cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@missjeanie, awww, thanks. I appreciate that you were open minded to it; I understand how it can be offputting. 🐌  It's seeing an uptick in popularity again, with it trending on TikTok. 

@itsfi Ahhhhh Tick Tock... I might hear about that from the kids at work well after it's popular lol.  I'm happy if that's what's gaining popularity though... it's such a good one!

So... I've had empties since June under my bathroom sink... Gonna try and get through these all to count up how I did last year as well as clear out some space lol!

My goal for the year was 550 empties, This is June 2023, and I had 21 empties bringing the yearly total to 202.

419915245_1748654635643569_3783454568763195099_n.jpg

Spoiler
I've kind of done groups from right to left of loves to pass.  
LOVES
-The Playa shampoo had a scent to it that I really love, and it's not the scent family I generally prefer for my hair care, it was warm and spicy and I'd have kept buying it if it was still around. 
-Joico purple hair colour, I use this in a section of my hair and it lasts the best out of the fantasy colours I've tried. I've bought countless bottles over the years and will continue to do so.
-Feria conditioner (from the dye I use for the rest of my head), this stuff is great.  Makes my hair feel silky soft... wish they sold it without the dye!
-OG Bite Beauty lip mask in lavender.  Not my favourite shade, but RIP to my favourite formula.  Nothing quite as good as it. 
-Peach and Lily Glass Skin Serum ... a brand that I've totally fallen for.  So many great formulas in their line up.
-Farmacy Green Clean in the citrus scent.  I was late to the Green Clean craze, but I'm glad I got here.  I'll now be paying more attention to the LE scents they do. 

- Head Kandy Miracle Spray -- Came in IPSY I think? Solid product to detangle and protect.  If I saw it again, I'd pick it up, but I'm not seeking it out.
-Cay Skin SPF was a surprise winner for me, it had a shimmer to it, but it wasn't overwhelming.  I'll be keeping an eye on the line going forward and may pick this up again to test out longer term.
-Farmacy Honey Halo Moisturiser was really nice, I've since bought a full size and gotten another one from Sephoria, great in the winter or when I've done something to my skin barrier.
-Tatcha Indigo Overnight Cream -- Really nice, I also purchased a full size of this at TJ Maxx right before getting one at Sephoria as well.  I'm luckily now stocked on skincare for the winter!
-Beauty Blender.  I do like these, but I think 30 bucks for a sponge is a lot.  I like the Real Techniques ones just as well so I will use Beauty Blender if I find them on sale, but at regular price they're a pass.

MEH
-Mermaid Goals Shower Steamers -- Okay I LOVE the concept here and am now into shower steamers full on.  The scent on these were nice, but I'm going to try for varieties going forward.  I did find that it was easy for me to use an entire steamer in one shower, so I like that this brand included a mesh bag to hang from my shower head with the puck in it.  This made them last longer and I've kept the mesh bag to use like this going forward!
-Tony Moly Pureness 100 Collagen Sheet Masks -- These are good.  Nothing crazy about them, but they do what I find most sheet masks do for me... give a boost of hydration to my parched skin.
-Keys Peptide Serum and Pericone Moisturizer.... were both forgettable.  It could be the super small size just wasn't enough to form clear thoughts with, but I'd use them if given them again, these just didn't entice me to seek them out.

NOPE
-Leaver 2000... yes this is still made.  LOL, my grandmother has tried gifting to some of the guys in my life.  Those guys use nothing but Ivory bar soap.  I used this up at the lake just to use it up.  I much prefer body washes with lovely scents to them.  
-OH Nurture me cleansing wipes.  These were used up on the boat or at the lake, I can't recall which.  They had a lovely scent to them but overall I think wipes aren't for me.  I like to actually wash my face.  I know these have a place in my life when I'm not able to do that, but these were a drier wipe and very meh.  
-Floral Street Wonderland Peony -- too floral for my liking.  I used it up as a room spray when cleaning just to use it up.

@missjeanie Great job! I am currently loving the citrus Farmacy green clean atm!

@Mellmars1185 I'm kinda kicking myself for not getting the trio again this past holiday season... I convinced myself I didn't need it and should work through product but now I'm having mild regret! I need another LE scent to come out soon lol

@missjeanie Oh yes! I didn't see and of the LEs available on the Canadian site. I would have purchased the (tea?) Set that came out. I even went to Farmacy direct but I dont beleive they ship to Canada. I have the blueberry one left. Hopefully by the time I am done that one there wlll be more LE scents 🤞

@Mellmars1185 I was on their website yesterday looking to see where they ship as well... sadly... not to Canada 😥

@missjeanie  Great job. 👏 

Good job 👍 @missjeanie 

@missjeanie, it’s pouring outside so I’m going to settle in, make myself comfy, and catch up with your empties. I spy 2 sheet masks in this group! 🙌🏼 

What’s your favorite Peach & Lily product?

@itsfi Favourite.... well... I really love the Glass Skin Veil Mist, I'm just into mists lately as a bit of top up of hydration through the day and during the summer they feel like a lovely refresh when it's too hot out.  The Glass Skin refining serum really does add a certain je ne sais quoi to my skincare as well.  And then I also love the Ginger Melt Oil Cleanser.  I like to keep an oil cleanser in my shower to be able to take off my make up and cleanse at the same time.  The oil melt is a nice size bottle that does the job with a lovely scent at a great price point for something I'm going to wash down the drain.  

I'm quite eager to try out more of their products over the next few years.  I hope the ULTA nearest me ends up with more of their products on the shelves.

Lol... Its snowing out here and I was not feeling it so we'll be curled up with empties together! lol

Ahhh, good to know about the ginger oil cleanser - it's been in and out of my cart for years. I'll stay in my cart when I've finished up a few more bottles of Kbeauty oil cleansers. 🤣

@itsfi Do you have any favourites from your stash of oil cleansers?  Or fav Peach and Lily items?

If we're just talking cleansing oils (vs. cleansing balms 😬), then:

My favorite Peach & Lily items are masks. 😀 The Super Reboot Resurfacing Mask (exfoliating wash off) and the Original Glow Sheet Mask 

@itsfi The Sulwhasoo Oil cleanser has been on my list to try for some time now.  I think I've loved everything I've tried from the brand, so this may be my push that I need to pick it up this year....

I'll have to dig around my sample stash and see if I have the resurfacing Peach & Lily mask!

That resurfacing mask is a beauty @missjeanie! A few years back I would always have clogged pores along my jawline.  I started using the resurfacing mask and it helped a lot with unclogging the clogged pores. 😆 

@itsfi Basically it sounds like a first aid kit item.... so for my own health I need it.  I wonder if my insurance would cover that???  I can always use a good pore cleaning mask. 

I like your thinking @missjeanie! It’s one of those potent yet gentle yet don’t forget how potent it is products 😆 You can sometimes find a mini version of it in a set with other Peach & Lily products. Ulta occasionally has it as a part of a gwp bundle as well. 

@itsfi I love a gift set!  I'm thinking I'll be near an Ulta sometime late Feb or early March, so I'll be checking out their P&L display.  Gwp from Ulta tend to be non existent for me.  I can shop in person, but they won't ship to my PO box and I think most of their gwp are onlline only these days.  Sad face.  Actually... no... I do not need gwp.  I do not need a bunch of items where I'll only likely use one or two.  I do not.  In person, strategic shopping. If I keep saying it....

lol @missjeanie, I hear that on the gwps. Gotta be strategic. That’s my aim for this year, in every part of my life. There’s only so many hours in the day after all. 

The closest Ulta to me is about 45 minutes away depending on traffic. It’s near / a 2 minute drive from a couple of Home Depot stores, which I had to visit as part of the remodel. I *may* have moseyed my way over. 😆 I mean, I was right there, after all ! 

@itsfi A home depot/Ulta shopping center is a dangerous combo!!

10,781 Replies
testing