cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Thank you sweet @Samtian ❤️

Great work this month @lmaster. I just tried a sample of Briogeo's scalp detox line, it's pretty impressive! 🤩

@CynthieLu thank you sweets!!

October 2023 Month-To-Date (MTD) Dashboard

Full & Deluxe Size Empties = 10

Foils = 25 (more details in the Foil Challenge thread)

Declutter / destashes = 10 (more details in the Show Me Your Declutters! thread

October 2023 Empties.jpg

Of these 10 full or deluxe sized empties I made my way through this month, 6 are ones that I either have already repurchased or am seriously considering picking up either during the sale (ack! just when I thought I was done shopping the sale, lol) or before the year is over. 

Spoiler

By now, it should be fairly clear that I'm a fan of the Touchland hand sanitizers - from the convenient package, the good spritzer and mister on the product itself, the variety of scents offered and that its performance - leaves my hands cleansed, clean, without tack or stickiness - these are must haves. Touchland BLACKPINK | TOUCHLAND Power Mist Hydrating Hand Sanitizer BLACKPINK- Blue Sandalwood version that made its way through New York and Sephoria is sold out - don't worry, I picked up a few before that happened, along with some other favorite scents. 😉 Touchland Power Mist Hydrating Hand Sanitizer Velvet Peach Touchland Power Mist Hydrating Hand Sanitizer Sandalwood Touchland Power Mist Hydrating Hand Sanitizer Beach Coco 

The formula, finish & wear time on the HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA Triclone Skin Tech Medium Coverage Foundation with Fermented Arnica 110 Light Neutral worked beautifully for my skin in September and October. I have another sample in the 100 shade which I think may be better suited for my undertones and may be the shade I eventually pick up. I want to see how the foundation wears on my skin when it's in its drier mood, but I can see this making its way here soon. 

My skin loved Biossance 100% Sugarcane Squalane Oil 3.4 oz / 100 mL day and night. It performed beautifully under my SPF and makeup, giving me a dewy, but not oily, glow and it worked well overnight to keep my skin hydrated and moisturized.

I finished the OUAI Hydrating Scalp Serum for Healthy, Fuller Looking Hair 2 oz / 60 mL shortly after getting back from NYC and I have to say that my hair has been missing it - I loved the volume, fullness it gave me. I was holding off on picking up a full size and trying a similar product from Act + Acre that I picked up as a gwp but now that I've put my thoughts here, I'm gonna need to run out and pick up a full size before the week is over. This is another gratis product (thank you @TeamBIC!) that has become a favorite.

Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue Eau de Toilette Spray is a warm weather favorite fragrance of mine (it's fresh, bright and clean) and thus far, I've been getting by on just deluxe samples. I really don't need another full size fragrance at the moment, but I suspect a full size of this one will be purchased either before the year is over or during the spring sale next year. 

My skin has responded well to many Vitamin C based products, including Sunday Riley C.E.O. Afterglow Brightening Vitamin C Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL. The scent on this isn't my favorite, but it dissipates fairly quickly and the glow and moisture I get from this outweighs that. I want to work through a few more jars of another vitamin C moisturizer I love as well, but when that stash becomes a little more manageable, I'll add this Sunday Riley one to my stash of vitamin C moisturizers. 

Of the remaining 4 products, the tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Plump is one I would happily use again if I had it in my collection. I could see myself repurchasing a few if I didn't already have so many similar type products. Everything else was fine - there are just other similar products I like more. 

@itsfi Excellent empties! It is good to know the Biossance worked well with your spf and makeup. 

The amount of these empties ebb and flow from month-to-month @Mellmars1185! I do like that I am seeing more full size empties as I am more selective of the deluxe size and foils I choose. The Biossance + SPF + makeup combo all started at Sephoria. I was using the Biossance until I ran out last month. 

@itsfi I can't possibly imagine how you went through so much sanitizer... lol.  I go through the touchland a lot too... I usually snag apple or peach, but I did find a beach coco to crack into next.  I received the OUAI in gratis as well but I used it a few times here and there.  You've convinced me that I need to put it next to my skincare and give it a really good go.  

Hahaha @missjeanie, right?!! I mean, between all the spritzes I used on myself, our BIC beauties at Sephoria, along with several of the brand reps and random strangers standing in line at Sephoria (or, new friends, depending on how you look at it), the Touchland had a busy few days in New York! 😃 Peach and Coco Beach are wonderful. I have apple and need to break it open, and I usually try to keep an unscented one on hand in case there are people who (ahem) will "pass on my girly smelling hand stuff". More for me then! 

Oh missjeanie, give the Ouai scalp serum another try, like once per week. Though I have to say that your hair has a glorious thickness and volume to it already so you may not notice the same results as my fine, thin-ish, flat hair does. 😆 

@itsfi I have one of the Rainwater?  I think it's Rainwater anyhow that I keep in my truck for those less inclined to the more fruity versions lol.  

I actually pulled the OUAI Hydrating Scalp Serum for Healthy, Fuller Looking Hair 2 oz / 60 mL out after reading your post and have used it four days in a row now.  If nothing else, it doesn't do any harm, so I'll keep it up.  I have found that once I hit ... maybe 35... my hair has been a bit more thin, so I wouldn't be mad at getting a bit more fullness!  But I also think you aren't giving yourself enough credit!  You have gorgeous hair!!

Four days in a row @missjeanie?!! Lol, you are really trying to fast track the results, huh? 😝 You’re so kind, thank you. My hair care game has only been elevated as the result of being on BIC and the hair care items that  I’ve generously received as gratis. Grateful for that. I went 7 weeks with actually styling / curling my hair every day, until this past week. Too tired this week. It was up in a bun or clip all but one day. Hahaha! 

@itsfi I'm in my 'do it all' mood at the moment... Sheet Masking, check.  Scalp Serum, check.  LED Mask before bed, check.  Occlusive Farmacy Salve as I crawl into bed, check.   Now if only I could keep it up and get in 8 glasses of water in a day I'd be rollin'!

Wowza, you're a champ @missjeanie! Oh, I love that Farmacy salve - it does everything!! 💛🍯 Yes to the water intake! Must stay hydrated! Must. Stay. Hydrated. 🚰

@itsfi What a lovely photo of those empties! ❤️ That Touchland spray looks super unique, my mom is the biggest fan girl of their sanitizers haha!

I'm biased, but your mom has good taste @QueenMarceline. Love these Touchland hand sanitizers. 

@itsfi  Great job! Those Touchland hand sanitizer sounds amazing and I bet they will come in handy for you during the winter months when more virus are around! Great way to protect you!

I have to agree with you on the Ouai scalp serum! I’m almost out. I love it too the scent is so yummy too. I picked up the JVN one but I wonder if I should grab a back up of the Ouai! 

Yeah, I'm constantly pulling out hand sanitizer or sunscreen and asking people if they'd like some @ather🤣 Some are more entertaining of my requests than others. ha!

I like a lot (a lot!) of the products from JVN, but that Ouai scalp serum is seriously the best. I'm sorta regretting not picking up a bottle during the sale. I'm not worried as I suspect I'll be able to pick one up during a sale somewhere before the end of the year; or, perhaps there'll be a $100 Rouge Reward I can pick up - though I have not seen them in the Rewards Bazaar since just before the holiday sale. 🤔 In any event, full price or on sale, the Ouai scalp serum will be here shortly. That's how much I like it. 😍

Wow you did great this month! @itsfi 

I have a similar issue with Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Vitamin C Lactic 15% Firm & Bright Serum 1 oz / 30 mL , my skin loves it but it has a very strong smell, but like yours it dosen't last too long after applying.

Its always fun too read through your product breakdowns, thank you for those reports 😊

It's that L-asorbic acid vitamin C smell @CynthieLu! It's a marvelous skincare ingredient but my goodness, the scent can pack a punch at the outset, right?! Thanks, cynthielu; I appreciate hearing about how a product performs, and have discovered some wonderful products I might not have otherwise, all because of some of the details and feedback folks here have shared. I try to do the same when I can. 

The DG one, is pretty potent and reminds me of smoke 😅 @itsfi.

Soooo true, reading everyone's posts and accounts of items has led me to fabolous gems. 🤩 I love hearing about everything, good and bad. It's all helpful. 😊

Agree @CynthieLu, it's helpful, especially because what works for one person may not for another. There are some products that are well loved by folks here and I can see that it's a good product from the ingredients list, feedback from people I trust, but for whatever reason, it just doesn't work for me. Likewise, there are items I probably never would have considered giving a try and then someone with the same preference for ingredients or who has similar skin concerns or likes as me speaks well of a product and what do you know? It's in my cart and soon enough, on its way here - some times, it's a winner and others, just not for me.

Haus labs foundation is amazing!! @itsfi good job on your empties 🙌

10,615 Replies
testing