cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@CynthieLu  I’ve used the The Ordinary Mini Multi Peptide Hair Density Serum 1 oz / 30 mL  and I prefer the Ouai. I’m trying the JVN right now! 

Good luck with JVN 💛 let us know how using it works out for you @ather I really enjoy it. 😄

@ather The Ouai serum is a contender for my 2024 project pan items.  I need to find a way to get in the habit of using it.  Glad to hear another vote of confidence with it!

@missjeanie  Do it! 

Just poking my head in to say "dooooo it @missjeanie!" The Ouai was in my project pan this year and it kept me accountable to using it, which in turn, resulted in me repurchasing it after I finished the bottle. @ather 

@itsfi  @missjeanie  I have mine on my dresser and I keep it with my skincare so I use it at night! Hope you are able to use it! 

@ather, that's smart. 💡 The first time around, before I included the Ouai serum in my project pan last year, I kept it with my overflow hair care products - items I have open but that are not part of my then current rotation. Even as I write that, what a bad idea to keep the serum there!!! Ack! 😫 No wonder I never used it. 🙄 I like how your brain works, ather. Going to think about anything else that I should be using nightly - I'll add that to my skincare items. @missjeanie 

@itsfi  Hopefully it helps! My overflow is in my closet in my room. And I rarely grab from it. I need things in open site for me to use it!! Hope it works for you!! 

Yeah @ather, the adage "out of sight, out of mind" is a good descriptor when it comes to using up products. Ugh. Challenges can be helpful because I can chip away at things - a little here, a little there adds up over time. Being on a low buy / no buy will be good too, especially for shopping my stash. Hoping my attempt a Capsule Makeup Collection will help even more. 🤞 We shall see what organizational system I come up with when I've moved back in.

@itsfi  I love the capsule idea. I actually was thinking it was more of only having one or 2 products in each category! But I like this idea better. This means I can keep all my products!! 

@itsfi I've got about 20 products pulled so far and will need to narrow it down tomorrow!  Jusssssst for you though... I'll make sure the Ouai makes the cut!

@missjeanie, oooh, Ouai to go! 😂🤣😂 

excited gif.gif

But, you know, if there's something that you really want in and something has to go ... I'm sure we can find another way to get you on a schedule with the Ouai serum.

I keep adding things to my project pan basket, and then taking things out, putting more in, taking them out. In. Out... I really have to remind myself to keep it simple. I tried being ambitious one year - it did not work for me. 😆

@itsfi I think it was 2021 I had 21 products thinking that was a cute number for the year.  Turns out the way I choose products (things that are still good, but that I either forget about or I have things that are in the same category but are newer or more fun etc etc) doesn't lend me to completely finishing 21 products.  I have to do the same as you and remind myself that simple is good.  While I want to challenge myself, I need to be realistic as well.  I'll do 10 again this year and rotate items in as I finish them for the first half of the year. 

And it's too late... The Ouai is in!!

@missjeanie, if it makes you feel better, I had the "genius" idea of aiming to pan 22 items in 2022. Yep, genius. 😜 A lot of hacks and lessons were learned that year. 🤣 My original plan for 2024 consisted of 10 products, 14 goals. I will be going back to the original plan.

Wonderful empties @ather! I love that there are a couple of repurchased beauties here! A sign of a product that works well. ♥️ I love that Ouai serum.

@itsfi  Thanks! I’ve definitely gotten my skincare routine down to a science when I’m using my loves!!! Ahhh that Ouai is the best! 

@ather Awesome empties! I want to try the OUAI Hydrating Scalp Serum for Healthy, Fuller Looking Hair 2 oz / 60 mL next. Once I am finished my Fable and Mane I am changing things up. I also heard great feedback from @itsfi on it. I would love to know your thoughts on the JVN when you get a chance to try it out.

@Mellmars1185  Yay! The Ouai is amazing! I’ve used the JVN 3 times. I like it. But I need more use to put it to the test. The Ouai I felt helped more hair grow. And my hair feels stronger. But could be multiple different things that could have helped!! 

@Mellmars1185, I feel like my hair reaps the benefits of my being on BIC. I would never have tried the Ouai on my own and now it’s a mainstay in my hair care. I’ve noticed consistent volume at the crown that I was never able to get even with getting my hair cut a certain way, or using certain styling products. It’s been gifted to others and I’ve picked up one for myself as well. ♥️

@ather I feel like a lot of people really like the Rhode skin products; I probably need to try something one of these days.

@CookieGirl1  I think it’s like any skincare brand. Some work well for me and maybe not others. Probably also depends where you’re living and how the climate is! I’m currently using her whole line and my skin has never been better! You should try it if you get a chance! My only criticism about the brand is I wish she would release something for aging skin. Since that’s my main concern 😂

10,778 Replies
testing