cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@missjeanie Great empties! I love the Wow spray. My hair always feels soft after using it.

@Mellmars1185 And you have such gorgeous hair!  I can't wait to buy more once I work through some things!

@missjeanie Aw thank you very much 🥰

@missjeanie  Good job finishing so many! 💕

Great job!! @missjeanie 

@lmaster 💜

@missjeanie, the Kosas tinted face oil is a love of mine but 💯agree, the packaging needs to be redesigned. I am hoping that’s why I haven’t seen the product as much as before. 🤔 

@itsfi Yes!  If I saw redesigned packaging I'd be picking up another without a second thought!

These photos are the months of August and September of 2023... guys... I swear I won't get this far behind this year! lol

I had 37 products over the two months emptied to bring the total to 257 for the year, goal of 550.

420069627_349254104541297_2374557438680075621_n.jpg

The first photo shows my Loves and Likes

Spoiler
LOVES
-SDJ Body wash... This one sat in my PO Box for a few years when crossing the boarder wasn't happening.  It still smelled great when I picked it up and the scent is one I love particularly in the winter months when I want to remind myself that summer is a thing I'll see again someday! 
-Feria Hair Dye and conditioner is a staple and I go though about one a month.
-Joico Hair Dye in Purple I use about a 1/3 of a tube every month.  I like that this one doesn't run as much as other fantasy colours.
-Moroccan Oil S&C is a nice one.  I got these in a set and they were great for travel.  I've contemplated full size versions several times but just haven't pulled the trigger as something else tends to be on sale when ever I go to buy S&C.
-Touchland hand sanitizer.... I clearly forget to toss some empties in here depending on where and when I empty them... I'm pretty sure I've gone though several different scents of this stuff.  Love that it isn't sticky!
-Kayali Pistachio.  Once I tried this I ordered the travel size right away.  Now that I've used the travel size... I'm down for a full size. 
-Tretinoin and Differin Gel.  I use these on opposite nights and they really do work to help keep the texture I'm VERY prone to.  I still use both. 
-Cay Skin SPF-- yaaaa.... i'll pick up a full size.  I'm realizing as I go through notes on products that I fell for this one last summer.
-Amika Hair Mask -  I've got a full size of this on the go at any point in time.  Was nice to have a mini to take with me on nights away.
-Briogio Deodorant- I first got this as a gratis item and have since purchased it a few times.  It was my gateway to 'natural' deodorant and still one of the ones I've liked the best. 
-Eye Mask Stickers - These are ones that I've picked up in a few iterations from TJMaxx/Winners.  I like the sticker style so that I can wear them around without worry of slippage.  All of the versions have been nice. 
-Bath and Body Works candle in Pumpkin Pecan Waffles.... If I ever get through my candle stash, I would LOVE to have this one again.  Perfect for fall or winter. 
-First Aid Beauty KP Bump Eraser... Probably my favourite FA product.  It had a nice fine gritty texture with an easy to use vehichle. 
-Tony Moly Mango hand cream.  Yes.  Smells delish and works wonderfully.

-Voluspa Goji Tarocco Orange Candle - This was part of a three pack and it was lovely, but once it was done I was okay with moving on to something else. 
-Skinfood Black Sugar Mask -- This was left in my shower for me to do a mini exfoliation session with.  I was able to use it up nicely this way.  It never sat on my skin for more than a few minutes but the texture allowed me to feel like I was exfoliating, and I love the feeling of a manual exfoliation. 
-Native Deodorant -- These are fine.  I do like that they often have different scents I can pick from, but I'm not convinced they're the be all end all of my deodorant use?
-Mac Oil Cleanser - I like to have an oil cleanser with a pump in my shower.  It just makes shower time easier than using a balm where I need to take the cap off and dig in. I have other oil cleansers I prefer at a lower price point so I likely won't re purchase, but it did the job.
-Lime Crime Lip Liner -- This was a mini I believe and I liked the colour a lot.  
-DM Yummy Skin Serum primer and skin tint - these were nice, but I'd like another sample before I commit to the skin tint.
-YTTP Adaptogen Moisturizer - I liked this, I'd use it again and possibly pick up a full size if I found it on sale. Too many others out there to try to commit to it full price lol.

419204394_1434849547436664_1169308766315044206_n.jpg

Spoiler
These are the Meh and Pass for the two months.

MEH
-May Coop Raw Sauce -- this was a project pan item... it didn't hurt anything, but it also didn't help anything.  It was the definition of meh.
-Mac Fix Plus - this was a mini of the regular version that I filled with the pearl version in order to return the larger pearl size to MAC.  I would't repurchase the pearl, if there by chance was a bigger splatter of it rather than a mist, it was obvious and I'm not really a highlighter person to start with. 
-Glossier Foundation -- Very unmemorable.  
-Kiehl's Ultra facial Cream with SPF 30 - I liked having this so that my moisturizer gave an SPF boost to my actual SPF, but the formula itself was very basic and didn't give me the same sensory experience I have with other skincare.  I think I still have another of these that came in the two pack.
-Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen -- I've heard so much hype about this and while it's fine, I do not get the hype.  I have other SPFs I much prefer.  I'll use it, but it's not a first choice.
-Floral Street Sweet Almond Blossom - Nothing offensive here, but nothing wowing. 
-Radical Skincare Eye Cream - I'm not huge on eye creams and this one did nothing to distinguish itself in the foil size.
-Dr Bronners Castile Soap - I have a few mini's of this around that I use out on the boat or at camp.  Its fine, but nothing that I see warrants the level of obsessive love I see some people have for it. 
-Fenty Foundation -- Felt a bit heavier/fuller coverage than I prefer. 

PASS
-First Aid Beauty tinted moisturizer was not for me.  I struggled to use this up mixing it with other foundations or moisturizers.  It sat on my skin in such a way that it highlighted any dry patches or pores.  
-A bath and body works hand cream from ... who knows when was stuck behind a box in my beauty drawers.
-Naturally Upper Canada Calming face mask -- this was a peel off mask, that took forever to dry and still peeled off so poorly.  I'm not the biggest peel off fan to start so this is a pass for me. 

@missjeanie Great empties! Oh dear. I have a Glossier Foundation in my stash. I would ask you what you didn't like about it if you can remember 😉

@Mellmars1185 I honestly don't remember!  All I had next to it in my notes on my phone was 'meh'.  lol

@missjeanie  You really went through some products🥳

@missjeanie you killed it!

You did awesome girl @missjeanie 

Thanks @lmaster This thread is one that keeps reminding me that I have stuff to use at home! lol

I have to say, there were some gems in your commentary with the meh and passes bunch @missjeanie that had me cracking up! 😆 Curious to know if you think you’ll continue to work through “meh” items this year or will you declutter them? 🤔 

btw, I repurpose my gwp Dr Bronner’s soaps as brush soap. 

@itsfi Brush soap is a great idea for the Bronners!  I'm hoping that a lot of the meh and pass items are out of my stash and that I'll make better purchasing decisions this year.  That said, if I come across them I'll hopefully be able to repurpose things as body care.  I swear every time I go to declutter something I hear my grandmothers voice telling me that I'm wasting a product and I shouldn't be wasting things and then buying others.  Purposeful purchases this year fi... purposeful purchases lol!

This is July of 2023... 18 empties for a yearly total of 220 at this point, goal of 550 for the year. 

420152009_929791851433621_2118656535009141246_n.jpg

Spoiler
These are again divided left to right, Loves to Passes.

LOVES
-Feria hair dye and the conditioner that comes with... an easy love.
-Sun Bum Cool Down spray.  I'm pretty religious with my SPF, but I missed a few little spots on a beachy vacation last summer and this really helped to sooth the missed spots.  Will keep one of these on hand with my SPF going forward for those accidents! Was also loved by my SO after his swimsuit slipped lower and he ended up with a red line around his waist. 
-Christophe Robin Hydrating Hair Mask -- I've used a few of these over the years and I always love them.   I tend to love a lot from the brand tbh.
-Cay Skin SPF -- This was the second mini I used and I like it more every time I use it.  It was super lovely for under make up and gave a nice glow without being sparkly.
-Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair.  I really like this.  It felt so lovely going on that its a sensory experience for me and though this wasn't enough to see any fabulous results, it was enough to make me want to pick up more if I ever run out of products in the same catagory.

-Loreal Ever Pure Shampoo and Conditioner.  This was really nice for a drugstore product.  I feel like drugstore S&C have come a long way the last 15 or so years since I've used them.  I'll be working more drugstore S&C into my routine alongside my mid range products going forward to test out different lines. 
-Drunk Elephant BHydra.  I like this, I don't love it.  I like having an extra layer of hydration for my skin, but I don't see this as a standout product.  It does what it says, but it's just not 'wowing' me.  I've used several full and trial size in the past and I will again depending on my product collection at any given time.

MEH
-The Yadah Snail masks were some my first snail products and a long time fav, however as I've used more snail products, these are nice, but not as great as I once thought.  I'll totally use more and pick up more at random should I ever need a sheet mask again, but at one point I was seeking them out hard.  Now it's a 'if I come across them'.
-Sweet Chef Ginger Vitamin C serum.  This is fine, but I didn't notice any brightening over the course of the bottle and have easily found other vitamin C products that do give me visible results. 
-Milk Make up Mascara.  I love the wand on this one, I love the volume as well.  It's lovely, and in past years it would be a like, however I noticed some smudging at the end of a long day.  I do touch my face a lot and it could have been the products I used on my face at the time but I was a bit disappointed this try.  I do have another so we'll see how that one goes.
-Ouai Scalp Scrub.  I like the way this one lathered, the scent was just meh... I only use a scalp scrub once a month or so, so I won't be in the market for a while.  I'm fine to use this again, but think I prefer the Christophe Robin version.
-Tony Moly Jelly Cleanser.  I'm always happy to have a mini cleanser to use for travel and this one lasted really long time.  It really only takes a small amount to get a good lather and it does a good job cleaning.  I happened upon a full size of this right after I tried the mini and picked up the full size.  I think the reason this is a meh and not a like is simply due to fatigue.  It really does use such a tiny amount at a time that the full size is still going strong in my shower well over 6 months later. I like to change things up.

PASS
-First Aid beauty moisturizers... These do moisturize.  But they also can leave me feeling a bit greasy with residue.  They just don't sink in in a way I love.
-IGK Charcoal dry shampoo.  This one looks fine at first, but if I touch my hair or scratch my scalp after using it I end up with dark residue under my fingernails.  I realize this can happen with any dry shampoo, but I don't notice it with my beloved Amika. 
-Random Hotel Soap.  It was random.  It was used at an outdoor sink to wash up after gardening.  It was fine, but I mean... are these ever loves?
- KVD Tattoo Liner.  This is one that gives me conflict.  I've a sour taste in my mouth from the brand even after it was sold after disagreeing big time with the brand owner years back.  That said, I very much prefer a brush liner over a felt tip and this was one that was readily available.  I use them if they come into my life through GWP etc, but I no longer purchase from the brand.  The good news... I rarely wear a liquid liner these days anyhow so it's not really a big issue in my life by any stretch. 

@missjeanie  Oh I really like the Cay Skin sunscreen and the EL Advanced Night Repair.   

@Cissy63 I have the #CAY SKIN Isle Glow Face Moisturizer SPF 45 with Sea Moss and Niacinamide 1.5 oz / 45 mL on my list for the spring sale!  Was so lovely.

We both were pretty close to our goal @missjeanie I mean dang that's a lot of products you worked through

10,744 Replies
testing