wooo great job!!!

Thank you @Samtian! It’ll be interesting to see what the final tally looks like at the end of the year. I’ve been trying to not have too many full size products opened at once so I can just work through the ones I do open and then take foils with me when I travel, but I may decant the full size into travel bottles for my next few work trips. 🤔 I didn’t realize my full size and foils usage would be so close at this point. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Great job!! @itsfi 

Thank you @lmaster. One of the plus side to having all my stuff in boxes 📦 is that I work my way through what I have out a lot more quickly. 😆 

@itsfi Lots of full size empties. Great work! The individually packages nail polish remover is so neat. I have not seen it before. I use the same brand in the bottle and I find it very effective.

@Mellmars1185 I love the packets. I keep some in my glove box of my car for days I forget to take nail polish off before work. 

@Mellmars1185, if you’re able to find the individual packets, I highly recommend picking up a box; to have on hand for travel. I like full size bottle too - my second favorite nail polish remover after Zoya. 💅🏼 

@itsfi  Wow impressive!!! Looks like this month you used a lot of your tried and true products, with a few new ones sprinkled in! You can’t go wrong using your tried and true! I love that you have a favourite nail polish remover for travel. That really would come in handy! I have had the OLEHENRIKSEN Pout Preserve Hydrating Peptide Lip Treatment Original  on my radar and I’ll have to pick it up and give it a try! 

@ather, thank you. It's so interesting how I cycle through empties. I focused on whittling my foils in the first part of the year, and it seems like the latter part will be spent on deluxe sized samples, and full size products, of course, but that's a year long endeavor. The individual wrapped nail remover wipes are so conenient for travel; less worry that a bottle will leak or spill. The OH lip treatment is in my top 5 as far as lip balms go, along with Rhode, Laneige lip sleeping mask, Summer Fridays. That's 4 so I take that to mean I must continue with lip balms to find another one to complete a top 5 list. 🤣 Would love to know how the OH performs for you if you decide to pick up one of these days.

@itsfi I'm curious on the shower oil - - does it foam at all or does it stay liquidy? Also, that Eminence cleanser sounds delightful! Does it actually warm up?

@CookieGirl1, the SC shower oil suds up slightly, not to the level that I'd say it even foams up or lathers. A few bubbles; I can get more if I apply it to a loofah or a shower puff, but it's very minimal. Do you mean the iS Clinical cleanser? With the earlier uses, I was able to get it to warm up mildly if I applied/used it a certain way - apply on dry skin, quickly run a light sprinkling of water onto my fingertips and then gently massage the product into the skin. It's really a faint warming. It would certainly be better if the warming effect were a little more pronounced but I like the cleanser enough to have repurchased a tube even with the lack of warming; it's a nice cleanser for my skin in the cooler months.

2023- 78/100
2023- 28 Destashes

June Love.jpg

Love-
eos sweet marshmallow balm
Briogeo Be Gentle Be Kind Shampoo
Briogeo Be Gentle Be Kind Conditioner
Tony Moly Honey Lip Balm- OG!
Barbie Bath Bomb
Aerin Rose De Grasse
Kylie 22 Liquid Lipstick