cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Thank you bunches! @makeitup305 

There’s quite a few goodies in there @CynthieLu! I agree with you on that CT magic cream. I miss that one. And that Skinfix cleanser sounds amazing!

I bought a bunch of Skinfix after I had a huge flare up on my face last spring *my eye area were all red and rash-ey and terribly aggrivated.* It was gentle enough to help my skin rest and recover. It's something I would feel good about buying again but not a priority since I have found a slew of great face washes this year. 😉 @JoSometimes 

Nicely done @CynthieLu; that Lise Waiter mascara sounds amazing! 😍

The Lise Waiter was a good fit for me @itsfi Thank you.

I could tell it was a good one because everything I did my lower lashes they looked just right. 😉

@CynthieLu amazing!!

Ty darlin! @lmaster 😽

@CynthieLu Great job! Something I would do with those peels. That's why I read instructions like 100 times before I do it lol/

You know what happened? It was a 2 packete bundle right. Ugh, lol. 😅 I flipped them over and had the instructions facing up and the front facing down. The front had" Step 1" and "Step 2" written so clearly... That back not as big and bold. Oh well, lesson learned. 😉🤣 @Samtian 

@CynthieLu Nice empties!! I think I have a mini of the CT moisturizer. After reading to your feedback on it, I will give it a try! The LW mascara sounds lovely. 

The LW mascara was a good one I'll miss. I'm super stocked on Mascara atm. 😉

CT's magic cream did great on my very dry and thirsty skin @Mellmars1185. I wish it wasn't so $$$$ 

Love to see it!

Excuse the shadowy pictures- it's 1 am bathroom lighting 😆

IMG_3169.JPEG

The foot mask is an old favorite, the masks were expired (I've come to the realization I won't wear face masks just because my skincare routine is long enough as it is), and the self warming eye mask is a new favorite of my boyfriend's. He went through a pack of 5 already. I told him it was a treat since they're not that cheap lol Thankfully I got these on a good deal at Costco but I haven't tried one personally yet.

IMG_3170.JPEG

I liked all of these and might repurchase in the future. My boyfriend is the one who used the R+Co and I loved the way it made his hair look, feel, and smell. I'm waiting for the liters to go on sale at Costco so I can buy them on a good deal.

IMG_3171.JPEG

Bioderma is a staple and has already been repurchased. Protini was just ok for me, not hydrating enough for my climate and skin. I'm kicking myself because the Augustinus Bader expired before I tried it. Thankfully I didn't buy it full price, it was part of an advent. The Beauty of Joseon sunscreen is amazing. Supergood Glow Screen is good but I think I prefer the Heimish Artless Glow Base which is similar. The Wet n Wild mascara was terrible. The Brush cleanser was good.

IMG_3172.JPEG

The Thank You Farmer expired and was starting to irritate my skin but it was a good product. The Naturium essence was just ok I think. 

@makeitup305 I need to pay more attention at Costco and see if I spot the warming eye masks there!  They're so nice, my SO and I both love them for headaches. 

@missjeanie I haven't seen them in store but they have them online. They are currently $40 for 3 packs of 5, so 15 masks total. I picked them up on sale so maybe keep an eye on them to go down. You can also get packs of 12 for much cheaper <$20 with different scents on YesStyle from a brand called Kao. 

@makeitup305  Wow! Great roundup! The heating eye masks are great. I had no idea Costco sells them! I’ll keep my eyes open for them. And I didn’t know Costco sells R+Co. Another awesome tip!! 

@ather I've only seen the eye masks and R+Co online. I'm waiting for them to go on sale to repurchase lol. They have a limited selection of the R+Co but the liters they do have are a good price, even when not on sale. My boyfriend loved the eye masks and was using one a day until I explained that they weren't exactly 50 cents each lol

@makeitup305  Thanks for letting me know! Online works best for me since I’m 2 hours from a store!!! 

@makeitup305, I am loving this empties post on so many levels. 😍 I spy some loves (Bioderma in particular as a staple - yes!!! and definitely several products that are mutual likes. I keep repurchasing my tried-and-true sunscreens so that keeps me from reaching for my Beauty of Joseon but I'm always reminded to do so when I see it in someone's faves or empties, like here. Will have to make it more of a priority to include that in my rotation next year! 

@itsfi I really enjoyed it. I've got a bunch of Korean sunscreens to get through so I haven't repurchased the BoJ yet but I most likely will. What are your favorite sunscreens? I'm currently using the Universal Tinted and the Daydreamer from DRMTLGY but I think I prefer the Josie Maran over the Daydreamer, I need the extra moisture. 

@makeitup305, I have that DRMTLGY one I need to get into my SPF queue at some point; I really like a lot of products from that brand and picked up the sunblock based on your recommendation. 😍 My favorite sunscreens? My current top 5 sunscreens are:

1. Etude (fka Etude House) Sunprise Mild Airy Finish Sun Milk SPF 50+ / PA++++

2. Summer Fridays ShadeDrops Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mineral Milk Sunscreen 1.7 oz / 50 mL - @ather steered me towards this one.

3. OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Mineral Face Sunscreen SPF 30 1.7 oz / 50 mL 

4. Kosas DreamBeam Silicone-Free Mineral Sunscreen SPF 40 with Ceramides and Peptides DreamBeam 

5. Saint Jane Beauty Luxury Sun Ritual Pore Smoothing Face Sunscreen SPF 30 1.7 oz / 50 mL 

All mineral sunscreens. The first three have worked very well with all of the base products I've paired them with.

10,744 Replies
testing