Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - 2019

Seeing product empties is so satisfying Smiley Happy

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Awww thank you, @faeriegirl ! I had a wonderful trip and I’m happy to be back with you guys! 

March 2019 EmptiesEmpties-2019.03.PNG

Let’s start with the Australiain Gold Botanical Lotion SPF 50.

Spoiler
This was a February empty that I forgot about since I cut the tube months ago and moved the remainder of the product in a jar. Well, I repurchased it..mistakenly. My original intent in purchasing was this could serve as an everyday sunscreen or even just an easy base with its light tint. Well, I found it was too dark and yellow for me. I hate wasting products so throughout the fall and until I used it up in February, I would apply it when playing sports. That way I’d be a sweaty mess and who really cares if my face isn’t a 100% match. As I was using the last of it, my husband commented how even my skin looked. So hook, line, sinker, I have to buy this again and actually use it as a daily sunscreen. When I originally purchased it I was coming off having twins and breastfeeding and well hadn’t seen the sun in forever but now since I’ve become more active outdoors, maybe I added enough color that it will work? WRONG. It is still a tad too dark and yellow but I could probably get away with it as a daily sunscreen if I wanted. Maybe it would work well in conjunction with something a little too light to get an accurate shade. This is an awesome mineral only sunscreen if you find the color suits your skin tone. The one con besides the shade is it does stain clothes if you have them on and then get sunscreen on them. So I make sure to apply it and let it almost dry down before putting on my outfit.

DR. JART+ - Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45

Spoiler
I loved this formula. My skin looked even and wonderful..except the color is too dark and pink for me. Why can’t they have more shade variety?! I made it work but I won’t repurchase because it doesn’t match me. But if the coloring matches you I would strongly recommend this product.

Dr. Jart+ Magical Skin Potions

Spoiler
This is a kit from holiday 2017. The BB cream was the final item from this kit that I finished. It also had the cicapair color correcting treatment, the water fuse, dermaclear water, and cicapair serum. Overall these items were good but not winners for me. I really enjoyed trying them all out though. I think holiday kits are an amazing way to try products at a better price than individually purchasing each item so though I won’t repurchase the items in the kit the experience gets a thumbs up.

NARS - Radiant Creamy Concealer

Spoiler
I’m fair skinned so I tried to use the top shade for concealer (skin matching not lighter/highlighting) but think it was still a bit dark. Then I used the other shades to try to contour or bronze. It was fine. After my no buy ends I think I would like a good everyday concealer to better target some of my red spots. I don’t know that this will be my choice but a sample doesn’t always give enough uses to determine the value of a product so we’ll see. Any suggestions appreciated – I’ll jot them down so I can start my search in November.

SON & PARK - Beauty Water

Spoiler
I don’t ever remember using a toner before. I was able to get 3 uses out of the sample. I think it caused my pink/red areas to stand out even more..though this was temporary. I could definitely feel my skin tingling perhaps when I wiped the toner on. Maybe that was the witch hazel? I think the beauty water also claims exfoliation so maybe that’s why those areas became redder. To give you an idea, when I got a facial the therapist mentioned how my skin seemed to be sensitive during the process but them would go back to normal. I received the glamglow toner in gratis and can’t wait to have a longer trial period to see how toners work into my skincare routine.

Remembering to page @eshoe about the beauty water

DEVACURL - SUPERCREAM® Coconut Curl Styler

Spoiler
So anyone riding with wave with me knows I’m on a journey to figure out what to do with my hair now that it wavy and not curly. I decided to get a DevaCut in the fall and have been using those products. Of the styling products I’ve tried from the line, I believe the supercream gives me the best chance at having ringlets in my hair. So thumbs up for me!

John Frieda Frizz Ease Leave-in Conditioner

Spoiler
I use this to spritz the ends of my hair. I know the tips dry faster than the roots but I feel the dry time between the two is significant for me. So I spray a little to rewet the bottoms and encourage a curl and not get frizz. I think it does its job. I’m currently using a different John Frieda styling spray that just doesn’t compare. I will be repurchasing this one.

BOSCIA - MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil

Spoiler
I want a good first step for a double cleanse. The boscia was not the product for me. Even using my Luna Mini II to help the product work, I would still find some leftover makeup when following it up with a micellar water. It’s not that it was bad but it just didn’t cut the mustard. That’s the saying, right? Though I don’t like this product for myself I wanted to add something for those who might. I bought the 50 mL size which Sephora isn’t showing on their website for $10. The 150 mL size is $32. It’s cheaper to by 3 of the smaller sizes (if that size would be available again) than the full size. It’s only $2 but save your money!

Now let’s end of a high note with BAREMINERALS - Mineral Veil Setting Powder

Spoiler
If you read my post in either March Hauls or the 2019 No Buy, Low Buy..thread this is a repeat. Although this is really the only setting powder I’ve tried, it works wonderfully for me. It leaves an airbrush finish when I use it over the bare minerals loose powder foundation, BB/CC creams, and even just tinted sunscreen – going full circle to the Australian Gold. This product is a winner for me!

Thank you for your detailed reviews, @ShortErica!  My skin is so picky about cleansers, too.  It's interesting how they make such a difference in your skin.

You're welcome @curlychiquita!

I wasn't a fan of the Boscia oil cleanser either, @ShortErica, so you are not alone there! And LOVE BM's mineral veil. It's such a good setting powder!

Yay! Sometimes I question whether my opinions are true since we are all different or I'm going something wrong with the product. Thanks for commenting @quspork!

I definitely understand that feeling, @ShortErica! It can really make you feel crazy when one items is just beloved by everyone (it seems) and it just doesn't work out for you. 

@ShortErica I use the boscia as a pre-pre cleanse if that makes sense? If I’m wearing a lot of face products (usually for a special occasion or a date night. on a regular work day I don’t wear a ton of concealer and never foundation, just a touch of powder), I’ll put some of the boscia on at the same time as my TOO FACED - Mascara Melt Off Cleansing Oil and after that take a makeup wipe and take everything off, and then go on with my cleanser and KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Ultra Facial Tonerand by the time I get to the toner everything is off. I let it sit for a few mins just so that the makeup can start to break off. If you’re still looking for a similar product, I had a sample of the DERMALOGICA - Precleanseand it did a FANTASTIC job, and smelled like lavender. I think a mini version is coming out which is great because a little goes a long way. I had a foil that lasted 4 uses!! The boscia only works for me because I don’t use as an actual precleanse on a regular basis haha.

@cianni - thanks for your explanation. I can see it working as a pre-pre-cleanse but I just want a one product to remove it all and then a gentle cleanser (I'm using CeraVe) to follow. My makeup is generally powder foundation, mascara (not waterproof), blush, and maybe a brow gel or lip product so my hope is I can find a one and done remover. I'll have to check out the Dermalogica. Also @faeriegirl had a great review of the new Sephora cleanser which is saved in my loves list. I should get samples of those so I can test and then purchase during the sale.

@ShortErica ooooh true! I have a few of the new SC skincare products saved to try as well! Luckily I’ve been making it through my pan project pretty well so by the winter sale I’ll actually have a need to stock up on things!

I totally relate! My goal is to have no foils or deluxe samples (minus some lip samples) by November. I'm looking forward to the fall sale and holiday kits @cianni 

@ShortErica isn’t it crazy to realize how much stuff we all stockpile 😂 I’ve been doing an experiment to see how long I can go without having to buy a moisturizer .... it’s going to be January 2020 based on the most recent evaluation of my stash LOL

Too much! Ha! That's mascara minis for me..and blush. Have you been taking notes on the moisturizers so you know what you like best @cianni?

Hahaa you know it ✔️ They’re organized by time of day and season LOL (I know you’ll appreciate the organization of an excel spreadsheet😂) @ShortErica 

That is AMAZING @cianni !!!

excited unicorn GIF by Sherchle

@ShortErica Awesome items!

Best,
Rebecca

Thanks @RebeccaBT!

well you got a couple nice ones in there that worked out...

well you got a couple nice ones in there that worked out 😉 @ShortErica

Re: well you got a couple nice ones in there that worked out...

Yep, really none of them were bad @lmaster ..the boscia just didn't clean all my makeup to be worth it. I want a remover that removes it all! Is perfection too much to ask? 😂

Re: well you got a couple nice ones in there that worked out...

Heck no @ShortErica  I want to see those results!

Thank you for the tag, @ShortErica Smiley Happy

3,018 Replies